New offer : 3 stays 6000 points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Correct. I usually only stay up to 30nights a year in hotels,
Old Sep 11, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Wonder why promo page has "Classic status" this time, though nothing is mentioned in T&C about any status restriction. I also got a personal e-mail about the offer (I'm Silver with them now).
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by tris06
Well my spending at Accor hotels (at nearly all hotels for the year) at the moment is around the 5600-6000Euro mark before taxes of course. Mostly because I don't usually need to travel for work so 90% of the stays are during vacations. So if I spent the reward points I would likely not qualify for Plat for the next year.

So my thinking is this. Keep paying to keep plat membership and let the points build up unless I already qualified or there is no bonus point promotions.

I am considering beginning in 2020 I guess I might have 140,000 points+ (nearly 3000 euros worth) by then which I will spend on hotel stays for that year. I will bring it back down to near zero if possible. I may earn few status points but I already will have gold membership in the bag for 2021.
The only difference is I will likely purchase rooms with lounge access but will still enjoy the upgrades.. Then should be back to plat in 2022 and build it up for another 2-3 years.
How will you already have ‘gold in the bag for 2021’?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Well I assume my yearly spending on hotels wont change so I should be able to keep platinum by earning status points until the end of 2019, then I will spend mostly with rewards points so likely I may not even reach the 30 nights or 7000 status points to be awarded gold, however Accor now drops members 1 elite level each year (plat- gold or gold - silver.. etc) if they cannot maintain their membership level.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Well I assume my yearly spending on hotels wont change so I should be able to keep platinum by earning status points until the end of 2019, then I will spend mostly with rewards points so likely I may not even reach the 30 nights or 7000 status points to be awarded gold, however Accor now drops members 1 elite level each year (plat- gold or gold - silver.. etc) if they cannot maintain their membership level.
There is a trick to maintain your platinum even if your 2019 spending couldn't meet.

In asia pacific, there is a paid programme called "accorplus", where you can spent like 150 euro (based on rate offered in Malaysia) to sign up for 1 year membership, and once you are accorplus member the elite status assessment changed:

As an Accor Plus member your Le Club AccorHotels Status Tier will be assessed based on your eligible stays and expenditure in the full previous calendar year (2017) or from the beginning of the current year (2018) to the time of renewal, whichever is the most favourable to you.

https://www.accorplus.com/leclub

the trick is to sign up accorplus membership near year end, like november/december. then when you sing-up/renew your accorplus membership at the end of 2019, they will grant you platinum status to the time of renewal of year 2020.
tris06 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:06 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
There is a trick to maintain your platinum even if your 2019 spending couldn't meet.

In asia pacific, there is a paid programme called "accorplus", where you can spent like 150 euro (based on rate offered in Malaysia) to sign up for 1 year membership, and once you are accorplus member the elite status assessment changed:

the trick is to sign up accorplus membership near year end, like november/december. then when you sing-up/renew your accorplus membership at the end of 2019, they will grant you platinum status to the time of renewal of year 2020.
Thanks but to be honest I didn't want to join Accor plus. Also there have been many past issues when Accor plus members wanted to join just the regular membership. Gold won't hurt that much.. I lose only 25 percent bonus points, lounge access unless paid, somtimes a slightly better welcome gift, free breakfast in Asia Pacific and not able to use early check In and late check out on the same booking/stay. If I was dropping from gold to silver Now that would be a bit more painful for me as silver really has few benefits apart from late check out and welcome drinks. My wife just said tonight the lounges are nice but not worth the extra money (I disagree but she would use it less than I would).

Anyway I think we should get back to the thread topic which is bonus points..

I am happy but I do prefer the X3 or X4 point promotions to be honest. The last time for Asia Pacific as a whole was around new year.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Wonder why promo page has "Classic status" this time, though nothing is mentioned in T&C about any status restriction. I also got a personal e-mail about the offer (I'm Silver with them now).
it normally means each member, starting from classic status, can use this promo

Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

I am happy but I do prefer the X3 or X4 point promotions to be honest. The last time for Asia Pacific as a whole was around new year.
I'd say those days are gone. With the amount of points you can earn at Fairmont and Raffles properties, they'd have points flying out the window
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh

My gold accor status will expire end 2019. Does this mean that if I want to maintain the gold status after end 2019, I can subscribe to accorplus at end 2019?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I'd say those days are gone. With the amount of points you can earn at Fairmont and Raffles properties, they'd have points flying out the window
I tend to disagree. Are you saying the profit margins are much thinner at luxury propeties compared to budget or mid range hotels?

