Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Dav77
I’m on a quite dangerous situation as well ... 😃

Actually 31 nights and 10.856 points. Less than half than last year at same period.

no paying stays until the end of August.

Hope to re qualifying for Plat by points ...if there will be any interesting point promotion from Sept to Dec, if not , I hope at least I will get a nice woman ambassador at Marriott 😁

With those Marriott Double Night credit promo that falls on the right time, I manage to qualify Bonvoy Ambassador earlier than expected.
Spending however might just a bit above 20k requirement this time.

The plus side, I will have some extra stays that I can divert to other programs (Accor and GHA Discovery) although it wont make me qualify to the next tier in either program.

Booked a stay at Singapore Raffles on September and that will bring me to qualify as Gold next year.

Still have some stays planned for Oct and Nov and possibly December.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Thumbs up

The time has come, very likely won't be renewing Gold for next year unless a lot of stays come up in Q4 ...
Currently at 6 nights, + 6 more nights by Sep.

I've moved onto Hilton & IHG - renewing/securing Gold for 2020/21 by late Sep./early Oct.

To those of you still with LCAH/A+ : I hope you find the program useful & rewarding - I sure did while it lasted during the past 9-10 years.
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Goldorak
this is truly horrible Cocoleolol. You need to work on a rescue plan to at least renew Gold. This is your Accor FT challenge
An easy rescue plan is simply buy an Ibis Business membership. GBP65.

CT
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:57 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
An easy rescue plan is simply buy an Ibis Business membership. GBP65.

CT
I considered this but I am already paying for Accor Plus membership (As I eat quite alot in Accor restaurants, so that might help me next year when we can earn points from dining when not staying in hotels) and the Ibis Business card only gives gold for 1 year.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:14 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by cocoleolol
I considered this but I am already paying for Accor Plus membership (As I eat quite alot in Accor restaurants, so that might help me next year when we can earn points from dining when not staying in hotels) and the Ibis Business card only gives gold for 1 year.
I don’t think the Gold status is limited to one year only. T&Cs states that: ”Becoming a Subscriber of the ibis BUSINESS Program allows Subscribers to get an automatic upgrade to Gold Status of the Le Club AccorHotels program while their ibis BUSINESS Subscription is valid.”
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1k & MM, Accor/LeClub Platinum
23,275 Status Pts.
46 Nights
Old Aug 1, 2019, 10:32 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I don’t think the Gold status is limited to one year only. T&Cs states that: ”Becoming a Subscriber of the ibis BUSINESS Program allows Subscribers to get an automatic upgrade to Gold Status of the Le Club AccorHotels program while their ibis BUSINESS Subscription is valid.”
Hmm. let me read up more on this. Anyone has any ideas if this is confirmed?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
30146 Pts 112 Nights Diamond reached for 2020,, probably will hit 40K+ and 150 nights...I do not expect to obtain the elite status, not that interested really.
Using one Novotel and one Ibis hotel
Mostly due to where I have been working due to lack of alternative points earning opportunities.
To be honest I am not so worried about most extra benefits etc (points bonus is about the only one) all my stays are company paid.
This is only my second year with Le Club, last year was Plat just...

My main program is IHG, which I have retained Spire for next year on points and prefer.to Le Club.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
30146 Pts 112 Nights Diamond reached for 2020,,

My main program is IHG, which I have retained Spire for next year on points and prefer.to Le Club.
Your comment about preferring IHG is very interesting to me as I have just started looking at this chain also as a serious additional possibility for next year due to a good number of convenient properties for me. Its loyalty programme doesn’t seem to get many positive reviews.

What are the main things that you like about IHG Loyalty if not simply that they have lots of properties in the places you travel ? Just a few bullet points if you have the time to answer. If not then no matter.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by Kobetraveller

Your comment about preferring IHG is very interesting to me as I have just started looking at this chain also as a serious additional possibility for next year due to a good number of convenient properties for me. Its loyalty programme doesn’t seem to get many positive reviews.

What are the main things that you like about IHG Loyalty if not simply that they have lots of properties in the places you travel ? Just a few bullet points if you have the time to answer. If not then no matter.
PM Sent
Kobetraveller likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:58 pm

PM Sent
Thank you very much ! Most helpful.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Plat, HH Gold, Marriott GE
Points Status: 4 033 / 14 000 or Nights: 34 / 60

Been using up all my points staying at Ibis / Mercure Hotels for mid travel stops so have not gained many status points yet. Found it better to burn at the lower end as you earn more at the higher end ( taken three year to realise this ..... must be slow on the uptake )

Not sure if the next level will be any good to me , as no valuable benefits over Platinum that I can see ( for me anyway )

However have a long family get together in September ( BKK, REP, etc ) so will credit 28 nights and xx points to the score. ( If we can get there - thanks BA ) booked before the KLM offer so totally upset at least the French car Park has Accor points ....
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum
PM Sent
Could you please PM me the explanation as to why IHG is better than Le Club? I think of changing to another loyalty programme if there is anything better. Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle

Will end up around 37k status points end of 2019
let's wait & see how will Diamond benefits be...
Old Aug 4, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
re-qualified by nights. i have 15 nights upcoming stay booked, may reach 80+ nights by end of this year.

gilbertaue and Dav77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.