Search

Accor Plus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:10 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
What is this talk of vouchers? I'm assuming that since I renew in Australia, all I get is my card? I've never gotten any vouchers upon renewal.
You usually get (in SE Asia) some dining vouchers (10pax at 50% off; birthday cake, a "be a accor+ member for a day" voucher you can gift someone...)
Maelstrom likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theaugbunnies
Renewing is $448 in Singapore. Worth it if you book the 2 complimentary nights at the right hotel.
Also good for platinum members to continue the status if you do not have enough nights.
I got my Accor Platinum extended last year when I renewd my Accor Plus but read in the T&C that the status earned the year before renewing (when I earned my Paltinum the hard way) could be extended.

My Accor Plus expires in a few months and I have not requalified for Platinum by spend/stays this time. Do we have enough datapoints to confirm that the status is extended if the Accor Plus is renewed?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by Dachshund
I got my Accor Platinum extended last year when I renewd my Accor Plus but read in the T&C that the status earned the year before renewing (when I earned my Paltinum the hard way) could be extended.

My Accor Plus expires in a few months and I have not requalified for Platinum by spend/stays this time. Do we have enough datapoints to confirm that the status is extended if the Accor Plus is renewed?
I did not have enough nights for Gold to retain when i signed up for Accor plus. My Gold status is maintained during the time I am in Accor plus. I also got platinum this year through fast track but do not have enough nights until the expiry of my accor plus this year. Renewing the Accor plus should see me extend my platinum status until the expiry of my Accor plus membership when i renew this year.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
What is this talk of vouchers? I'm assuming that since I renew in Australia, all I get is my card? I've never gotten any vouchers upon renewal.
If it is in my post, read it as complimentary night. I have been restraining myself to write it as "voucher" and use "complimentary night".

In the olden day, the complimentary night comes in the form of (transferable) voucher.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I also got platinum this year through fast track but do not have enough nights until the expiry of my accor plus this year.

how to get fast track?
Firsttime4me2 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Accor Plus platinium, Marriott silver, GHA platinium, Hhonors Gold, Krisflyer Silver
I had gold status in Accor and Fairmont was merging with Accor. The mid tier status (Premier) only require 5 nights. Gives me $50 USD in vouchers for food/spa and also confirmed suite upgrades in Fairmont. When they merged, Accor gold + Fairmont Premier gives me Accor Platinum. Easy hack! This is not available for anyone to try anymore though.

I did not get my gold status through staying as well. I guess people who earned their status through stays must hate people like me.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:09 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Okay, I'm confused: What is this Accor Plus all about? Can somebody enlighten me?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Okay, I'm confused: What is this Accor Plus all about? Can somebody enlighten me?
Google will be better to answer your question. But long story short, it is a paid program that grants u 50% off dining and instant silver status among other perks.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:17 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Google will be better to answer your question. But long story short, it is a paid program that grants u 50% off dining and instant silver status among other perks.
So do I get it right that Le Club Accor does have an additional paid program where you get better perks than the other non paying "normal" LeClub members, even if they have higher status?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:36 am

just renewed my accorplus membership in Indonesia..
with bundling promo, 2 member at IDR 5.44mil (~180USD each)
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Accor Plus Survey

Just received this in my email few hours ago. Did you guys receive the same survey?

For those who did not receive, is there anything that you want me to feedback on your behalf?

Dear Happy,

As a valued VIP member of Accor Plus you’ve been selected to feedback on some exciting new ideas and initiatives we’re exploring for our program in 2019 and beyond.

How? Simply link through and complete our short 4-5 minute online survey.

Complete the survey and as a VIP member you’ll have the opportunity to be the first to experience the initiatives we’re creating, all designed so you can ‘Experience More’.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dachshund

Update: I asked Accorplus Sinagspore about my status and was told that I would step down to silver if I renewed. Bad news.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:22 am

I had another look at the terms and it seems getting downgrade is possible.
"Toggle navigationToggle user menu

Your
Le Club AccorHotels Status Tier Calculation

Learn more about your
Le Club AccorHotels Status

At the start of every new calendar year on the 1st of January, all members of Le Club AccorHotels, including Accor Plus members, Status Points and Status Nights will be reset to zero.

As an Accor Plus member your Le Club AccorHotels Status Tier will be assessed based on your eligible stays and expenditure in the full previous calendar year(2017) or from the beginning of the current year (2018) to the time of renewal, whichever is the most favourable to you.

For non Accor Plus members, the Le Club AccorHotels Status is based on their activity during a calendar year (January to December) only.

Renewal of your Accor Plus Membership

If you have been upgraded to Gold or Platinum Statusas a result of Status Points or Status Nights activity, as an Accor Plus member you will enjoy your upgraded status for longer.

If an Accor Plus member is upgraded to a superior Status tier during the year, the Accor Plus member will retain this Status tier at the time of the next Accor Plus membership renewal, as long as the member renews on time.

For example, if you joined Accor Plus in March 2017 and were upgraded to Gold in June 2017, then on your renewal in March 2018 you will retain Gold Status based on your Status Points/Nights earned in 2017.

If you do not maintain your status level

If you have not upgraded to a new Status tier within the period of your current membership, upon your next renewal you will be assessed for your Le Club AccorHotels Status tier.

In the example above:
  • The member joined/renewed Accor Plus in June 2017 and was upgraded to Gold Status in October 2017.
  • The member retained Gold Status when their membership was renewed in June 2018 as their 2017 calendar year Status Points/Nights activity was more favourable to them than their Status Points/Nights activity in January – June 2018.
  • In June 2019 the member was assessed again and because they did not earn the required Status Points to re-qualify as Gold Status in either January – December 2018 or January – June 2019 they are downgraded to Silver status."
From the terms of the merger, my status will be valid until Dec 2019 so I am not so worried.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
So do I get it right that Le Club Accor does have an additional paid program where you get better perks than the other non paying "normal" LeClub members, even if they have higher status?
No.
You get dining discount when you stay and also when you simply dine at AccorHotels in APAC. It's meant for members to dine at for corporate or leisure purpose in their home town or when traveling.
Additionally you get 1 or 2 free night vouchers for properties in APAC. (1 or 2 depending in which country you sign up)
Additionally if you are a Accor+ member, you are accorded a minimum status of silver in LCAH.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:43 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
As someone else said, looking at the Accor Plus website will yield better information, but I'll give you a quick introduction.

It is a paid yearly subscription for Accor members in the Asia Pacific region only, and includes some of the following benefits:
  • Automatic silver level membership within Le Club
  • Up to 50% off food when dining (not applicable to room service).
    • One member dining alone gets 25% discount, member + 1 is 50% discount, member + 2 is 33% discount, member + 3 is 25% discount, etc etc.
    • In Australia, New Zealand and ?Fiji? (unsure) only you can use multiple A+ cards per table. For example, two A+ cards on a table of 5 pax would be a 40% food discount
  • 15% beverage discount (Asia only)
  • One or two complimentary night stays (depending on the region in which the membership is purchased)
Prices vary wildly between regions, as does some bonus inclusions. As posted above, some south east Asian members receive dining vouchers, or birthday cake vouchers when they join/renew. In Australia, I get nothing other than my membership for my renewals.

There are also A+ member only events and experiences available to participate in.

Last edited by Maelstrom; Sep 5, 2018 at 7:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.