Accor Plus

Old May 30, 2017, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_
A bit off topic, but could someone briefly explain me the buisness model of A+.
Even if I do not value the free night which seems to be hard to use, the food and beverage discount make it really worth for user. How can A+ take value from that ?

Thanks
I presume that Accor feel it will drive business to them.

As an IHG and SPG long-time Platinum member and Accor nobody who purchased AccorPlus last year my paid night counts this year so far are SPG 5 , IHG 2, Accor 47. I don't know that there is lots of profit in me but there is certainly lots of added revenue
Old May 30, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Jeff_
A bit off topic, but could someone briefly explain me the buisness model of A+.
Even if I do not value the free night which seems to be hard to use, the food and beverage discount make it really worth for user. How can A+ take value from that ?

Thanks

Free nights is not really hard to use.

Of course there are favourite hotels that every one wants to redeem and hence you need to plan for it.

I have no issue to use the free nights at many hotels. Sofitel So Bangkok, Sofitel Sukhumvit, Sofitel Nusa Dua, Sofitel Legend Hanoi, Novotel Nathan.

That's the list that I can remember of heads. Sofitel Sukhumvit and Nusa Dua I have done it multiple times.

I have a booking for Sofitel Luang Prabang in August. Yes, now hard to move the date. But 3Naga still widely avail.

Like anything free, you just need to plan for it.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Accor Silver, Krisflyer, IHG Gold
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Accor+ / Le Club Membership. I purchased A+ membership on Feb 2016, and I had actually qualified to become gold membership based on points (10k points) on Nov 2016. As I am not going to use many Accor hotels for this year, I decided to terminate my Accor+ membership when it expired on Feb 2017.

However my membership was dropped to Silver after they reverted my A+ to Le Club. Is this the correct way? Meaning my membership is only valid for merely 4 months. As I understand, once status is obtained in 2016, it will last through Dec 2017.

I have made a call to A+ CS in Singapore and they said they couldn't help with it as now they no longer have access on my account and advised me to call Le Club CS. I did call Le Club CS and they were clueless as well, they told me now the qualification is based on status points and hence based on status points I am only silver now. But I insisted that the CS that status points is only implemented on 2017 and hence my status in 2016 is purely based on points only. And then they suggested that A+ stay and points were not the same with Le Club and advised me to A+ CS. Both sides were passing the ball and unwilling to help and it is really frustrating as I really made stay on my personal money to qualify as a gold in 2016.

Appreciate if anyone can advice on this matter. Thanks.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:01 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by stahnaileron77
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Accor+ / Le Club Membership. I purchased A+ membership on Feb 2016, and I had actually qualified to become gold membership based on points (10k points) on Nov 2016. As I am not going to use many Accor hotels for this year, I decided to terminate my Accor+ membership when it expired on Feb 2017.

However my membership was dropped to Silver after they reverted my A+ to Le Club. Is this the correct way? Meaning my membership is only valid for merely 4 months. As I understand, once status is obtained in 2016, it will last through Dec 2017.

I have made a call to A+ CS in Singapore and they said they couldn't help with it as now they no longer have access on my account and advised me to call Le Club CS. I did call Le Club CS and they were clueless as well, they told me now the qualification is based on status points and hence based on status points I am only silver now. But I insisted that the CS that status points is only implemented on 2017 and hence my status in 2016 is purely based on points only. And then they suggested that A+ stay and points were not the same with Le Club and advised me to A+ CS. Both sides were passing the ball and unwilling to help and it is really frustrating as I really made stay on my personal money to qualify as a gold in 2016.

Appreciate if anyone can advice on this matter. Thanks.
Technically, you are correct. But I am not sure who can help you. gilbertaue, can you help?

I think there is some posting is some other threat. you may want to do some search.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:45 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
You need to contact Accor+ and push them. The onus is on them to reinstate your status to what it was - and that involves THEM contacting and chasing LCAH on your behalf.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
i think we all missed this on accor plus, will be drop from platinum to silver missed Gold by 1 stay. only found this lately.

https://www.accorplus.com/~/media/fi...s_2017_gb.ashx
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
About downgrading status.

