Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Nick Art
Points still not posted. Going to write the hotel directly next. Do I have to do this every single stay now?!?!? For the price the rooms cost I god damn expect them to be able to point some stupid poinst. Ugh. It's pissing me off.
normally not every si file stay. Only sometimes

considering you are entitled to receive lot of points, better to write both to the hotel and Accor CC, including copy of your invoice
Old May 30, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
16 nights and 5848 status points. I have enough stays booked to regain Gold but probably not worth going any further. I do pretty well as a Gold though so no complaints there.

1F
Old May 31, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Still no change, although 2 trips are planned for August and September which supposedly make me reach Gold for next year.

And apparently ALL still not yet known
Old May 31, 2019, 2:38 am

Two people on another forum have posted that they already have the 26,000 Status Points. Others may be getting close.

We are only one month away from the middle of this year. Would be useful to know roughly when the Diamond benefits will be announced. I've heard that (at least some) hotel staff will begin training with the new platform in July or August but others here are bound to know much more. Hope a lot of testing is being done to ensure that the new platform works well when opened for public use. I assume this will be towards the end of the year. Hope Accor IT/Loyalty people noted the IT/Customer Service chaos that ensued after 18 August last year when Bonvoy was opened.

I think a couple of people here have posted that they are making no further Accor bookings after requalifying for Platinum until Diamond Status benefits are announced. I suppose there are others who are booking elsewhere while waiting for clarity.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
This is where I'm at.

We will have a pretty busy June and July. I've calculated that the roughly 20 nights coming up will give me another 8050 status points.

That means that by early August I should be at approx 22,000 points.

So with all going well (and not knowing what trips lie in store beyond August - though there will certainly be a couple of nights end of year), I'm crossing fingers that I'll hit diamond.
Goldorak, Dav77 and EcotoneHR like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I guess next year @gilbertaue could give us review about ebing a "diamond guest" and whether his personal giraffe is being towed
Old May 31, 2019, 12:19 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I guess next year @gilbertaue could give us review about ebing a "diamond guest" and whether his personal giraffe is being towed
I'll take as many pictures of the TWO apples I get, as often as I can.
Hard work taking pictures of apples.
kaizen7 and Dav77 like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Dav77 writes:

"For the price the rooms cost I god damn expect them to be able to post some stupid points"

Can only agree. I have had to contact Accor after every stay this year to adjust the points earned. It is time consuming to have to submit your hotel invoice when this information should be in the system. The web page from where the submission has to be made does not appear to even produce any acknowledgement that an inquiry has been lodged.
Old May 31, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
This is where I'm at.

We will have a pretty busy June and July. I've calculated that the roughly 20 nights coming up will give me another 8050 status points.

That means that by early August I should be at approx 22,000 points.

So with all going well (and not knowing what trips lie in store beyond August - though there will certainly be a couple of nights end of year), I'm crossing fingers that I'll hit diamond.
me only travelling in south east asia, very diffucult to reach 26k status point, unless i travel more to europe.

gilbertaue and Dav77 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:37 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Dav77
normally not every si file stay. Only sometimes

considering you are entitled to receive lot of points, better to write both to the hotel and Accor CC, including copy of your invoice
Sorry if it's off topic, but you guys here surely will be able to help me out, because I'm kinda freaking out a little here right now.

I've contacted the hotel directly and they checked back with LeClub Customer Service and came back to me with the follwoing reason as of why my points haven't posted:

The reason why you couldn’t receive your points during the period of 18th April to the 26th at the Fairmont ,is that your stay was not eligible because the booking was made through a travel agency.
While it is correct that I had my Travel Agent book the stay, up until now I've never had problems with the points posting: Although I always had to contact them to get the points posted retroactively. I'm pretty sure that the no ponits rule applied to OTAs and those holidays package agencies and not to every TA that then booked with them? I even remember how it took a few more days for my TA to book the room since the Fairmont didn't have availability and had to release some. (apparently no rooms were free, but they still had some which they just had to share through their system somehow? not sure how this all works, that's why I have a TA for this in the first place.)

