Search

2018 Status Points, how's it going?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Originally Posted by vidrineb
That's unfortunate! Hopefully your partner has learned a lesson?? lol
Yes and no...

They used to have a different (real) agent last year and there were no issues with flight/hotel reservations. We spent lots of nights and lots of money in Australia last year! Everything went smoothly.
Egencia is a nightmare, but the company has started using it only recently and no-one has had time to fight with the HR team. In fact, you'd have quarrel with the local team and with the US team at the same time.

But I've learnt my lesson. I'm NOT going to book standard rooms and hope to be upgraded. I'll simply book superior/executive rooms and let the company pay for them
vidrineb and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by vidrineb
Wow, that is quite an incredible savings! Now I see why so many of the Fairmont members were upset with the loss of their program!

Our ski trip for February is already booked for the French Alps but we're considering Canada for the following season!

I live not far outside of London, not too far from Heathrow, and where I have to go for work is on the outskirts of the opposite end of London. So a commute to that end of London would be about 3 hours each way, so I put the hotel stays through my business to save me 6 hours of driving everyday when I have to do work on that side of the city.
To be fair, not all stays under the old FPC program were that great of a deal. We would deploy the certs where the value proposition was best, and just pay regular rates on other stays. In over a dozen stays at Tremblant, I've never used a FPC certificate there, because it was comparatively better value for me to use them in the summer season at Banff or Lake Louise. Also, we like Fairmont Gold at Tremblant, and you can't use FPC certs toward Gold rooms or suites (officially, but I have made deals at Lake Louise to do it). For my upcoming visit to Banff and Lake Louise for February, I'm all out of free nights, since I used them up on the August trip when nightly rate is higher than it is in Feb. I am, however, still using suite upgrade certs there, since I have more than I know what to do with (my wife and I were both Platinum).

If you need any advice or tips on Fairmonts Tremblant, Banff, Lake Louise or Whistler for your ski trip plans, let me know. I know the pros and cons of them all very well.

As for your commute, I should probably not complain about Toronto traffic again! There is no place I could possibly go around the Toronto area, that would take me anywhere near 3 hours to get to.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
It is pretty hard to spend more than 300 Euros per night in China apart from say booking a nine nations suite at the peace hotel In shanghai or booking a presidential suite in Sofitels or Fairmonts.

I am on 10064 points for 23 nights. Considering we still have just under 4 months ago it looks like we will qualify by December.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:00 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I'm at 49 nights / 10540 points, with another 1-night completed stay waiting to be posted, and I have four nights booked later this month so I should make it to Plat for the first time before the end of the year.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Actually 84 nights (included 9 nights payed with points) / 25.583 level points.

Will artive at 120/125 nights by the end of this year

I think I will start to join another one rewards program (thinking about new Marriot) since next year, to share my nights.

I’m just little bit trouble about how many points / free nights could have with Marriot, because In Italy (where I do 100 nights for business) Accor has very often x3 x4 points offer during the year

I don’t think I will find the same with Marriot, especially because for company budget reason, I can sleep in hotel with maximum fare 150 euro (room only, except if on fairs periods) ....and with Marriot group I could stay quite only at AC hotels (even if the level of AC hotels in Italy is very often better than Novotels or Mercures) or Moxy. Both brand I think are not so well promoted by Marriot with extra points offers.

clement7 likes this.

Last edited by Dav77; Sep 4, 2018 at 6:28 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
24/60 nights so far, with another 2+4 nights booked for the rest of the year so I should renew as Gold for 2019.
For 2017, I hit 100 nights but I realized that it wasn't rewarding to go over 60 nights/year so I've diverted some stays to Hilton & SPG this year.
TBH I'm very happy with Hilton Gold except for getting a late check out which is elusive & doesn't happen quite as often as I'd like (the most recent was last year at the Hilton ORD Airport @ 4pm)
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
@kaffir: If I understand, you are currently Platinum. As you earned that status in 2017 and didn't receive it by virtue of an Amex Platinum card or such (that offer ended, I know), you will receive a soft landing to Gold for 2019. So even if you had to cancel one of your upcoming stays, you would still be good.

---

Myself, I'm at 40/60 nights and 7.2k/14k points. I have a few more stays coming up but likely will be ending up ten nights short or so. I'm considering doing some mattress running to keep Plat. The reason for that is that I have a few stays in Asian Accor properties with lounges booked for 2019 where the Plat status would come in handy. But it's a tough decision as mattress running for ten nights is quite a lot. I really need some good promos coming up to make it worthwhile.
kaffir76 and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: Le Club Accor: Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriott/SPG: Gold, AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by 1flyer
@kaffir: If I understand, you are currently Platinum. As you earned that status in 2017 and didn't receive it by virtue of an Amex Platinum card or such (that offer ended, I know), you will receive a soft landing to Gold for 2019. So even if you had to cancel one of your upcoming stays, you would still be good.

---

Myself, I'm at 40/60 nights and 7.2k/14k points. I have a few more stays coming up but likely will be ending up ten nights short or so. I'm considering doing some mattress running to keep Plat. The reason for that is that I have a few stays in Asian Accor properties with lounges booked for 2019 where the Plat status would come in handy. But it's a tough decision as mattress running for ten nights is quite a lot. I really need some good promos coming up to make it worthwhile.
Just treat yourself to a weekend in a suite at a Fairmont. I know it's pricey but the status points alone should bump you up to platinum quite quickly!
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
5 nights and 4000 status points so far ... definitely not going to get plat but hopefully reach gold for next year
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:17 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Since 2018-01-01,
you have accumulated :3 926/7 000 Status points 15/30 nights

11 nights booked so far, first see how much points after 11+ nights...to keep gold...
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:43 am

Since 2018-01-01,
you have accumulated :

1 681/14 000 Status points
31/60 nights

I am happy to stay at gold till next year and possibly maintain gold status by subscribing to accorplus end next year.
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:59 am
Suspended

26 nights / 16k points
But I won't chase plat anymore. Really fed up begging for upgrades and drink vouchers...
Do you guys know any group that offer better consistency in rewarding loyal customers?
​​​​​​
clement7 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:26 am
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
8900 status points and 25 nights to date. Not sure if I can be bothered to chase incorrect points at Sofitel Vienna but likely still wouldn't make Plat. by year end.

Gold will do as this is my second program anyway and there are too few benefits for Plat above Gold in my view.

Safe travels.
tris06 and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
22 nights / 6302 points. Currently Gold status. The 3 years before Platinum, will make it again to Gold by points and nights.
All stays are in France/Belgium/The Netherlands.
No lounges here.....Platinum has no value. I get the same treatments with Gold as with Platinum.
tris06 and clement7 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Platinum forever as we have Sofitels that are our go to places in several cities. Basically any big upgrades and special treats are due to our personal loyalty, not the status. Points are nice since, once we hit Platinum, we usually wind up with a few free nights.

Our only other programs are IGH and Hilton, both of which we got quite a few bonus points on credit cards. Hilton can be nice, especially Conrad. Benefits and award nights are perhaps a tad better but nothing special.
clement7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.