Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
The bottom line and constant with LCAH is:

Nobody takes OWNERSHIP.

CS pushes to Accor Plus.
Hotels don't care.
CS don't care
BRG don't care

In the end if nobody picks up the ball and says "I will deal with it" it will NEVER work.

Sebastien Bazin mentioned this in one of his interviews once. But until today, I don't see this (apart from some GMs and regional VPs who really care).
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Agree with all this. I barely venture here any more as my accor stays have plummeted (though I've retained Gold). There are a couple of properties which have been consistently good and so I stick with them by and large.

Anywhere new, its Hilton every time if there's a choice.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
Amy - a quick point about contacting Client Services. I actually did that but then I was told to contact Accor Plus! I then told Client Services to actually take responsibility for the complaint and said that I don't have time to keep getting passed around on a wild goose chase! So they simply forwarded my complaint / feedback to Accor Plus. Why didn't they just do that in the first place? I feel that customer service for Accor Plus and Accor needs to be integrated. It was 3 days ago but it was the weekend. I'll see if I get a response.
I do understand if the question is related to the account, probably it is ok to refer it to Accor Plus, but not all queries.

Like my queries why no "Sofitel Luang Prabang" in Places by LCAH. This does not need to be referred to Accor Plus, just because I am Accor Plus member. What Accor Plus CS did was also ask back to the HQ.

I really feel that Accor CS should not exclude us just because we are Accor Plus member. I really feel being excluded and treated as second class citizen by paying for Accor Plus membership. Accor CS SHOULD take Accor Plus member. If necessary then refer it to Accor Plus CS.

This is how it should work!!!
Old Aug 15, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Agreed. Deal with all queries and if outside their remit, THEY should refer to Accor Plus, not ask us to resubmit. All aspects of CS should be integrated and have access to our data in our profile - no excuses about not being able to handle cases due to data privacy.

On a positive note, I'm pleased to be back in Asia and enjoying real Platinum treatment at Novotel Manila Araneta Centre. Everything great so far - review to follow.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
Originally Posted by lingua101
I do understand if the question is related to the account, probably it is ok to refer it to Accor Plus, but not all queries.

Like my queries why no "Sofitel Luang Prabang" in Places by LCAH. This does not need to be referred to Accor Plus, just because I am Accor Plus member. What Accor Plus CS did was also ask back to the HQ.

I really feel that Accor CS should not exclude us just because we are Accor Plus member. I really feel being excluded and treated as second class citizen by paying for Accor Plus membership. Accor CS SHOULD take Accor Plus member. If necessary then refer it to Accor Plus CS.

This is how it should work!!!
That was exactly the same query that i sent to FB - Sofitel laung prabang is not listed in Places. Said they were looking into it. No reply. Asked for update. Referred to Accor plus. No resolution.

I also had to recently "beg" for upgrade as well. Ie While checking in (single person 1 night) ...

welcome back, thank you for your loyalty sir....
here is your room sir.
I queried room category.
Yes it is as you booked sir.
As a gold member, am i not eligible for an upgrade at this hotel?
You have booked a suite sir,
SO!?
and you got a very good rate sir" (accor plus hot deal)
SO?!
I believe this category does not include club access.
Oh we dont usually do that for upgrades you have to pay. That is a plat benefit.
I am aware of the benefits plat & gold members get, but not interested in paying, i am interested in knowing if you will recognize my loyalty with some sort of benefit.
club access granted, this time only sir

I call that begging.

I replied to auto generated survey request noting above experience, and i did get a call from the hotel a week later, explaining the policy about not giving exec club as an upgrade. thank you. And i asked to explain to me what they can do for me with regard to my loyalty as an accor plus member and the opportunity for an upgrade if available.

No answer forthcoming, other than to book the lower category exec room (more expensive) and they can offer upgrade to suite. I said that was convoluted and and not in my best interest financially. We agreed to disagree.

The begging continues.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by ozmouse
That was exactly the same query that i sent to FB - Sofitel laung prabang is not listed in Places. Said they were looking into it. No reply. Asked for update. Referred to Accor plus. No resolution.

I also had to recently "beg" for upgrade as well. Ie While checking in (single person 1 night) ...

welcome back, thank you for your loyalty sir....
here is your room sir.
I queried room category.
Yes it is as you booked sir.
As a gold member, am i not eligible for an upgrade at this hotel?
You have booked a suite sir,
SO!?
and you got a very good rate sir" (accor plus hot deal)
SO?!
I believe this category does not include club access.
Oh we dont usually do that for upgrades you have to pay. That is a plat benefit.
I am aware of the benefits plat & gold members get, but not interested in paying, i am interested in knowing if you will recognize my loyalty with some sort of benefit.
club access granted, this time only sir

I call that begging.

I replied to auto generated survey request noting above experience, and i did get a call from the hotel a week later, explaining the policy about not giving exec club as an upgrade. thank you. And i asked to explain to me what they can do for me with regard to my loyalty as an accor plus member and the opportunity for an upgrade if available.

