Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fai...2-02-13-200310

BEIJING, Feb 13, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- TripAdvisor, the world's most popular hotel review site, has released its 2012 Traveler's Choice Awards. In its list of the Top 25 Hotels in China, the Fairmont Beijing hotel earned the No.1 spot.

Guest reviews of the Fairmont Beijing hotel were almost universally glowing, a rarity for TripAdvisor, a site that is often used as a communication platform for dissatisfied travelers. One guest wrote that Fairmont Beijing embodies "True Fairmont quality," offering "the best service ever," while another noted that the room was "everything one could wish for [and] extremely lavish."

"It's extremely gratifying to be recognized in TripAdvisor's Traveler's Choice Awards," said Hans Hordijk, Fairmont Beijing General Manager. "This award has particular significance since it's based on our guests' reviews."

This is only the latest of this luxury Beijing hotel's recent accolades, including being named to Conde Nast's Hot List, being included on DestinAsian's Luxe List, and being awarded the Best Executive Lounge in China by Travel & Leisure for its Fairmont Gold Lounge.

The Fairmont Beijing hotel offers 222 luxury guest rooms and suites, four restaurants and lounges, Willow Stream Spa, indoor swimming pool, a fitness center and yoga studio.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: meh
They were *very* proud of this when I was there. There was a plaque hanging in the lobby and mention of it in the welcome letter/card that I received in the room. The place certainly ranks as the best Fairmont that I've stayed at.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have a stay booked in May using one of my free night coupons, plus a suite upgrade coupon. Based on these reviews, I am very much looking forward to this stay.

Has anyone ever received complimentary access to the Gold Lounge when booked into a suite?
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
I was booked into a Gold Suite but found they were most accommodating when I e-mailed the hotel in advance as I got upgraded yet another level. Keep an eye out for third night free promos as well (if you are staying that long)... I think an e-mail just prior to arrival could get you the lounge access.

Great Gold lounge and beautiful suites...huge with a bathroom and closet larger than most condos...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: FB Plat, BA Gold, Asiana *Gold
Gold lounge Fairmont Beijing

I thought the gold lounge was not quite up to standard compared to for example Singapore or Boston. The lounge itself looks great, high ceilings, but not very cosy. Food choice is limited, people are very friendly. When i was there is was not very busy.

I had booked the cheapest room, stayed only for one night, but was offered an upgrade, but not to Gold level, that cost 40USD extra.

The rooms are huge and the hotel is beautiful and very quit, which is quite special in Beijing! The cheese and fruit platter they offered was great!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your comments. Still wondering if there is a chance of complimentary lounge access if booked into a suite (not on Gold floor).
Old Mar 8, 2013, 3:34 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thank you for your comments. Still wondering if there is a chance of complimentary lounge access if booked into a suite (not on Gold floor).
No, there is zero chance, unless you know an employee on staff who let's it slide, or you lie and give them a different room # and name.

Gold lounge is for gold guests.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: AC*SE
Suite or Gold?

Will be spending 4 nights there in April. Currently booked in a Deluxe King. When offered the e-upgrade choices I selected the paid upgrade to a Fairmont Gold King if available at check-in. Now that I have a new year's supply of certificates, should I use a suite certificate instead and forego lounge access?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by skyguy747
Will be spending 4 nights there in April. Currently booked in a Deluxe King. When offered the e-upgrade choices I selected the paid upgrade to a Fairmont Gold King if available at check-in. Now that I have a new year's supply of certificates, should I use a suite certificate instead and forego lounge access?
For 4 nights, I think I would do the suite upgrade. The suites are very spacious !
Old Mar 28, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Hello FT Friends.

I just got off the phone with reservations, not very helpful. Here is my situation.

3 of us will be traveling to Beijing for the weekend, and I was looking forward to using my platinum suite upgrade to get us into a suite. Even in a one bedroom suite I thought this would work fine with 1 on a pull out couch or rollaway bed.

Price for room $250 with upgrade to signature suite. That was fine, but when I added a 3rd person and a rollaway bed they want an extra $160 per night. $80 for extra person, $80 for rollaway bed.

This seems like a high amount.

Wondering if anyone has contact info for the manager or concierge of this hotel that I can contact directly?

Has anyone ever had luck with the hotel being creative, for instance using a suite upgrade to get an adjoining room instead of a suite?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be staying at this hotel in a few weeks. I am willing to pay CNY620 to get upgraded to Gold floor. I would like a room with 2 beds, and have also requested a suite upgrade with one of my coupons. I received the following email from the hotel.

So you prefer a Fairmont Gold Junior Suite (63sqm) which we have one that the beds can be seperated which you can enjoy gold benefits at extra payment of CNY620+15% and in the meantime, we will redeem only one complimentary certificate for you.

If you prefer a signature suite(86sqm) by using the suite upgrade certificate, we can either add and extra bed in room which cost you CNY500+15% on our gold floor or a suite on normal floor with access to Gold Lounge for Gold Benefits.
Am I better off with a Junior Suite on the Gold floor, or a Signature Suite on a normal floor with access to Gold Lounge?

TIA
Old May 7, 2013, 9:45 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

sig suite with access to gold floor sounds good to me...

Not sure how adding an extra bed to a Gold Suite would look/work. Might be tacky.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:46 pm

Just completed a stay here, best property I've stayed at in Beijing. Compared to my old favorite, the JW Marriott Beijing, this is heads and shoulders better especially if you need to stay near CBD and or don't mind using the subway to other destinations.
Apple Fu is a great concierge. Lounge is not quite up to Asia standards but I found the staff great.
Old May 19, 2013, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by igloocoder
Sitting in the Fairmont Beijing right now. It's a pretty nice hotel. Getting to it from the airport is easy. Grab the Airport Express to the last station, take Line 2 to the Jianguomen Station and take Line 1 to the Yonganli Station. Leave the station using door C. Turn right at the top of the stairs and walk down the street until you see the Fairmont on your left. It can be hard to see the signage until you're immediately across from the hotel. Trust me....I had to go back to the station and start over once this afternoon.
Very helpful! Thank you

There are 2 of us travelling and we arrive at 05:15. How much would a cab cost? (I saw the rates for the hotel cars, but I assume a cab would be cheaper.)
Old May 19, 2013, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Very helpful! Thank you

There are 2 of us travelling and we arrive at 05:15. How much would a cab cost? (I saw the rates for the hotel cars, but I assume a cab would be cheaper.)
y100

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.