Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dis-Loyalty by Ennismore

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2023, 8:45 am
Suspended

I don't know if we should thank Ennismore for Mama Shelter and Jo&Joe.

It's certainly disruptive, maybe too much. I feel like being in Camden market or Pop Brixton. I know i'm definitely not in the target. But even if they are targeting millenials, this generation would go there for a drink but not staying there. They are willing to spend money on fancy food and drink places, not on hotel stays. I sometimes feel like a dinosaur of hospitality, I don't recognize myself in such places even in terms of service and staff. I wonder if they have people coming from hospitality schools or even they simply hire people from other bars and restaurants

when Sebastien Bazin walked through the offices to introduce himself he told us he had plenty of ideas for new things no one tried before. I think he succeeded but it’s disturbing.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 4:11 am

Here’s hoping that if you’re ALL platinum or above you’ll get this at a discounted rate…

I see this more as a Soho House Friends Membership type with discounts at venues. Ultimately it’s all about driving revenue through the fee.

I am sure Accor would not want to even remotely connect this with ALL statues and benefits.

ALL must be seeing some changes soon, it’s been ages since they enhanced them…
Old Jul 23, 2023, 8:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Benefits for DisLoyalty
Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrouxel
Benefits for DisLoyalty
honestly, nothing to be excited about and I frankly think the name and buzz are quite exagerated.
marketing millennials from Ennismore should be thinking they just launched a groundbreaking offer 🙄

it would have been more interesting to give 10% on F&B at All properties starting from aLL Gold level to boost Accor restaurants and bars aside from breakfast consumption and it would have been more competitive for ALL vs other hotel loyalty programs instead of a ridiculous offer limited to specific hotel division using a ridiculous video and name on instagram

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Jul 23, 2023 at 12:42 pm
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
And subscription should be 144 £ a year
Old Jul 23, 2023, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I came across this article on this topic
https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/07/23/...gram-unveiled/

I have to say I totally agree with its conclusion :
"Does anybody believe Accor needs FIVE separate and partially overlapping membership programs besides Accor Live Limitless (ALL)? Doesn’t this create confusion among potential members and ALL participants?
Also, the name of this Ennismore’s Dis-loyalty is basically a slap on the face for everyone participating in their group-wide ALL
."

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an unwanted (for Accor) initiative of an autonomous or semi-autonomous branch.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 4:56 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak

"Does anybody believe Accor needs FIVE separate and partially overlapping membership programs besides Accor Live Limitless (ALL)? Doesn’t this create confusion among potential members and ALL participants?
Also, the name of this Ennismore’s Dis-loyalty is basically a slap on the face for everyone participating in their group-wide ALL
."

I wouldn't be surprised if this is an unwanted (for Accor) initiative of an autonomous or semi-autonomous branch.
Well it all perfectly fits in with Accor and how the developed over recent years: disjointed, inconsistent, confusing and haphazard. Increasingly there are all over the place.
Admiral Ackbar and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 1:10 am
Suspended

It all comes from Accor’s reorganization about 10 years ago to solve some conflicts by giving more autonomy to regions and segments. So basically some can do whatever they want as long as they get results but they just only care for their part and HQ teams can only acknowledge instead of previous giving approval.
There are now just discussions sometimes very tense but teams from regions are no longer asking for permissions. For too long, the structure was perceived like every decision was made in Paris and everyone had to obey. This is no longer the case. The terrible outcome is that we end up with plenty of sub programs and initiatives not fitting with the main program.

IHG had the same issue because of these internally battles of power.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by macaron35
It all comes from Accor’s reorganization about 10 years ago to solve some conflicts by giving more autonomy to regions and segments. So basically some can do whatever they want as long as they get results but they just only care for their part and HQ teams can only acknowledge instead of previous giving approval.
There are now just discussions sometimes very tense but teams from regions are no longer asking for permissions. For too long, the structure was perceived like every decision was made in Paris and everyone had to obey. This is no longer the case. The terrible outcome is that we end up with plenty of sub programs and initiatives not fitting with the main program.

IHG had the same issue because of these internally battles of power.
Very sad to read this. And for the bolded part, in fact some decided from the beginning to never obey (i.e. the French mid-scale hotels).
nrouxel likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 7:39 am
Suspended

For such a long time everyone always told them they were the cash cow of the company so it was already difficult to force them complying as long as they were very profitable. Accor was extremely busy catching up with competing programs and trying to attract members and make the number grow, nobody really cared and moreover there was no resource to waste to go after a number of properties not respecting the rules. Over time, it’s like with kids, you didn’t raise them properly, waiting for them to become teenagers, well it’s definitely too late to teach them to behave.
Finally the network is so big and still growing, they represent a minority but still not applying the rules properly and nobody would care.
And also there are more and more owning companies operating several properties under several brands in every region, they have some power over Accor. It is a strange relationship where it would not benefit anyone for the contract to end so sometimes Accor is looking somewhere else instead of fighting over some « details ».
Old Jul 24, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Seven Museum 21C hotels are part of the Ovation Rewards program that migrated from Fairmont to Accor. The following note has been added to these hotels:

"21C Properties will no longer be part of the Ovation Rewards program starting January 1st, 2024. Last reservation the hotels will be honoring is December 31st, 2023."

Does that also mean theat they will no longer be part of Accor?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak

."

It seems like quite common for international hotel chain to let their regional parts have overlap membership program.

Marriott APAC have Club Marriott which works similar to Accor Plus in APAC region.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:24 am
Suspended

APAC is a very specific market compared to the rest of the world, competition is really fierce, this is where most openings are every year.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 5:20 am

First month free, but a minimum 12 month membership…
Old Jul 25, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by macaron35
APAC is a very specific market compared to the rest of the world, competition is really fierce, this is where most openings are every year.
Interestingly, APAC regions hotels are the one tends to honor loyalty program benefit more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.