Can somebody please confirm that I am eligable for the points? Because while I generally dislike this program (stuff like this never happened in old Fairmont one), I'd still hate to miss out on over 7000 points and connected to it gold status. How would you guys proceed in this case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sorry if it's off topic, but you guys here surely will be able to help me out, because I'm kinda freaking out a little here right now.

I've contacted the hotel directly and they checked back with LeClub Customer Service and came back to me with the follwoing reason as of why my points haven't posted:

While it is correct that I had my Travel Agent book the stay, up until now I've never had problems with the points posting: Although I always had to contact them to get the points posted retroactively. I'm pretty sure that the no ponits rule applied to OTAs and those holidays package agencies and not to every TA that then booked with them? I even remember how it took a few more days for my TA to book the room since the Fairmont didn't have availability and had to release some. (apparently no rooms were free, but they still had some which they just had to share through their system somehow? not sure how this all works, that's why I have a TA for this in the first place.)

Can somebody please confirm that I am eligable for the points? Because while I generally dislike this program (stuff like this never happened in old Fairmont one), I'd still hate to miss out on over 7000 points and connected to it gold status. How would you guys proceed in this case?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers
If the TA booked a public fare, it should be fine. But if they booked a consolidator fare or any OTA fare, you're screwed.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If the TA booked a public fare, it should be fine. But if they booked a consolidator fare or any OTA fare, you're screwed.
How do I tell if it's a public fare or one of the other?

This really sucks.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
How do I tell if it's a public fare or one of the other?

This really sucks.
only your TA knows at that point.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Points still not posted. Going to write the hotel directly next. Do I have to do this every single stay now?!?!? For the price the rooms cost I god damn expect them to be able to post some stupid points. Ugh. It's pissing me off.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I've always book with the same TA and I guess he always booked those non-point fares, which during FPC were not at all problematic since they were recognized as well. I wasn't even aware there was a difference up until now tbh. As for since the LeCLub time I think this might be the reason why I never received the points automatically but always had to contact the Hotel / Support to get them to post. I guess in those cases I and my family were lucky as they didn't realize it was a non eligable fare?
I find it rather annoying that you can spend several thousand $ with them and all of a sudden they merge your program, downgrade your benefits and even stop honoring your loyality/giving benefits at all.
I know I'm putting this a little extreme here, but this is exactly how I feel.

I have now written an answer to the Hotel's response and I guess this will determine if I will continue to use AccorHotels or have my account closed and never set foot in any Accor property again (except maybe my favorite Fairmont). What benefit is there if I don't receive any points for my stays? This will probably also determine if I will stay at the Raffles or Fairmont in Singpore and another Accor Property in Hong Kong next September or if I will check out the Four Seasons instead.

I will report back on how things went.

Once again, sorry for being so OT.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I've always book with the same TA and I guess he always booked those non-point fares, which during FPC were not at all problematic since they were recognized as well. I wasn't even aware there was a difference up until now tbh. As for since the LeCLub time I think this might be the reason why I never received the points automatically but always had to contact the Hotel / Support to get them to post. I guess in those cases I and my family were lucky as they didn't realize it was a non eligable fare?
I find it rather annoying that you can spend several thousand $ with them and all of a sudden they merge your program, downgrade your benefits and even stop honoring your loyality/giving benefits at all.
I know I'm putting this a little extreme here, but this is exactly how I feel.

I have now written an answer to the Hotel's response and I guess this will determine if I will continue to use AccorHotels or have my account closed and never set foot in any Accor property again (except maybe my favorite Fairmont). What benefit is there if I don't receive any points for my stays? This will probably also determine if I will stay at the Raffles or Fairmont in Singpore and another Accor Property in Hong Kong next September or if I will check out the Four Seasons instead.

I will report back on how things went.

Once again, sorry for being so OT.
Don't give up at that stage but please do investigate further. You may be fully eligible to points earning, who knows ?
Keep in mind that the non eligibility to the program for OTA bookings is not unique to Accor. It exists for most programs. It is to encourage people to book direct and not using OTA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.