Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALL points to Airline miles - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
May I just point out that the Miles & More January/February promo (giving 1500 miles instead of 500 for Accor stays) has been an absolute mess. I've had five stays with Accor, all of varying length, and the miles have failed to post consistently every single time.

Normally, miles are credited at 1/2 of the Accor points, but with a minimum of 500. Instead of changing the minimum to 1500 for the duration of the promotion, the stays posted a 2000 points bonus, so that the user gets 1000 more miles. However, this has effectively negated the 500 miles minimum, so if you would get 400 points, instead of the 500-mile minimum kicking in, you'd get the 2000 points bonus, resulting in 2400 points / 2 = 1200 miles. This has happened every single time. Of course, the Miles & More retrocredit takes ages to complete (I reported the first stay 45 days ago and still no reply), so it's a bloody mess. Very sloppy performance on both Accor's and M&M's part!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: A3*, A-Club PLT, AA PLT, Hilton PLT, Avis PLT, AR PLT
converted a club points to partner

Hi

I want to converted my points to partner (airline).
Someone know if it 1:1 point for every partner?
Example:
1400 point a club converted to m&b/avios 1400 point ? more or less?

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:33 am

Programs: A3*, A-Club PLT, AA PLT, Hilton PLT, Avis PLT, AR PLT
Hi everyone.

I just found that it is 1:1 convert point.
But they transferring point when you have 4000 points.

Thanks anyway

Mods you can lock this thread
Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:59 am

I am confused as to the BAEC Avios exchange rate to Le Club points. I have just had an email saying 1200 points has been automatically converted but to only 600 Avios. The BA website says to expect 1 to 1 except for Ibis and All Seasons hotels, which are 1 Avio to every 2 Euro. I stayed at a Mercure.

Looking at a General T&C page of Accor it says the same 1 Avio to every 2 Euro but I am sure it was previously confirmed after March 1st at 1 to 1 for both BA and Iberia.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub...onditions.html

Has something changed again at Accor or am I going a little crazy?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Obruni Boy
I am confused as to the BAEC Avios exchange rate to Le Club points. I have just had an email saying 1200 points has been automatically converted but to only 600 Avios. The BA website says to expect 1 to 1 except for Ibis and All Seasons hotels, which are 1 Avio to every 2 Euro. I stayed at a Mercure.
The ratio for BA miles is 2 accor points for 1 avios, as confirmed here.
The BA website is correct too since it says 1 Avios for each Euro at Sofitel, etc... Since 1 euro at Sofitel = 2 accor points, there is no error:

Sofitel, etc...: 1 Euro = 2 Accor points = 1 BA Avios.
Ibis, etc...: 2 Euros = 2 Accor points = 1 BA Avios.

Looking at a General T&C page of Accor it says the same 1 Avio to every 2 Euro but I am sure it was previously confirmed after March 1st at 1 to 1 for both BA and Iberia.
1-1 exchange rate is Iberia only. You are still better off at present to exchange your Accor points to Iberia rather than BA even though it is not quite as good as it used to be before March. That said, with the possibility of using vouchers on prepaid rates now, using them at accor properties will normally be much better value than conversion to airline miles.

Last edited by NickB; Mar 16, 2013 at 9:47 am
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:07 am

Thanks very much for clearing that up. I will shift back to Iberia Avios as soon as the triple mile promotion (which posted correctly) finishes at the end of March.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Converting Accor Points To BAEC

Hi,

I stayed at an Accor hotel last August, earning around 1200 Accor points. My intention all along was to earn BAEC Avios for the stay. I was a member of both Accor Le Club and BAEC before my stay but didn't set my Le Club account up to autoconvert to BAEC (as I didn't realise it was a requirement at the time).

Upon check-in I gave my BAEC card to the receptionist as I assumed my BAEC account could be credited directly. The receptionsist took it and did something with it. Nothing credited in my BAEC account. I called Accor's Le Club customer service centre and, after sending my hotel receipt, they credited the miles to my Accor account. I was disappointed that the hotel staff didn't tell me I could accrue points to BAEC directly and wondered what he did with my BAEC card...

The Le Club staff were unsympathetic to this and told me the only way I can transfer the points is to earn more to take it up to the 4000 point minimum required for manual conversion (not going to happen as I rarely, if ever, use Accor hotels) or ask BA to give me a URL that enables manual conversion of any amount. When I contact BAEC they don't seem to know of any such URL.

Long shot, but has anyone had experience of getting such a link from an Accor partner and should I push Le Club more to enable this conversion?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 3:29 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
didn't set my Le Club account up to autoconvert
I haven't tried this for a while but it looks as though it could still work:

http://s-leclub.accorhotels.com/burn...ecutive%20Club

(Originally posted by Sandgrounder here.)
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You'll get 2x more Avios if you convert to Iberia Plus and then use Combine My Avios to transfer to BAEC (the usual restrictions apply here - 90 days old IB+, beware with a household account etc.).
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Thanks all. Just used the link to transfer to Iberia. Accor account debited, no sign of Avios in Iberia yet but I guess that could take a few days. Fingers crossed and thanks for helping me where BAEC and Le Club couldn't (even though they're paid for customer service).
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:44 am

1236 Avios in Iberia Plus account!
Old May 3, 2013, 7:49 am
KRS

I have ended up with 3 different Le Club Accounts, one of which I have set up to transfer to Iberia.

The other 2 (old)accounts have a few hundred points in them. Can I set up automatic transfer for these to the same Iberia account without issues?
Old May 3, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Yes, you can. Just make sure when entering the number and account name of the destination that they are correct.
I'd do it one after the other though, not the 2 accounts at the same time.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT MM, BA, UA, AC
Earning BA Avios with Le Club.

I have approximately 400 points that will expire next month. I had signed up with Le Club and understood that after each stay my miles would be credited to my BA account. I contacted Le Club and I'm told I need 2,000 points to transfer to my BA account. Is there anyway to set up the account so that I am credited with Avios after each stay? Is there anything I can do with the 400 points I have?

Thanks.

Edited to add........Mods, thanks for moving this post to this thread. I found the answer I was looking for. Have set up for the miles to transfer to Avios, hopefully the miles will be transferred before they expire.

Last edited by startpacking; Oct 17, 2013 at 11:33 pm
Old Oct 18, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum
Originally Posted by startpacking
I have approximately 400 points that will expire next month. I had signed up with Le Club and understood that after each stay my miles would be credited to my BA account. I contacted Le Club and I'm told I need 2,000 points to transfer to my BA account. Is there anyway to set up the account so that I am credited with Avios after each stay? Is there anything I can do with the 400 points I have?

Thanks.

Edited to add........Mods, thanks for moving this post to this thread. I found the answer I was looking for. Have set up for the miles to transfer to Avios, hopefully the miles will be transferred before they expire.

you can request a new le club card, and merge the accounts together. so then your points will still valid for the coming year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.