Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:53 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
No.
You get dining discount when you stay and also when you simply dine at AccorHotels in APAC. It's meant for members to dine at for corporate or leisure purpose in their home town or when traveling.
Additionally you get 1 or 2 free night vouchers for properties in APAC. (1 or 2 depending in which country you sign up)
Additionally if you are a Accor+ member, you are accorded a minimum status of silver in LCAH.
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
As someone else said, looking at the Accor Plus website will yield better information, but I'll give you a quick introduction.

It is a paid yearly subscription for Accor members in the Asia Pacific region only, and includes some of the following benefits:
  • Automatic silver level membership within Le Club
  • Up to 50% off food when dining (not applicable to room service).
    • One member dining alone gets 25% discount, member + 1 is 50% discount, member + 2 is 33% discount, member + 3 is 25% discount, etc etc.
    • In Australia, New Zealand and ?Fiji? (unsure) only you can use multiple A+ cards per table. For example, two A+ cards on a table of 5 pax would be a 40% food discount
  • 15% beverage discount (Asia only)
  • One or two complimentary night stays (depending on the region in which the membership is purchased)
Prices vary wildly between regions, as does some bonus inclusions. As posted above, some south east Asian members receive dining vouchers, or birthday cake vouchers when they join/renew. In Australia, I get nothing other than my membership for my renewals.

There are also A+ member only events and experiences available to participate in.
Thanks for clearing that up!
I think I understand it now.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
just renew my accor plus at SGD$438 for 2 nights in Singapore. It is $338 for 1 night if anyone is considering.
I think they will screw up my account again with a new membership number.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:15 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
just renew my accor plus at SGD$438 for 2 nights in Singapore. It is $338 for 1 night if anyone is considering.
I think they will screw up my account again with a new membership number.
Did you keep your status?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by Dachshund
Did you keep your status?
yes of course! I only had 30 nights but my platinum status from the fairmont + accor hack is giving me platinum until Dec 2019.
Dachshund likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
yes of course! I only had 30 nights but my platinum status from the Fairmont + Accor hack is giving me platinum until Dec 2019.
What is this "Fairmont + Accor hack" that your are referring to?

The last time I spoke to A+ customer service at the beginning of the year, I was told that if I renewed my membership, they'd review my status for the current year (e.g. 2017 - 50 nights) & the previous year (e.g. 2016 - 80 nights), and take into consideration & grant status based on the year with the higher no. of stays (= Platinum for 2018)
Anyway, I already re-qualified for Platinum in 2018 so I asked to be switched to LCAH instead.

But seriously, S$438 is way too high .. thanks but no thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
What is this "Fairmont + Accor hack" that your are referring to?

The last time I spoke to A+ customer service at the beginning of the year, I was told that if I renewed my membership, they'd review my status for the current year (e.g. 2017 - 50 nights) & the previous year (e.g. 2016 - 80 nights), and take into consideration & grant status based on the year with the higher no. of stays (= Platinum for 2018)
Anyway, I already re-qualified for Platinum in 2018 so I asked to be switched to LCAH instead.

But seriously, S$438 is way too high .. thanks but no thanks.
Well the hack consist of 2 parts. I got instant accor gold thru the shareholders program where i bought 50 shares of Accor. It was a no brainer considering how cash rich the company was in 2016 and they were waiting for opportunities to buy over some chains i.e fairmont/swissotel/raffles. The financial ratios also meant the company was undervalued compared with the likes of Marriott and Hilton. I bought the stock at $36 and its about $42 now.
The 2nd part saw me get Fairmont premier status with just 5 stays. As fairmont and accor were merging in Jul, i needed premier status in fairmont and accor gold to give me platinum status in the new combined program to last me until Dec 2019
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
  • One or two complimentary night stays (depending on the region in which the membership is purchased)
As I understand, these "complimentary" nights are generally not available for any night you'd actually want to use - a bit like trying to book an award flight on Delta Skymiles. How can you check what's actually available for these "free" nights?

I always have the same conversation when I get a call from the Accor Plus boiler-room:
"...this card gets you a free night at any Accor hotel (in Asia-Pacific)"
"OK yes please book me such and such"
"Oh sorry I can't do that, you have to pay first and find out afterwards if the room is available"
"No thanks, goodbye"
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv
As I understand, these "complimentary" nights are generally not available for any night you'd actually want to use - a bit like trying to book an award flight on Delta Skymiles. How can you check what's actually available for these "free" nights?

I always have the same conversation when I get a call from the Accor Plus boiler-room:
"...this card gets you a free night at any Accor hotel (in Asia-Pacific)"
"OK yes please book me such and such"
"Oh sorry I can't do that, you have to pay first and find out afterwards if the room is available"
"No thanks, goodbye"
it can be a good product if you use it well or have a steady stream of predicted stays. For the Singapore price of $438(renewal price) and $478(new sign up), you just need to get $250 worth of value for one of the complimentary nights to make the sign up worth it.
There are red hot room rates where some of the rooms are on big discount as well. Once again you can only experience such discounts once you paid.
I can understand what you mean as you are not paying for guaranteed benefits but the value you get is relative and depends on how you utilize the product.
I am still happy to pay the inflated price as it did save me at least $800 over the course of the year excluding value gained for complimentary nights.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:42 pm

Not sure if it is due to errors in the website but i was looking thru bookings using my accor plus account for pullman Hong Kong from 2-6 Nov.
The lowest cateogry i could book was the Premium deluxe room at $1424.86 SGD for 4 nights.
Using an account that was not signed in, i could book the classic room at $1299.13sgd for the same dates.
Are we penalised as Accor plus members? Anyone have similar encounters?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 1:09 am

Did anyone complete an online survey on Accor plus (sent by email) and have successfully have 500 rewards points credited?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
I made Plat in 2017 (with >60 nights) but won't be able to requalify in 2018 (will likely end up with 45 nights and short on points as well). Currently not an A+ member.

1.) Am I correct in thinking that by joining A+ in November, I will retain Plat until October of 2019?

2.) If so, what would be the cheapest A+ to join?

3.) Do I need to have a mailing address in the country in which I join?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:01 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Did anyone complete an online survey on Accor plus (sent by email) and have successfully have 500 rewards points credited?
I had completely forgotten about that survey! I have not received my points for it.
I can't find the email in my inbox, I guess I deleted it. Did the email state how long it would take for the points to be posted? I can't even remember which month that email was sent to me.
Has anyone else received their points for this survey?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by 1flyer
I made Plat in 2017 (with >60 nights) but won't be able to requalify in 2018 (will likely end up with 45 nights and short on points as well). Currently not an A+ member.

1.) Am I correct in thinking that by joining A+ in November, I will retain Plat until October of 2019?

2.) If so, what would be the cheapest A+ to join?

3.) Do I need to have a mailing address in the country in which I join?
1) according to accorplus website explaination, yes you will get status extension.
2) could be indonesia or thailand. my account is with a+ malaysia, rate is MYR 650 / year with 1 stayplus.
3) yes, they will need a local address upon signing up, you need to find local people that can help you with the receiving.
1flyer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Hi jiunsoh,

Thank you for your reply. This is super-helpful! Right now, I'm thinking it might be easiest if I have them send it to one of the hotels I will be staying at in Asia.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 4:28 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by 1flyer
Hi jiunsoh,

Thank you for your reply. This is super-helpful! Right now, I'm thinking it might be easiest if I have them send it to one of the hotels I will be staying at in Asia.
unless there has been a change of policy, I am almost certain they do not allow this.

I think you need to find someone to send the card to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.