clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: All Diamond
Moseying along nicely ! 3 391 / 14 000 Status points or 18 / 60 nights
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by tris06
While I think we all took advantage of the fact rewards points use to count for status I think the change has been a good decision as there were too many top level elites for the amount of money being spent. The only disappointing thing is no additional benefit has been added with the reduction in plat or gold members..
Zero stays, zero points. Would have been halfway to the old Plat target by now, but was dropped to Gold thanks to this change after many years as Plat, .

Good news all round, one less Plat for you all to compete with and better stays for me as I focus on Hilton Diamond. Less revenue for Accor, too bad.
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by clement7

Oh, very nice! Fairmonts and Raffles, you can earn many points!
yes!
one of the good thing about le club accor is they also value the amount of spending you made with status points. not just value the number of stays/ nights
it might encourage people to try the higher end offerings instead of try book cheapest room as much as possible

personally sometimes i do wonder whether hotel make more profit from 60 nights stay at $20 /night ibis or 18 nights stay at $500 sofitel suite
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:54 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by harryhv
Zero stays, zero points. Would have been halfway to the old Plat target by now, but was dropped to Gold thanks to this change after many years as Plat, .

Good news all round, one less Plat for you all to compete with and better stays for me as I focus on Hilton Diamond. Less revenue for Accor, too bad.
If you decided that Accor plat was not possible after these changes then Accor's reasoning was you were not a high value customer. At the end of the day Accor wont care on individual basis if people decide to dump the program if it gets harder to qualify. You could have had people who stayed 1-2 nights per year in 2014 who decided to say.. "I will take my hard earned cash elsewhere" because Accor was not going to continue giving complimentary plat memberships. Accor realised they would lose some customers when they put the platinum status points system. At the same time some members will spend more and some people will join the program if they see the plat membership being more exclusive. Hopefully with time Accor will add 1 or 2 additional benefits and if hotels notice less plat members they will treat the remaining plat members with more attention.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
3 305 / 14 000 Status points or 27 / 60 nights here. Will hit 60 nights with my current reservations already in July.
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tris06
If you decided that Accor plat was not possible after these changes then Accor's reasoning was you were not a high value customer. At the end of the day Accor wont care on individual basis if people decide to dump the program if it gets harder to qualify. You could have had people who stayed 1-2 nights per year in 2014 who decided to say.. "I will take my hard earned cash elsewhere" because Accor was not going to continue giving complimentary plat memberships. Accor realised they would lose some customers when they put the platinum status points system. At the same time some members will spend more and some people will join the program if they see the plat membership being more exclusive. Hopefully with time Accor will add 1 or 2 additional benefits and if hotels notice less plat members they will treat the remaining plat members with more attention.
Wishful thinking indeed! You may be right to a certain extent but the main problem with Platinum is that if you’re not staying in a hotel with a lounge (I.e over 95% of their hotels), there is very little benefit. The upgrades need to be requested (and begged for) and the programme rules dictate one category upgrade - MGallery Baraquda Pattaya had a suite available but because it was the “grande suite” (an additional 5sqm) they would rather it remain empty than give it to a Plat. A manager even gave some rubbish about auditing if they didn’t stick to the one level upgrade rule. It’s all a bit mean and inflexible. I guess the problem is inconsistency across hotels: even though Vie Bangkok was completely full they still upgraded me.

So the question is whether it is worth Platinum for the $ spend needed to get there and I decided it was better to go with SPG mainly for guaranteed 4 pm check out, best available room at check in, better points vs air miles ratio and an excellent Best Rate Guarantee Programme. Oh and free breakfast. Even Marriott Gold gives free breakfast / lounge access!

If Accor introduced serious changes then who knows!

clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
My work has for once brought me to a location with absolutely zero Accor hotels, so after two years as Platinum (with 100+ stays/year) I'm still at zero nights/points with Accor in 2018. I have been staying at a Radisson for a bit this year instead, and while it's not bad I gotta say I miss my Sofitels/Novotels...
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:05 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by yorkboy24

Wishful thinking indeed! You may be right to a certain extent but the main problem with Platinum is that if you’re not staying in a hotel with a lounge (I.e over 95% of their hotels), there is very little benefit. The upgrades need to be requested (and begged for) and the programme rules dictate one category upgrade - MGallery Baraquda Pattaya had a suite available but because it was the “grande suite” (an additional 5sqm) they would rather it remain empty than give it to a Plat. A manager even gave some rubbish about auditing if they didn’t stick to the one level upgrade rule. It’s all a bit mean and inflexible. I guess the problem is inconsistency across hotels: even though Vie Bangkok was completely full they still upgraded me.

So the question is whether it is worth Platinum for the $ spend needed to get there and I decided it was better to go with SPG mainly for guaranteed 4 pm check out, best available room at check in, better points vs air miles ratio and an excellent Best Rate Guarantee Programme. Oh and free breakfast. Even Marriott Gold gives free breakfast / lounge access!

If Accor introduced serious changes then who knows!

I really think its pointless counting the thousands of Ibis and other low cost in the total for executive lounges world wide.
I would say realistically for mid tier and above there is about 75% of hotels without a lounge and 25%. Asia these days is a big chunk of Accors business and nearly all novotel or higher hotels have lounges. Oceania has maybe 15 lounges. Europe has maybe 6/7 lounges in total.
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:20 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
5011 status points and 5 nights
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:52 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AccorPlus Plat
2536 status credits and 26 nights but not expecting to make Platinum this year.
clement7 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:27 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted
clement7 likes this.

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 2018 at 1:37 am
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Best Western Platinum, IHG Gold, Thalys Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Easytravel
577 points, 4 night (1 night paid with points)
1964 8 nights.
clement7 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Le Club Gold
Originally Posted by clement7

About 30 points per night, really row...
Well, it's 11 nights and 359 status points now. (I spent 4000 rewards points in total on two reservations.)
It's quite clear I'm not getting a Platinum card this year!
clement7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.