No answer forthcoming, other than to book the lower category exec room (more expensive) and they can offer upgrade to suite. I said that was convoluted and and not in my best interest financially. We agreed to disagree.

The begging continues.
oh well what to do? I think what we can do is to start creating "shame list" or something like that sort to list down the properties like this and try to avoid them.

I guess this is the only thing we can do right? If many (if not all) elite avoiding that hotels at all cost, we will see how they will react.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 6:04 am

oh well what to do? I think what we can do is to start creating "shame list" or something like that sort to list down the properties like this and try to avoid them.

I guess this is the only thing we can do right? If many (if not all) elite avoiding that hotels at all cost, we will see how they will react.
I believe more than 50% Accor properties will fall into "shame list" category.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by TeRriii
I believe more than 50% Accor properties will fall into "shame list" category.
Well, many Accor properties that I have stayed (in Asia mostly, if not all), are not like that.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Based on my experiences, Asia is 95% good for status recognition (upgrades) but drops to 75% if late check out, welcome gift and welcome gift included (I.e proactively offered). As for Europe, it drops to about 75% and 50% respectively.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 1:29 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Well, many Accor properties that I have stayed (in Asia mostly, if not all), are not like that.
I agree. Generally for my case, I think the Accor properties in Asia are pretty good for status recognition and upgrade.

I only have issue with some hotels who think that upgrading your room to a higher floor is considered an upgrade.

Being a Platinum member, we already have guaranteed access to the Club Lounge. So what is the difference if I'm staying on the 17th floor but you gave me a room on the 18th floor (Club Lounge Level)? There is no upgrade since we are already entitled to Club Lounge Access.

I only consider an upgrade if the room size is increased (either to a bigger corner room or to a suite) and NOT the same room type/size from a lower to higher floor.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AccorAll - Diamond Qantas - Platinum
[QUOTE=happygolucky_nomad;28700741]I agree. Generally for my case, I think the Accor properties in Asia are pretty good for status recognition and upgrade.

I agree, my experience with asia properties also very good. But still hit and miss.

Sofitel So Bangkok looks after me the best of any hotel i have stayed in. dont know why. dont complain.

Sofitel Bangkok said i got an upgrade, i queried, and they said the corner room looking out the back over the pool was the upgrade. corner room was not a advertised category, park view is. No welcome drinks offered. (nice lounge though).

Sofitel So Singapore is on banned list after 2 bad experiences including correspondence with management.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: LCAH Platinum - Club Carlson Gold Elite - EK GOLD - SPG GOLD - MARRIOTT GOLD
I also totally agree, My Accor experience in Asia and the middle east is way better than in Europe, Pullman in Jakarta, McGallery in Bali and Sofitel in Al khobar were all proactive in offering ALL the platinum benefits.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
I agree. Generally for my case, I think the Accor properties in Asia are pretty good for status recognition and upgrade.

I only have issue with some hotels who think that upgrading your room to a higher floor is considered an upgrade.

Being a Platinum member, we already have guaranteed access to the Club Lounge. So what is the difference if I'm staying on the 17th floor but you gave me a room on the 18th floor (Club Lounge Level)? There is no upgrade since we are already entitled to Club Lounge Access.

I only consider an upgrade if the room size is increased (either to a bigger corner room or to a suite) and NOT the same room type/size from a lower to higher floor.
Well you have been upgraded from standard room to club floor room. It is definitely one level upgrade if not 2.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Accor+ Platinum, Honors Diamond, SPG/MR Gold, IHG, KrisFlyer, Airpoints, Qantas FF, Enrich, SkyMiles
My experiences staying at Accor properties have been mostly in Asia, with a few stays in New Zealand and one in Istanbul. Of all these stays (more than 50 since I became gold/platinum), I didn't receive room upgrade only twice:

- Once at Pullman Auckland but at that time the hotel was very full - I could see that at breakfast. (They are generally nice about upgrades at other times).

- The other time was at Royal Surakarta Heritage MGallery. Very nice hotel, but I was a bit peeved. When I arrived they told me they gave me a room upgrade. But after my stay I realized when comparing my photos vs their official photos that I did not receive any upgrade after all - I received the same exact room type I booked.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by FGunawan
My experiences staying at Accor properties have been mostly in Asia, with a few stays in New Zealand and one in Istanbul. Of all these stays (more than 50 since I became gold/platinum), I didn't receive room upgrade only twice:

- Once at Pullman Auckland but at that time the hotel was very full - I could see that at breakfast. (They are generally nice about upgrades at other times).

- The other time was at Royal Surakarta Heritage MGallery. Very nice hotel, but I was a bit peeved. When I arrived they told me they gave me a room upgrade. But after my stay I realized when comparing my photos vs their official photos that I did not receive any upgrade after all - I received the same exact room type I booked.
Some times we need to depend on the honesty of the hotel as we do not know what room we are staying unless you are regular there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.