Wiki Posts
Search

2019 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:36 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Diamond challenge completed.

Goldorak, tris06, sycokid and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum, Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Diamond challenge completed.
Congratulations! Looking forward to reading about your future stays as a diamond member
wkndtraveler likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Missing ca. 2300 status points to remain Platinum. So, most probably it's not gonna happen, as I have no bookings in December.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I still have several stays in December which should make me Diamond
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
app has been updated, and rewards are showing for 5 SNU, but status has not changed - still platypus.

I thought +26,000 status points in 2019 gets you a shiny diamond 2020?

And from what i can see, not much benefit from new level?

weekend breakfast outside asia pacific (wow, talk about disappointing)
gift gold status (nil benefit to me)
additional SNUs? (wait and see how this works).

am i missing something?

d
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by ozmouse
app has been updated, and rewards are showing for 5 SNU, but status has not changed - still platypus.

I thought +26,000 status points in 2019 gets you a shiny diamond 2020?
It will. In 28 more days. It's still 2019.

weekend breakfast outside asia pacific (wow, talk about disappointing)
gift gold status (nil benefit to me)
additional SNUs? (wait and see how this works).

am i missing something?

d
Sadly, no. You're not missing anything. Diamond basically offers nothing particularly important beyond Platinum.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:09 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
[...]
am i missing something?
No, based on everything we've heard so far. Diamond's best feature might be persuading other hotel chains to offer top-tier status matches.

Unless of course hotels start holding back their better room upgrades for Diamond members and effectively devalue Platinum.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:30 pm

So I honestly haven't paid attention at all to this ALL conversion. I've been Accor Platinum for many years now, and have just taken it for granted that I have it. However, I was looking into it today, and it looks like I am going to finish the year with just over 25k points, but because I've a lucrative stay over the NYE holidays, I could try and break that up and do a little mattress-run and I'll definitely move over the 26k mark. But from what I'm reading, I guess it's not worth it bothering to shoot for Diamond?

I'm game to do it because I'm landing so very close to the threshold. However, I doubt my wife and kids would appreciate turning our NYE holiday into a mini-mattress run. What would you do?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:45 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Do it, and gift your wife gold status .perhaps she would see the funny side of it, Each to their own though.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco
So I honestly haven't paid attention at all to this ALL conversion. I've been Accor Platinum for many years now, and have just taken it for granted that I have it. However, I was looking into it today, and it looks like I am going to finish the year with just over 25k points, but because I've a lucrative stay over the NYE holidays, I could try and break that up and do a little mattress-run and I'll definitely move over the 26k mark. But from what I'm reading, I guess it's not worth it bothering to shoot for Diamond?

I'm game to do it because I'm landing so very close to the threshold. However, I doubt my wife and kids would appreciate turning our NYE holiday into a mini-mattress run. What would you do?
If you are so close, just reach it.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
14.155 points ...just enaugh

2 night suite upgrade hopefully to be used at raffles Dubai (if allowed) on next April
tris06 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,

Well this sucks. I had carefully planned to spend enough during my last stay (including extra meals at the hotel), but apparently the currency conversion they use for status points is about 5% less than the official exchange rate on the day I checked out and my credit card was charged. I haven't checked previous currency conversions before, is this typical of Accor? I don't have any more possible stays before the end of the month.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
What unlucky situation ...

I think you could have any chance getting in touch with Accor CC asking to force the system giving you platinum re confirmation

or perhaps asking the last hotel to charge you another 5/10€ ?

or just having a lunch or dinner at any hotel asking to charge the points
Goldorak and tris06 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by FlytheTail

Well this sucks. I had carefully planned to spend enough during my last stay (including extra meals at the hotel), but apparently the currency conversion they use for status points is about 5% less than the official exchange rate on the day I checked out and my credit card was charged. I haven't checked previous currency conversions before, is this typical of Accor? I don't have any more possible stays before the end of the month.
WOW, I hope you are close enough to a property that you can check in for a night. Would be terrible to miss out on platinum over 2 points!!!!! Yikes!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Sitting at 70 nights and still have another 17 check-ins before the end of the year.
Dav77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.