Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:28 am

Anyone know about the pricing of Accor Plus in Malaysia or Indonesia?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by tboons
Anyone know about the pricing of Accor Plus in Malaysia or Indonesia?
I’m a newcomer to AccorPlus joining in Malaysia about 5 weeks ago for RM 720.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:26 pm

Yep. I just realised that there is no more free breakfast vouchers.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
trying to decide if it's worthwhile to get this membership :

I stay in Accor Hotels around 5 nights a year mainly in Australia. Looking at the MY membership of RM720, I might be able to get it back using the free night voucher (how bad are the restrictions on dates/property?).

Specially for Malaysia / Singapore:

How are the discounted room rates for Club access ?

Any particularly good restaurant where the 50% dining benefit would come in handy ?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by wantan
trying to decide if it's worthwhile to get this membership :

I stay in Accor Hotels around 5 nights a year mainly in Australia. Looking at the MY membership of RM720, I might be able to get it back using the free night voucher (how bad are the restrictions on dates/property?).

Specially for Malaysia / Singapore:

How are the discounted room rates for Club access ?

Any particularly good restaurant where the 50% dining benefit would come in handy ?

Are you based in Malaysia?

# Free night #
no restriction for both Malaysia and Singapore properties, but all subject to room availability. Normally hot properties are all 3 sofitels in Singapore, those you need to book very early ahead. For properties in Malaysia normally people won't book using free night because not worth it.

# discounted club access? #
No such thing. You can book club room taking advantage of a+ member rate (additional 10percent off ) or red hot room sale.
If you want to book basic room but add on club access at hotel, I don't think they will provide discount for a+

# dining in malaysia #
Sofitel KL - all day dining restaurant, Chinese restaurant, and nizza( a fine dining restaurant) all 3 restaurants honor up to 50percent

Pullman KLCC - only Japanese restaurant and all day dining restaurant can get discount, Chinese restaurant only 20percent.

Pavilion hotel and banyan tree hotel - 50percent OK

Mercure selayang - 50percent

Mercure shaw (the restaurant is not open all day, but if they open 50percent yes)

Ibis klcc - only 15percent for a+
Ibis styles Fraser and Sri damansara = 50percent

Novotel klcc- 50percent
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Went to Raffles Jakarta Arts cafe yesterday and was told A+ dining benefit is not available there.
They do have other discount promotions if paying with certain local cards.
jiunsoh likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:22 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Went to Raffles Jakarta Arts cafe yesterday and was told A+ dining benefit is not available there.
They do have other discount promotions if paying with certain local cards.
The Raffles brand as a whole does not participate in Accor Plus.
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
Are you based in Malaysia?

# Free night #
no restriction for both Malaysia and Singapore properties, but all subject to room availability. Normally hot properties are all 3 sofitels in Singapore, those you need to book very early ahead. For properties in Malaysia normally people won't book using free night because not worth it.

# discounted club access? #
No such thing. You can book club room taking advantage of a+ member rate (additional 10percent off ) or red hot room sale.
If you want to book basic room but add on club access at hotel, I don't think they will provide discount for a+

# dining in malaysia #
Sofitel KL - all day dining restaurant, Chinese restaurant, and nizza( a fine dining restaurant) all 3 restaurants honor up to 50percent

Pullman KLCC - only Japanese restaurant and all day dining restaurant can get discount, Chinese restaurant only 20percent.

Pavilion hotel and banyan tree hotel - 50percent OK

Mercure selayang - 50percent

Mercure shaw (the restaurant is not open all day, but if they open 50percent yes)

Ibis klcc - only 15percent for a+
Ibis styles Fraser and Sri damansara = 50percent

Novotel klcc- 50percent
thanks ! Do i need to bring the physical card along with me or is there an app ?

Also is the membership on 12 months basis, so is it better to buy in Q4 to get an extra few months ?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:40 pm

thanks ! Do i need to bring the physical card along with me or is there an app ?

Also is the membership on 12 months basis, so is it better to buy in Q4 to get an extra few months ?
you can show digital card in app.

membership is 12mth from the sign up month.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:46 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
[QUOTE=wantan;31858804]trying to decide if it's worthwhile to get this membership :

I stay in Accor Hotels around 5 nights a year mainly in Australia. Looking at the MY membership of RM720, I might be able to get it back using the free night voucher (how bad are the restrictions on dates/property?)
/QUOTE]
I found the restrictions to be very bad. Even looking 9 months in advance, I only was able to find a few nights available at the Sofitel properties in Singapore, and those were mid-week. There was nothing closer in. I found the same problem at other high priced properties across Asia.
I'd value the certificate at $120 - you'll have to be very flexible and book well in advance to get much more out of it...
hotel_user likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:12 am

received a message today that Accor Plus is going for RM576 instead of RM720 ... signed up !
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:57 am

Programs: CX MPC
received a message today that Accor Plus is going for RM576 instead of RM720 ... signed up !
Is that with the complimentary night - "Stay Plus" or whatever they now call it included?

I don't know about Malaysia, but in some countries you can get a lower rate for Accor Plus that doesn't include the free room.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:57 am

Can you share the message here? I have some friends interested.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Chris Blunt
Is that with the complimentary night - "Stay Plus" or whatever they now call it included?

I don't know about Malaysia, but in some countries you can get a lower rate for Accor Plus that doesn't include the free room.
last year accorplus Malaysia did a "cyber sale" partner with Citibank to offer 20percent discount, vouchers and stay plus are the same as normal price member, so I assume a+ does offer discount from time to time especially now a really difficult time for travel industries
Old May 27, 2020, 7:20 pm
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
I just noticed in the T&Cs that while the Orient Express brand will be ALL-participating, it will not be participating in Accor Plus, like the Raffles brand. Disappointing.

If the hotels or brands do not want to offer dining discounts and Stay Plus benefits, thats disappointing but fine - however, it is the Member's Rate exclusion that frustrates me:

1. The ALL program has the ALL Member's Rate discount of between 2-10% - this is for the FREE program. Raffles hotels outside of APAC participate in this scheme.
2. The ALL Member's Rate does not apply in APAC, presumably due to the Accor Plus Member's Rate discount being in this region
3. However, hotels and brands that elect to not participate in Accor Plus are opting out of providing the Accor Plus Member's Rate, while also being excluded from providing the ALL Member's Rate.
4. These hotels, which includes all the Orient Express hotels, Raffles hotels and non-Accor Plus participating hotels, such as the Fairmont Shanghai Peace Hotel, only need to provide public rates

I could be alone in this frustration, but I just feel that if an APAC hotel is going to participate in the ALL program but opt out of Accor Plus, it should at least offer the ALL Member's Rate that are provided at over 3,000 properties outside of APAC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.