Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
If you consider that the main benefit is the dining benefit, it makes sense. With the FRHI acquisition, there are now 4 additional properties in Singapore to dine at.

In Australia there is only the swissotel in Sydney.
Well if that the case, then Indonesia membership should also increase close to SG right? There are at least 3 FRHI in Indonesia, Fairmont Jakarta, Raffless Jakarta and Fairmont Bali, as far as I can recall.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by kaffir76
I think Indonesian A+ members get only 1 Stay+ night for their membership, that's what my friend said & he redeemed it at Novotel Stevens Road 2 mths ago when he came to visit
Anyhow, if A+ isn't working out for you, just move on to another program ...
I find Hilton Gold benefits to be pretty good & they have ongoing status matches + VISA fast track promotions
My friend has confirmed it is 2 nights complimentary. The price has gone up to 3.25mil like someone has mentioend. but this is only $300 compare to $478 in Singapore
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by lingua101
My friend has confirmed it is 2 nights complimentary. The price has gone up to 3.25mil like someone has mentioend. but this is only $300 compare to $478 in Singapore
Renewing is $448 in Singapore. Worth it if you book the 2 complimentary nights at the right hotel.
Also good for platinum members to continue the status if you do not have enough nights.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
Renewing is $448 in Singapore. Worth it if you book the 2 complimentary nights at the right hotel.
Also good for platinum members to continue the status if you do not have enough nights.
well it is still 50% more than the new package IN Indonesia
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
well it is still 50% more than the new package IN Indonesia
Dont make me more jealous than I already am!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:54 pm

Dont make me more jealous than I already am!
Not sure what did I do to make you jealous.

I am also based in Singapore and that's why I am very unhappy!!!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:41 pm

Not sure what did I do to make you jealous.

I am also based in Singapore and that's why I am very unhappy!!!
ah i see, i thought you are based in Indonesia. Lets have a beer/whisky/wine and ponder how we can game the system someday. Given the right circumstances, we might be able to get sufficient value back albeit more difficult than last year. I did managed to get more than what i paid for the membership fee for the 2 stayplus and also plenty of red hot room deals.
At the renewal price, i think i can still get more value than what i paid for it.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I tend to make use of the food vouchers at Sofitels. I have savings more than $400 per membership year. I find that good value.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by cowism
I tend to make use of the food vouchers at Sofitels. I have savings more than $400 per membership year. I find that good value.
I save $200+ the last time i was dining in Sofitel too. It is not difficult to extract value from the plus membership. Managed to save $100+ and $300+ while dining in Fairmont just last month too.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:54 am

ah i see, i thought you are based in Indonesia. Lets have a beer/whisky/wine and ponder how we can game the system someday. Given the right circumstances, we might be able to get sufficient value back albeit more difficult than last year. I did managed to get more than what i paid for the membership fee for the 2 stayplus and also plenty of red hot room deals.
At the renewal price, i think i can still get more value than what i paid for it.
I have decided not to renew this year. If I want to rejoin, I will get it from Indonesia
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:04 am

I save $200+ the last time i was dining in Sofitel too. It is not difficult to extract value from the plus membership. Managed to save $100+ and $300+ while dining in Fairmont just last month too.
that's provided you do the dining. I hardly dine in that fancy place. If I "force" myself to dine in such a place. I am not saving $200 but rather spend $200 extra.

For me, the value of Accor Plus card is on that 2 nights complimentary voucher. I value it no more than $150/night. Hence the comp nights itself value $300 for me. Of course being member you will get extra 5%. Hence I will value this at max $100. Anything goes beyond $400 is way to expensive to me.

Not to mention, now adays, it is almost impossible to book hotel such as Sofitel Nusa Dua using complimentary night.

So it this card becoming like Dining card like other hotel cards?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:51 am

that's provided you do the dining. I hardly dine in that fancy place. If I "force" myself to dine in such a place. I am not saving $200 but rather spend $200 extra.

For me, the value of Accor Plus card is on that 2 nights complimentary voucher. I value it no more than $150/night. Hence the comp nights itself value $300 for me. Of course being member you will get extra 5%. Hence I will value this at max $100. Anything goes beyond $400 is way to expensive to me.

Not to mention, now adays, it is almost impossible to book hotel such as Sofitel Nusa Dua using complimentary night.

So it this card becoming like Dining card like other hotel cards?
I stayed at Sofitel Nusa Dua and So Sofitel Singapore for my 2 stayplus this year. Both around $200+ properties including tax. Paid $378 for my plus membership. I am not sure why you will value it at only $150/night. Adding 5% also does not seem fair as you should compare against original rate (non member). There are lots of value to be extracted from it if you use it well in my opinion.

If you can renew in it Indonesia, i think you should. Please also teach me how as I understand an address will be needed.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:09 am

I stayed at Sofitel Nusa Dua and So Sofitel Singapore for my 2 stayplus this year. Both around $200+ properties including tax. Paid $378 for my plus membership. I am not sure why you will value it at only $150/night. Adding 5% also does not seem fair as you should compare against original rate (non member). There are lots of value to be extracted from it if you use it well in my opinion.

If you can renew in it Indonesia, i think you should. Please also teach me how as I understand an address will be needed.
I know Sofitel Nusa Dua price is around $200. But like I said nowadays, can you book complimentary night at Sofitel Nusa Dua? If I cannot even find any free night in Sofitel Nusa Dua then it is out of the question.

I know Sofitel Singapore cost more than $250, but I do not need to stay in hotel in Singapore hence it is out of quetion.

Not to mention also that it is very hard to get Pullman in HK using the voucher, you may end up staying at Novotel anyway

If it is equal then I may as well pay the hotel price right? This is why I come up with $150 value. Of course this is very subjective.

I have no issue with an address in Indonesia
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:16 am

I know Sofitel Nusa Dua price is around $200. But like I said nowadays, can you book complimentary night at Sofitel Nusa Dua? If I cannot even find any free night in Sofitel Nusa Dua then it is out of the question.

I know Sofitel Singapore cost more than $250, but I do not need to stay in hotel in Singapore hence it is out of quetion.

Not to mention also that it is very hard to get Pullman in HK using the voucher, you may end up staying at Novotel anyway

If it is equal then I may as well pay the hotel price right? This is why I come up with $150 value. Of course this is very subjective.

I have no issue with an address in Indonesia
If the sole purpose is to redeem the 2 free nights then i agree, paying $448 is not worth it. If you do not have any use for the rest of the benefits then it is useless to you.
It will be an easy decision to go for it in Indonesia. Just be prepared to face issues with your status when leaving the plus program. I understand there are many people with issues to reflect the correct status with they leave the program.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:54 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
What is this talk of vouchers? I'm assuming that since I renew in Australia, all I get is my card? I've never gotten any vouchers upon renewal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.