Assuming (pull a random number out of the hat) Accor makes 10 percent on the average booking on Ibis bookings in say Singapore. Would they not make similar margins on the average bookings at the Raffles? The number of points is not the issue but the value of the stay. Why should an Ibis stay potentially as low as say 50 USD (thinking world wide) per night be rewarded always the same value as a stay at a hotel charging 1000USD per night?

I think it would be a massive mistake to limit promotion rewards for their biggest spenders to that of someone spending 10 to 20 times less money.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by coolhead
My gold accor status will expire end 2019. Does this mean that if I want to maintain the gold status after end 2019, I can subscribe to accorplus at end 2019?
yes, this is what appeared in the website, and i have 2 friends renewed last year getting their platinum status extension based on their year 2016 status qualification.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:17 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
I tend to disagree. Are you saying the profit margins are much thinner at luxury propeties compared to budget or mid range hotels?

Assuming (pull a random number out of the hat) Accor makes 10 percent on the average booking on Ibis bookings in say Singapore. Would they not make similar margins on the average bookings at the Raffles? The number of points is not the issue but the value of the stay. Why should an Ibis stay potentially as low as say 50 USD (thinking world wide) per night be rewarded always the same value as a stay at a hotel charging 1000USD per night?

I think it would be a massive mistake to limit promotion rewards for their biggest spenders to that of someone spending 10 to 20 times less money.
I would say that AH would think twice about running "x3 / x4" promos in future, if they can entice the same guest with a "stay 3x for 6000 points" promo. (don't get me wrong, I like the x4 promos as well!
But if I was in their shoes, why pay 5000points x 4 after a fairmont stay, if the same guest only stays once. It would come off better for them to pull in the guest long-term rather than short term - without having to go overboard on the number of points they need to issue out.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I would say that AH would think twice about running "x3 / x4" promos in future, if they can entice the same guest with a "stay 3x for 6000 points" promo. (don't get me wrong, I like the x4 promos as well!
But if I was in their shoes, why pay 5000points x 4 after a fairmont stay, if the same guest only stays once. It would come off better for them to pull in the guest long-term rather than short term - without having to go overboard on the number of points they need to issue out.
I would agree with you on the reduced need to offer such promotions, but for different reasons.

Firstly, I think it's a false assumption that a guest at a high-spend property is only a one-time guest. I personally pay $1,000+ per night at my favourite properties, and continue to stay at them year-after-year, and do so more than once per year. I have over 100 nights in suites at the Chateau Lake Louise, and am probably closing in on that number at the Banff Springs. Such landmark properties do attract a lot of regular guests. Sure, there are probably lots of bus tour guests who may never pass that way again, but just because it's an expensive place doesn't mean they're guests don't return.

However, I do agree that guests at such properties are less motivated by points, so they perhaps don't need to offer them (but since Accor chose the path of a one-size-fits-all program for all guests, even though the guests may be motivated differently, they probably shouldn't do anything different). Regular Fairmont and Raffles guests never collected points before, and still stayed there, so they're not necessarily going to be motivated by points now. I last stayed at the CLL because I like the place, not because I was given 14000 "status points" do so, or whatever number of "reward points" that converted into. I'll happily take the points and burn them on my next stay for a little discount, but it's not going to affect my decision on where to stay.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Hello FTiers, quick question - may I book a hotel for two nights at the private sale rate to qualify for this 6000 promo? I can't see any T+C that would prohibit that (as some other chains do), but would want to be on the safe side
Old Sep 12, 2018, 12:51 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, Accorhotel Platinium, Nordic Choice Platinium
Originally Posted by dimon84
Hello FTiers, quick question - may I book a hotel for two nights at the private sale rate to qualify for this 6000 promo? I can't see any T+C that would prohibit that (as some other chains do), but would want to be on the safe side
I have done this last year and got the points
dimon84 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.