Wiki Posts
Search

Dis-Loyalty by Ennismore

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2023, 4:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, QR Plat, Accor ALL Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by macaron35
Why calling it a pricing scam ?
BFAR is the reference rate (which is a dynamic flexible rate based on RACK).
Ennismore chose to launch a standalone program and it is indeed relevant for Accor not to be added up to All otherwise discount will be combined to point earning all year around. Accor is already launching promotions only when needed. At some point, the business has to be profitable otherwise hotels would revolt against the group as their P&L will be strongly affected.

This program is not offering points but just discounts, therefore, loyalty is not involved here as per its name.
I didn't say that I expected the bookings to earn points on the ALL program. I only compared the effective discount between the two programs as alternative options.

Of course there is a loyalty aspect in the non-traditional sense that Accor/Ennismore expects people that pay for a hotel subscription to prioritize the participating hotels in the future and thus generate more revenue for the group. I think you've mentioned in the past how according to research even Accor ALL non-paying members visit Accor hotels more often than non-members so imagine if you're paying for a subscription too. You would try to maximize the benefits of what you're paying for.

What I'm saying is that the 50% discount that is advertised is misleading, because there are cheaper rates to take advantage of without paying for a subscription. You need to read the fine print to realize that the advertised discount you are promised as the highlight of the program is only applicable on their most expensive rates. Similar to the Best Price Guarantee, where the restrictions and fine print are so complicated that it's almost impossible to take advantage of.

In contrast, the discount of ALL Voyageur for example is not misleading as it applies to most if not all published rates.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Agreed ... if the said discount is only applicable to their most expensive rate, then the program really have very little value for customers.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 2:13 pm

Is there any example of rates? Compared to ALL.COM? This must be easy to find.
How does one redeem their coffee? Is there a QR code?
Any screen grabs will be useful.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:00 am

Can anyone help with prices on Dis-loyalty?

Looking at So/ Uptown Dubai and it’s 114 in ALL.COM, therefore it would be 60 on Dis-Loyalty?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdm1985
Can anyone help with prices on Dis-loyalty?

Looking at So/ Uptown Dubai and its 114 in ALL.COM, therefore it would be 60 on Dis-Loyalty?

Thanks in advance.
It won't. It will be based on the best flexible public rate. So 180 euros (becomes 90 euros).
Not planning any trips in the near future do not getting the membership yet
Old Aug 20, 2023, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by VikingOnTheRoad
It won't. It will be based on the best flexible public rate. So 180 euros (becomes 90 euros).
Not planning any trips in the near future do not getting the membership yet

148 public flexible rate, should be 75 on Dis-loyalty?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.