Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairmont Beijing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by asj.alt
I have recently stayed at the Fairmont Beijing property and consider it to be the best hotel stay ever (for me).

I had the Signature Suite using both their opening package (stay 2 nights and pay 1) and my FPC suite upgrade certificate.

Not only was the suite one of the best hotel room (suite) ever incl. heated floor, the fancy toilets which were also heated, the unique decor and the attention to details, the service I received from all staff were simply amazing and personable.

On top of it all, the location is also quite convenient (close to the Yonganli subway station and the Silk Market). And by the way, their restaurant, Lunar 8, also has a fantasic Peking Duck that was so tasty without being fatty or greasy.

Highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Beijing!!
Dear Asjalt,

Thank you for staying with Fairmont Beijing on your recent visit, we appreciate the time you take to share with us your experience on TripAdvisor and FlyerTalk, they were quite helpful to us. Hopefully your mother enjoyed the trip to China.

We are pleased to hear that our Concierge team has arranged everything to ensure your travel are smooth, we will definitely share this with our team. Thank you for noting the Peking Duck at Lunar 8, it is one of signature dish in our Asian restaurant. The chef actually came from Quanjude, one of Beijing’s oldest Peking duck establishment, he uses ‘secret’ herbs as part of ingredients when roasting the duck; nevertheless we will relay the message to the chef that you enjoyed the meal.

We thank your kind review on our suite, when staying at Fairmont hotel we try to bring out the best of the local culture we are in. It was good to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the suite and our mission is to ensure that you are ‘pampered’ whenever you’re staying at Fairmont.

We hope to welcome you again to the hotel on your next visit.

Thank you,
Fairmont Beijing Management Team
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by Maxfinder
Well, we stayed for 3 days in December during the soft opening. We were very impressed!

We had a room and adjoining suite on the gold floor. The gold floor lounge and spa are not yet open to the public. In fact only a few rooms were open when we checked in. I do not think I saw any other guests during our stay. Plenty of staff though. A little bit weird staying in a hotel by yourself, but weird in a good way.

I was impressed by the room, and the suite was spectacular. The heated marble floor was very comforting. The automatic toilet in the suite was state of the art. The toilet in the room had bidet options, heated seat, dryer, power deodorizer etc. but it was not as nice as the one in the suite.

We booked airport pick up and were met at the gate, used a special line at customs and were whisked to the hotel, where we were met by a considerable number of staff members each of which addressed us by name.
I highly recommend this option!

The staff in general spoke fairly good English, and even remembered our kids names throughout our stay. I guess it should be pretty easy if you are one of the only guests in the hotel, but still I think it shows good training.

The staff also shared information, if you told a bellhop that you visited the Great wall, a busboy in the restaurant the next day would ask you if you enjoyed it.

This should bode well for them if they can keep it up.

Given the newness of the hotel, I was not expecting the service to be perfect, the airport pick up was certainly close to it. There were a few hiccups with some other areas but the staff have great attitudes and clearly were trying their best. This goes a long way with me as I have been in hotels where the staff clearly did not care. I am sure that by the time the hotel is ready to officially open that these minor issues will be ironed out.

I would not hesitate to stay their again!
Dear Maxfinder,

We are glad to hear that you’ve enjoyed your stay during our phased opening, we do apologize for not having the Fairmont Gold and Willow Stream Spa ready in team. As 123 years old Hotel Company, we endeavor to ensure that the facilities are at peak efficiency in order to meet guests expectations on the hardware and service as well.

Thank you for noting the small details in our guest rooms, we do love the heated floor, they do help especially during the winter. We are glad that you enjoyed the VIP service, they do come in handy when getting through the long line of customs.

We will share your review on our service with the team and will ensure that is consistent on your next visit, as well as for any guests staying not only at Fairmont Beijing, but any of our 59 other Fairmont hotels around the globe.

We do agree that taxis are relatively inexpensive in Beijing, there are alternatives as well for booking legal taxi and charter them for half a day or full day in advance with English speaking drivers (they are quite rare however, but quite helpful). But our concierge team will always be on stand by to help you chart where you need to travel within Beijing or China, as well as made any arrangement that is necessary.

We will take note on the ATM machine within the hotel and will work with the local bank to get it operational as soon as possible, thank you for bringing this to us.

Thank you again for staying with the Fairmont Beijing and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Old Apr 6, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Welcome, adhigoen, to FT. You comments are very welcome here!

In fact I just came back from Beijing last night. We did drop by your hotel but didn't have a chance to stay there because your sister company, Raffles, offered us a free suite and it would be wrong not to take up this offer! Otherwise, we would have stayed at the Fairmont! We have two friends who are also in Beijing but they have 3 nights there. One night they stayed at the Raffles (same offer as I got) and I told them to stay at the Fairmont for the other two nights. But they said they couldn't book it online unfortunately. Maybe your hotel was full. It was for Apr 5-7.

Anyways, the next time I am in Beijing, I will definitely try your hotel out.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Welcome to the forum adhigoen! Great to see you on board. We always appreciate a presence from the hotel!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Great! Maybe we can get more of the hotel managers on FT, and clean up some of the mess around.

If Fairmont thinks that FPC members don't correspond with one another, looking at the number of views on threads, they should think again. We represent millions of dollars in loyal Fairmont revenue, and FT voices should provide an accurate temperature where things are at. Business is created and deleted at the drop of a dime. Its good that a Fairmont out of China (??-they actually speak English) would respond.. howabout the counterparts out of Canada and US?

