Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
What is the dress code for the lounge? We are going to be staying here in July and my husband is quite fond of shorts in the summertime
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:05 pm

I'll be staying at the Fairmont for 6 nights in August. Got a tremendous rate of 1,133 Yuan / night. Obviously for that kind of price I don't get Gold Floor or breakfast or anything like that. I'm not a big eater at breakfast so it's not worth my while to pay for expensive buffets (especially US$40 that the Fairmont charges!). So is there a Starbucks or something similar nearby where you can get a muffin and coffee?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
What is the dress code for the lounge? We are going to be staying here in July and my husband is quite fond of shorts in the summertime
I can´t comment on the Fairmont Bejing in particular, but in general the dress code in the Gold lounge is "smart casual". I´d probably say most men would wear long pants and a colared shirt or at least a nice T-Shirt or nice poloshirt. I´ve seen a few guests wearing somewhat nicer shorts (think formal Bermuda shorts vs. "30 years old - perfect for mowing the lawn shorts"), but I´d say it´s definitely the minority.

Also, I´ve found the dress code in Asia to be somewhat more formal than in North America, so I´d at least pack a pair of long pants.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:28 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MilesDependent
I'll be staying at the Fairmont for 6 nights in August. Got a tremendous rate of 1,133 Yuan / night. Obviously for that kind of price I don't get Gold Floor or breakfast or anything like that. I'm not a big eater at breakfast so it's not worth my while to pay for expensive buffets (especially US$40 that the Fairmont charges!). So is there a Starbucks or something similar nearby where you can get a muffin and coffee?
There is a starbucks at the end of the block. 3 min walking.
http://goo.gl/maps/JTgzd
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
Fairmont Beijing--worth chancing an e-upgrade to a jr suite and gold level for 494 RMB/night? Are there other ways we might be upgraded? We are FPC, but haven't stayed at a Fairmont for several years.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC E50K, Fairmont Plat, NEXUS
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently?

Going to be in Beijing for 6 nights this coming March. Cheapest rate currently available is ~$1750USD total. Is this hotel worth staying at for the premium price? May also have a suite upgrade available to use.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Yyttraveler

Going to be in Beijing for 6 nights this coming March. Cheapest rate currently available is ~$1750USD total. Is this hotel worth staying at for the premium price? May also have a suite upgrade available to use.
If you can use your suite upgrade, I would say that it was very good value at under $USD 300 per night (~1750/6). We have stayed a few times in suites and have been very happy each time. At $300 per night for a regular room, there are other equally good options so it would be worth looking around in the event that you are not able to secure the upgrade.

Last edited by Maxfinder; Jan 12, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by Maxfinder
If you can use your suite upgrade, I would say that it was very good value at under $USD 300 per night (~1750/6). We have stayed a few times in suites and have been very happy each time. At $300 per night for a regular room, there are other equally good options so it would be worth looking around in the event that you are not able to secure the upgrade.
Perfect, thanks for the reply! Hopefully they have suite availability when I am looking to book. Any suggestions for dining (at hotel or nearby) ? Or must-dos in the area?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 11:34 am

Perfect, thanks for the reply! Hopefully they have suite availability when I am looking to book. Any suggestions for dining (at hotel or nearby) ? Or must-dos in the area?
In terms of restaurants. Last time we booked a private room at the Qianmen Quanjude as it was the only way for us to get a reservation, and we didn't feel like waiting in line. It cost a bit more, but we had about a multi multi course lunch. Seriously way more food than was necessary. We had invited our driver, and let him take home the leftovers, which I suspect fed his family for the week. I am not an expert on Peking duck, but the service and food were excellent, so I would recommend it. Quanjude is not walking distance so you will need a car to get there.

Also, the restaurants in the Fairmont are pretty decent.

Walking distance from the hotel is the silk market, which is worth a tour, especially if you like haggling.

Mostly we just do tourist stuff, forbidden city, which is pretty close, easy to get to by taxi or train. The Great wall, which you would need to book a car for etc.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:01 pm

5 night max on suite certs. Unless you want to burn another for the 6th night.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Maxfinder
In terms of restaurants. Last time we booked a private room at the Qianmen Quanjude as it was the only way for us to get a reservation, and we didn't feel like waiting in line. It cost a bit more, but we had about a multi multi course lunch. Seriously way more food than was necessary. We had invited our driver, and let him take home the leftovers, which I suspect fed his family for the week. I am not an expert on Peking duck, but the service and food were excellent, so I would recommend it. Quanjude is not walking distance so you will need a car to get there.

Also, the restaurants in the Fairmont are pretty decent.

Walking distance from the hotel is the silk market, which is worth a tour, especially if you like haggling.

Mostly we just do tourist stuff, forbidden city, which is pretty close, easy to get to by taxi or train. The Great wall, which you would need to book a car for etc.
Thank you kindly for the recommendations. Would definitely do the tourist stuff like forbidden city and The Great Wall. I also always love trying new restaurants!

Originally Posted by smokinmike
5 night max on suite certs. Unless you want to burn another for the 6th night.
Great pointer, thanks. I almost forgot about this!
Old Feb 6, 2015, 2:18 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Do Platinum guests using Suite Certs automatically gain access to Gold Lounge? Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Do Platinum guests using Suite Certs automatically gain access to Gold Lounge? Thanks.
Im not aware of any Fairmont where suite guests get free lounge access other than the Fairmont Singapore (and technically thar's not a Gold lounge)
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:38 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Im not aware of any Fairmont where suite guests get free lounge access other than the Fairmont Singapore (and technically thar's not a Gold lounge)
Mmmmm. Booking Gold Room & using Suite Cert would achieve Gold Suite?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:47 am

I've stayed at the Fairmont Beijing 3 times in the last two years. Used suite upgrade, got upgraded to their Signature Suite each time. Very nice hotel, location is decent, not a lot near it. Yonganli Metro station is a 5 minute walk, and is only then a few stops to a bunch of nice places.

Definitely try the Na Jia restaurant within 8-10 minute walk of the hotel. Very good traditional Beijing fare.

No Gold access for Plats unless you book a Gold room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.