I was Accor+ and achieved Gold last year. I renewed this year and found myself in the situation where they opened me a new account and "released", if you like, my old Gold account to LCAH, and downgraded it to Silver.

After some pushing I had the new account closed, the old account reinstated to Accor+ with Gold status, valid for a year from renewal (not calendar).

When the Accor+ membership expires it seems to lock the account (you cannot book or redeem points through it). When it is "released" to LCAH you get an email. I did contact LCAH CS but Accor+ requisitioned the account before they could help.

I advise you go through Accor+ CS in your country. It seems they have tiers, whereby some countries report to others (so PHL reports to China, for example). If you are one of these lower tier countries it may take longer to resolve. Initially Accor+ said I wasn't entitled to keep my gold status but they backtracked on that eventually. It may take some time to get through and be prepared for some quirky English if you have to report through an non-English speaking hub.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:42 am

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I have contacted Accor Plus CS in Singapore by email (responded by Andrew) and call Gina (sales agent that sold me the membership) again regarding this issue.

They were reluctant and refused to help by telling me nothing they can do to help. She even told me that since I was no longer member with them, I must settle this myself with Le Club and then she tried to just end the call. This is the worst CS i have ever encountered and I definitely hv lost faith in Accor Plus. Had I not purchase Accor Plus membership in the first place, I would never encounter this kind of membership transfer and lose the status.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:28 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Hi stahnaileron77​​​​​​,

No guarantees, but I have tried to see if I can help you by reaching out to Accor+ for you. Rgds
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Hi stahnaileron77​​​​​​,

No guarantees, but I have tried to see if I can help you by reaching out to Accor+ for you. Rgds
Hi Gilbertaue, thank you for your kind help!
Old Jun 20, 2017, 6:50 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stahnaileron77
I must settle this myself with Le Club and then she tried to just end the call. This is the worst CS i have ever encountered and I definitely hv lost faith in Accor Plus. Had I not purchase Accor Plus membership in the first place, I would never encounter this kind of membership transfer and lose the status.
Had a very similar experience a year ago. Accor Plus is a great program if you can get value out of it, at the time I did not renew I was not expecting many hotel stays for the next year and thus couldn't see the point. The way the processes are handled, it's like Accor doesn't not want to know you full stop.

Three months later after getting help from a local Accor plus rep to restore my status, my employment changed to one where I spend every night in a hotel. Where I spend those nights is a choice I have, and the experience I went through almost saw me turned off Accor forever. That's around about 100 subsequent nights revenue they almost lost due to poor systems and processes.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 7:09 am

I am surprised that AccorConcierge has not stepped in to try to resolve this issue as it seems to be a recurrent customer service failure involving what are likely to be Accor's most frequent stayers in the Asia Pacific.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I am surprised that AccorConcierge has not stepped in to try to resolve this issue as it seems to be a recurrent customer service failure involving what are likely to be Accor's most frequent stayers in the Asia Pacific.
Accor+ is a separate entity to LCAH with different management. LCAH CS can't touch Accor+ accounts it seems.

About the stuck account - just try asking Accor+ to release your account to LCAH (email is probably best) and then pursue with LCAH as you will have evidence of meeting the qualification criteria. It seems that when Accor+ release your account, status is based on the year it is released in (not the previous year). I'm told it's a "computer says" analogy. I doubt Accor+ would (or can) upgrade the status of a released account as it's not their property.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Accor+ is a separate entity to LCAH with different management. LCAH CS can't touch Accor+ accounts it seems.
They are not unrelated entities and they clearly communicate internally with each other when someone joins AccorPlus so there is no reason why they cannot communicate with each other when someone leaves AccorPlus and there is no reason to believe that LCAH CS including their representative here can't facilitate resolution of this recurrent problem if they chose to.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:43 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ahopkins767

About the stuck account - just try asking Accor+ to release your account to LCAH (email is probably best) and then pursue with LCAH as you will have evidence of meeting the qualification criteria. It seems that when Accor+ release your account, status is based on the year it is released in (not the previous year). I'm told it's a "computer says" analogy. I doubt Accor+ would (or can) upgrade the status of a released account as it's not their property.
your sales rep would be able to help you out there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.