How bout Hawaii/Maui while I'm here?

Kudos to Fairmont Beijing.^
Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Great! Maybe we can get more of the hotel managers on FT, and clean up some of the mess around.

If Fairmont thinks that FPC members don't correspond with one another, looking at the number of views on threads, they should think again. We represent millions of dollars in loyal Fairmont revenue, and FT voices should provide an accurate temperature where things are at. Business is created and deleted at the drop of a dime. Its good that a Fairmont out of China (??-they actually speak English) would respond.. howabout the counterparts out of Canada and US?

As I have been informed numerous times by Fairmont head office, "they are aware of FT, and are looking into an official presence."
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro

Thanks for the kudos, have been watching the FlyerTalk "flying" in and out chat regarding traveler in preparation to travel, it's a great forum to share and try to get the best tips from fellow travellers.

I will definitely bring this up to the team and will look to have an official presence of Fairmont in FT.

Thanks for the tips and looking forward to chat with you soon.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Welcome, adhigoen, to FT. You comments are very welcome here!

In fact I just came back from Beijing last night. We did drop by your hotel but didn't have a chance to stay there because your sister company, Raffles, offered us a free suite and it would be wrong not to take up this offer! Otherwise, we would have stayed at the Fairmont! We have two friends who are also in Beijing but they have 3 nights there. One night they stayed at the Raffles (same offer as I got) and I told them to stay at the Fairmont for the other two nights. But they said they couldn't book it online unfortunately. Maybe your hotel was full. It was for Apr 5-7.

Anyways, the next time I am in Beijing, I will definitely try your hotel out.
Hi Jarusoba,

Currently as you may have note that our hotel is still in the phased opening, we want to ensure everything works before getting guest into the hotel. So that everyone will have the same great experience. Whilst sometimes we may not display available room on the website, the best way to check if we have rooms is via telephone to our reservations team here in Beijing +861085117777 or the simple way to email [email protected] with your check-in and out date, they will try to respond within 24-hours. If not drop me a line at [email protected] and I'll make sure it gets followed up.

Please bear with us at the moment, hopefully as soon as it hits May/June when we expect to have everything ready in terms of more rooms and facilities.

By the way the best thing is that we have extended our offer until end of August 2010. So hopefully we'll be able to welcome you to the hotel soon.

Fairmont Beijing is the first Fairmont hotel in China, with Peace Hotel coming online soon too, you should check it out, it's a very historical hotel at the heart of Shanghai. http://www.fairmont.com/peacehotel
Old Apr 7, 2010, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
As I have been informed numerous times by Fairmont head office, "they are aware of FT, and are looking into an official presence."
It would be great to have one or several official Fairmont reps on FT!

IMO reviews/posts/comments etc. posted on FT are much more useful than reviews posted on TA as Fairmont can put our comments in perspective and most of us have a lot of experience with Fairmont properties and FPC.

Also it should be rather difficult to find a bunch of people who are more passionate about the Fairmont brand than us.
I'm pretty sure both Fairmont management and the Fairmont forum could profit greatly from discussions about benefits, new properties etc. with inputs from both sides.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:04 am

Thumbs up Opening updates and progress from Fairmont Beijing

Hello FlyerTalk members,

A quick update from Fairmont Beijing opening progress.

We now have:
- The CUT Grill our signature restaurant open as of 2nd of June.
- More than 100 rooms available, you can book via any of your travel agents, fivestaralliance.com, kiwicollection.com, expedia.com or direct fairmont.com/bejing.
- We have extended our stay 2 nights pay 1 night offer, so check out the promo visit here.
- We are opening Fairmont Gold on August 1 and are extending the Fairmont Gold to include in our 2 nights for 1 night, visit here.

We are still working on the final bits, several suites and the Willow Stream spa, along with the swimming pool, will give an update later part or visit our main site.

Thank you and looking forward to welcoming you to the hotel soon,
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: AC SE
I appreciate the update. Now to find a reason to come to beijing.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 11:26 am

Thanks for the update adhigoen,

your presence here is very much appreciated. next time i am in Beijing i'll stay at the Fairmont for sure. 2 months ago i had an exceptional stay at the Fairmont in Kunshan. looking forward to my next visit to Beijing in the near future.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:32 pm

good concierge service

I'm going to be staying at the Fairmont Beijing in a week, but I wanted to complement their concierge service for helping me to book a train ticket out of Beijing. At first, I was going to stay at another high-end hotel, but when I asked the concierge at that hotel to arrange for purchase of the train ticket, he very politely told me to fend for myself. In contrast, the Fairmont concierge has been communicative, clear, and generally helpful. So far, I'm very pleased.

I will, of course, relay a full report after my stay!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Thumbs up Superb property

I stayed for 5 nights late last month and hope to do a more comprehensive TR soon. In the meantime I can confirm that the hard product is truly outstanding and the service (almost) faultless. Though I used neither, I thought the spa area (including pool and gym) sensational and the Cut restaurant a most wonderfully beautiful, sophisticated space. The Gold lounge was more than adequate but not on par with the rest of the experience, IMO. The location was excellent for our (tourist) needs.

A local told me that this is one of what Beijingers are referring to 6* hotels. (He didn't mention which others are in that category.)
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:36 pm

Any stay experiences? I am thinking of heading here this summer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.