2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 7:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Your current status:
Status platinum
You're this close to a status upgrade :
11 435 / 14 000 Status points or 29 / 60 nightsEasily will qualify by October. Anything beyond that point I will likely burn points.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Getting closer
Points Status:10 939 / 14 000 or Nights:51 / 60
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: All Diamond
Points Status: 12 811 / 14 000 or Nights: 60 / 60 so all done and dusted for this year ^
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:24 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Eight months gone and Platinum status renewed, rather neatly:

Still on target for around 22,000 points at year end -- and still not seeing any reason to aim for 26,000. Silly Accor.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Done.

IMH, Goldorak, nrouxel and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Done.

Weldone !
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
11.734 points / 33 nights.

I will reconfirm platinum, thanks to the Boost promo and a need to have some more points for a reward stay in December

my target for next year will be 0 nights 😃
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Platinum here.
Points Status: 5 467 / 14 000 or Nights: 63 / 63

First year I target my hotels to have status in one chain
I find Accor to have very weak status privileges. One drink per stay and basically absolutely nothing else (don't need early check in or late check out)

No experience with other chains, so maybe it's just that hotel perks are much lower than frequent flyer ones.
gilbertaue and Firsttime4me2 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Done.

Congratulations my friend ^
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
Platinum here.
Points Status: 5 467 / 14 000 or Nights: 63 / 63

First year I target my hotels to have status in one chain
I find Accor to have very weak status privileges. One drink per stay and basically absolutely nothing else (don't need early check in or late check out)

No experience with other chains, so maybe it's just that hotel perks are much lower than frequent flyer ones.
It may sound like you are Silver member currently? Also noticed the number of status points is low relative to the number of nights.
So I apologise if my assumption is incorrect but it seems you may be using Ibis's or Mercures mostly?

Again assuming this is correct. This situation would mean you won't get much. Once you reach gold level you will find that the odd room upgrade will be given assuming the Ibis has more than 1 room type also it becomes possible you
might get a more personal welcome note and a welcome gift. Many members here do not really expect much from Ibis hotels so any welcome gift is definately unexpected.

On the other hand my last stay at the Sofitel Chengdu I didn't get a welcome gift which was a bit suprising however overal the treatment was good. You expect more personalised treatment the higher up in the luxury chain with the added attention for being a gold or plat member.
gilbertaue and SullyofDoha like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by tris06
It may sound like you are Silver member currently? Also noticed the number of status points is low relative to the number of nights.
So I apologise if my assumption is incorrect but it seems you may be using Ibis's or Mercures mostly?

Again assuming this is correct. This situation would mean you won't get much. Once you reach gold level you will find that the odd room upgrade will be given assuming the Ibis has more than 1 room type also it becomes possible you
might get a more personal welcome note and a welcome gift. Many members here do not really expect much from Ibis hotels so any welcome gift is definately unexpected.

On the other hand my last stay at the Sofitel Chengdu I didn't get a welcome gift which was a bit suprising however overal the treatment was good. You expect more personalised treatment the higher up in the luxury chain with the added attention for being a gold or plat member.
I am Platinum (because of nights). Have been gold since ~april.

I am in Brazil very much lately and staying Ibis Styles (not many options). In Europe (20% of nights) it's Mercure or Novotel
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by theBeachBoy
I am Platinum (because of nights). Have been gold since ~april.

I am in Brazil very much lately and staying Ibis Styles (not many options). In Europe (20% of nights) it's Mercure or Novotel
Maybe take a vacation in Asia. The hotels are usually top notch and many have executive club floors. It can make a big difference!!
theBeachBoy likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Maybe take a vacation in Asia. The hotels are usually top notch and many have executive club floors. It can make a big difference!!
That's my goal, earn with company paid low-tier hotels and try to get upgrades for personal vacation travel.

Under company policy I cannot stay at high end hotels
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:14 am

At this rate only another 115 nights or so to get to Diamond. I better not make too many overnight flights

Since 2019-01-01,
you have accumulated :12 394/14 000 Status points
103/103 nights
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Platinum is secured since early August. I have several stays booked until end of the year which should bring me close to Diamond but not at Diamond level. It will depend on the spending on incidentals at hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.