Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience.

The Le Club Accorhotels customer service has informed me about this issue. Due to the partnership's recent renewal between the Le Club Accorhotels and the Iberia Plus loyalty programmes, the transfers of points is momentarily unavailable.

This situation is just temporary and should be fixed very shortly. On behalf of the Le Club Accorhotels customer service, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

All the best,

Nathan
^

Hopefully no changes except temporarily unavailable then@:-)
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:41 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid
^

Hopefully no changes except temporarily unavailable then@:-)
fingers crossed
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond
Don't put your hopes up too high, this is Accor after all. Even if it will come back, I doubt it will be the same ratio as previously.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Volpotor
Don't put your hopes up too high, this is Accor after all. Even if it will come back, I doubt it will be the same ratio as previously.
The exchage rate to IB is the main reason why I moved my business to Accor. If it changes, I'll move back again to Hilton.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:25 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Data point: 7 to 8 January: single night Sofitel stay. 9 January: points showed in Le Club account. 10 January: email received confirming automatic transfer to IB at the familiar rate; points removed from Le Club account.

I will post again if for some reason the Avios don't arrive as usual.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:02 am

Programs: TK *G,
Originally Posted by IMH
Data point: 7 to 8 January: single night Sofitel stay. 9 January: points showed in Le Club account. 10 January: email received confirming automatic transfer to IB at the familiar rate; points removed from Le Club account.

I'm very curious whether it works or not! ^
Old Jan 29, 2013, 5:44 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by IMH
They didn't, as reported here.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:44 am
yts

Hi,

I've got a fairly large amount of points on my Accorhotel Le Club card and I would like to know if I transfer points to an airline program it makes me eligible for a frequent flyer status ?

Thanks for the answer,

yts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:21 am
IMH

Welcome to FlyerTalk, yts! The short answer to your question is no. Miles generated by transferring hotel points to frequent flyer programmes are "award miles" (or Avios) that can be redeemed (e.g. for flights), but they do not count towards status.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:38 am
yts

Thank you very much for your answer !

yts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by IMH
Welcome to FlyerTalk, yts! The short answer to your question is no. Miles generated by transferring hotel points to frequent flyer programmes are "award miles" (or Avios) that can be redeemed (e.g. for flights), but they do not count towards status.
Exceptions like they used to count for lifetime status on AA. But normally no as in never for regular status.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Automatic Conversion to BA Executive Club - Threshold?

Hi,

I have activated automatic conversion of my points into air miles (BA). At the call centre, they claim that I need to earn at least 4000 points before the automatic conversion is activated. However, this is very different from what you own website says at this link: http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...onditions.html

They said that I should make a written complaint that would then be passed on to management, but I don't understand why I should do this when clearly the website states: "Automatic transfer, with no minimum amount, is activated as soon as the member has earned at least 2 Le Club Accorhotels points for a stay at one of the Accor hotels participating in the program."

Can you help me with this?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 2:59 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
What you see online is probably wrong, there has always been a threshold.
However, you can save yourself the hassle of calling and try this trick, which bypasses the threshold.
By the way, you'll get more Avios if you transfer from Le Club to Iberia plus and then via Combine my Avios to BA (subject to usual conditions of course). And if you do it today, you can probably get even more, the rate changes from 1st March.
Oh, and, welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks neuromancer, just done it!

So tomorrow morning I should see my points transferred to the executive club?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Tomorrow they'll be removed from Le Club and will post to Executive club in several days, not sure as I've always done the transfer to Iberia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.