Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
hotel concierge recommends Metro

Originally Posted by moondog
Unless the traffic is really bad, I would use a taxi:

-AEX transfer to Line 10 isn't fun
-Line 10 can be insanely crowded
-After you emerge, you're looking at a 10 minute walk (don't even think about switching to Line 1 in order to use Yong'anli instead of Guomao; you might shave 5 minutes off of the walk, but that transfer is a real beast)
I made the return trip to PEK via the Metro, and it was much faster and predictable than via taxi. My taxi ride into the Fairmont was in traffic gridlock & took over an hour (Saturday!). The rtn. via Yonganli took 40 minutes and I got a seat on the metro. I guess its each to our own.......

The neat thing was the hotel concierge knew the route and recommended it over a taxi!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
I have a 2 nights stay in Deluxe Room at Fairmont Beijing in July. If I use my Complimentary Room Upgrade certificate, any idea to which room category it will get upgraded? Any chance to get access to the lounge?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 7:56 am

My request for upgrade at Fairmont Beijing got rejected "Regretfully, this hotel does not accept the Presidents Club upgrade certificates."
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by elephentravels
My request for upgrade at Fairmont Beijing got rejected "Regretfully, this hotel does not accept the Presidents Club upgrade certificates."
That's nonsense. Call FPC to have your certs applied. As long as the required room category is available and your dates aren't blacked out, I don't see why you couldn't use your certs.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
That's nonsense. Call FPC to have your certs applied. As long as the required room category is available and your dates aren't blacked out, I don't see why you couldn't use your certs.
Received a suite upgrade certificate from FPC guest services, after pointing out that it was not on the non-eligible list:

Thank you for reaching out to us.

It appears our Terms and Conditions have yet to be updated with this information, therefore, we have taken the liberty of exchanging your Room Upgrade with a Suite Upgrade certificate.
To view this certificate please log into your online account and select the "My Certificates" link.
We have also copied our reservations team who can assist with your reservation needs.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:16 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
FYI just upgraded from deluxe room (on a pretty sweet Fairmont Moments rate) to Signature Suite via FPC email desk (they are always spot on) using a cert with no problem. This is for a 5 night stay in 2 weeks. Thanks elephentravels for smoothing out the wrinkles

Looking forwards to my stay here, read a lot of nice things about the hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
FYI just upgraded from deluxe room (on a pretty sweet Fairmont Moments rate) to Signature Suite via FPC email desk (they are always spot on) using a cert with no problem. This is for a 5 night stay in 2 weeks. Thanks elephentravels for smoothing out the wrinkles

Looking forwards to my stay here, read a lot of nice things about the hotel.
Did you use a room or suite upgrade cert?

I was also upgraded to a Signature Suite.

Let me know how it goes. Any idea if we'll get access to the gold lounge? I'll be staying there from 15-17 July!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:27 pm

Suite upgrade from deluxe room. Have never had access to gold lounge with regular suite so not expecting that. Checking out in the 13th...
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Which suites do they upgrade to at this hotel?

Also, are we still allowed to apply Suite Upgrade certs to rooms booked from OTAs like booking.com?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by lsed
Which suites do they upgrade to at this hotel?
Are you serious? Look at the three posts directly above yours!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Apologies for that, I actually read a few pages before, not sure how I missed the few posts above.
Anyways decided to try out the Peninsula due to the location and newly refurbished suites.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
How does this hotel compare to the Rosewood or Four seasons? Fell in love with Fairmont after staying at the Pacific rim in Vancouver.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 4:42 am

Email Fairmont Beijing?

I'm looking at booking 2 rooms ( 1 Double/Twin & 1 Single) but online availability says nothing available for double even though I can find rooms with 1 King bed when I search for rooms for 1 pax. I was thinking of booking a room with the King Bed for 2 pax but unsure if there'd be a extra guest supplement (The room rates details states extra $ for a rollaway or crib).

Anyone has any idea how I can contact the hotel via email? Have not been able to find it and the contact form is quite short lol
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Silverelf
I'm looking at booking 2 rooms ( 1 Double/Twin & 1 Single) but online availability says nothing available for double even though I can find rooms with 1 King bed when I search for rooms for 1 pax. I was thinking of booking a room with the King Bed for 2 pax but unsure if there'd be a extra guest supplement (The room rates details states extra $ for a rollaway or crib).

Anyone has any idea how I can contact the hotel via email? Have not been able to find it and the contact form is quite short lol
Unfortunately not a property I'm overly familiar with, but contacting the hotel directly would indeed be the best option ([email protected]).
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Unfortunately not a property I'm overly familiar with, but contacting the hotel directly would indeed be the best option ([email protected]).
Thank you!! Just the information I needed!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.