Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
When is this hotel opening?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Info isn't clear although I read in a thread somewhere Mid-Oct could be the opening time. Plus someone I know says this is its opening period but without a specific date! I guess the Oct Golden Week hol / 60th CPC celebrations will prevent an earlier opening.
Speculation huh!

Incidently I noticed I could make room reservations online through the website from around mid-November whilst there were no rooms available earlier than that.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:23 pm

I have 2 reservations for mid December, but the website now says that the hotel is not due to open until January 2010?

No one has contacted me yet so, I am still hopefull that they will be able to accomodate us.

Also, the Peninsula had a really good deal on about a month ago which is no longer available, so I hope the Fairmont will not let me down.

I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Maxfinder
I have 2 reservations for mid December, but the website now says that the hotel is not due to open until January 2010?

No one has contacted me yet so, I am still hopefull that they will be able to accomodate us.

Also, the Peninsula had a really good deal on about a month ago which is no longer available, so I hope the Fairmont will not let me down.

I am keeping my fingers crossed!
You're best contacting them to see if your booking is ok. I can't get any bookings for mid Nov/Dec now.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 2:00 pm

They are also transferring reservations over to the Swissotel - if they do you will get an email with a new confirmation#, rate, etc. You need to confirm if you want to accept the reservation.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:42 pm

Hmm Swissotel,

I was expecting Raffles maybe... has anyone stayed at the Swissotel?

I am still hoping that they will be able to open by mid December.

Last edited by Maxfinder; Sep 22, 2009 at 12:50 pm
Old Sep 22, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Just called Fairmont. I want to book a night in May, using my free room and suite upgrade certificates. But their computer is screwed up only allowing new bookings between Jan 1 and Mar 31. So they need to get back to me.

Asked them exactly when Fairmont Beijing will be opened. She said Nov 15. But I don't really believe her because the date has been postponed many times. She was very confident that it will open on Nov 15 though. FWIW.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:02 am

It's clear!!!

Email just received...

Thank you for your e-mail. We are very pleased that you have considered our newest hotel, Fairmont Beijing for your up coming trip to China. Unfortunately, the hotel opening is slightly delayed as it is not quite as we would like just yet. We are just awaiting confirmation of our new opening date and will advise you as soon as we have this information. In the meantime, our brand website will only show availability by the 1st of January 2010.

We apologize on behalf of our construction partner and Fairmont Beijing for the delay in opening our wonderful new hotel, which you can at least see in images on our web site at www.fairmont.com/beijing

Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact our reservation team at [email protected]
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
The fact that they only allow bookings to be made between Jan 1 and Mar 31 indicates that even Jan 1 might not be a firm date of opening! I would wait till it formally opened before making any bookings.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:59 pm

I received the email for our bookings in December. They have offered us Raffles at the same rate & benefits. Plus the option to switch back to the Fairmont if it is open. They also offered a tour of the Fairmont if it is not open.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:23 pm

Well, we stayed for 3 days in December during the soft opening. We were very impressed!

We had a room and adjoining suite on the gold floor. The gold floor lounge and spa are not yet open to the public. In fact only a few rooms were open when we checked in. I do not think I saw any other guests during our stay. Plenty of staff though. A little bit weird staying in a hotel by yourself, but weird in a good way.

I was impressed by the room, and the suite was spectacular. The heated marble floor was very comforting. The automatic toilet in the suite was state of the art. The toilet in the room had bidet options, heated seat, dryer, power deodorizer etc. but it was not as nice as the one in the suite.

We booked airport pick up and were met at the gate, used a special line at customs and were whisked to the hotel, where we were met by a considerable number of staff members each of which addressed us by name.
I highly recommend this option!

The staff in general spoke fairly good English, and even remembered our kids names throughout our stay. I guess it should be pretty easy if you are one of the only guests in the hotel, but still I think it shows good training.

The staff also shared information, if you told a bellhop that you visited the Great wall, a busboy in the restaurant the next day would ask you if you enjoyed it.

This should bode well for them if they can keep it up.

Given the newness of the hotel, I was not expecting the service to be perfect, the airport pick up was certainly close to it. There were a few hiccups with some other areas but the staff have great attitudes and clearly were trying their best. This goes a long way with me as I have been in hotels where the staff clearly did not care. I am sure that by the time the hotel is ready to officially open that these minor issues will be ironed out.

I would not hesitate to stay their again!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: Airline: AC, BR; Hotel: Fairmont
May I ask how you booked the airport pickup? I assume it was booked with a cost?

Originally Posted by Maxfinder
Well, we stayed for 3 days in December during the soft opening. We were very impressed!
We booked airport pick up and were met at the gate, used a special line at customs and were whisked to the hotel, where we were met by a considerable number of staff members each of which addressed us by name.
I highly recommend this option!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by asj.alt
May I ask how you booked the airport pickup? I assume it was booked with a cost?
I would also like to know about the airport pickup at my arrival gate! ^
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:09 pm

I booked the pick up through the hotel concierge. Yes there was a fee. 1000 RMB for a Mercedes Viano or 900 RMB for a BMW, I think there was a 600 RMB option for a car. There were 4 of us, so we went with the Viano. It was brand new and pretty comfortable. An english speaking hostess accompanied us... not necessary at all, but a nice touch. I was able to book the charge to my room, so I did not have to worry about having Chinese currency right away.

Incidently, the hotel will let you exchange $200 US per person per day into Yuan. I think the rate was at least as good as at the bank and they did not charge us a fee. There is a bank machine in the hotel, but was not yet functioning, also there is a bank machine right across the street if you run out.

Most of the time we used limo's in Beijing, it wasn't cheap, certainly a taxi would be a lot less. Taxi's in Beijing are comparatively inexpensive. We only used a taxi to go to the Forbidden City and back, but it was very cheap. The concierge gave us a card to give to the driver on the way back. We did not book the limo's or our excursions through the hotel as they were quite a bit more than what we could arrange on our own.

Knowing all of this I would still book the airport pick up service with the hotel. I would even pay more than 1000 RMB, but don't tell them! After spending 15 hours to get there, I wanted the quickest/smoothest way to the hotel and that was certainly it!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: Airline: AC, BR; Hotel: Fairmont
Thumbs up Fairmont Beijing

I have recently stayed at the Fairmont Beijing property and consider it to be the best hotel stay ever (for me).

I had the Signature Suite using both their opening package (stay 2 nights and pay 1) and my FPC suite upgrade certificate.

Not only was the suite one of the best hotel room (suite) ever incl. heated floor, the fancy toilets which were also heated, the unique decor and the attention to details, the service I received from all staff were simply amazing and personable.

On top of it all, the location is also quite convenient (close to the Yonganli subway station and the Silk Market). And by the way, their restaurant, Lunar 8, also has a fantasic Peking Duck that was so tasty without being fatty or greasy.

Highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Beijing!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.