Search

New hotel openings 2016

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by JTCz
A Pullman opened in Tangshan in China, taking residence in a ... castle!
Well sort of a castle, as found frequently in China we are talking here some gaudy pastiche.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: LeClubAccorhotels Platinum, M&M FTL
Truly so, but wasn't Grand Mercure founded for just that kind of thing?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Truly so, but wasn't Grand Mercure founded for just that kind of thing?
Are you suggesting Grand Mercure is specialized in kitsch design?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Oh no, they are all so very tasteful - just using the local Chinese definition of tastefulness

In fairness - I have found the flagship Grand Mercure Zhongya in Shanghai to actually up the game in terms of design refinement vs the usually gaudy Shanghai hotels, and many other properties in the chain seem quite refined, but generally detail overload, "historic" or "heritage" design cues etc. are at home at Mei Jue, and absolutely not at the minimalistic Pullman.

I am not waiting for one of the Eurodisney hotels to be rebranded as Pullman, and perhaps another as Novotel...
Old Apr 9, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Club - Platinum
Went to check out the Ibis Styles in Singapore on its opening day.

First impressions: http://iwandered.net/2016/04/08/ibis...on-macpherson/

Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:12 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vogriphach
Went to check out the Ibis Styles in Singapore on its opening day.

First impressions: http://iwandered.net/2016/04/08/ibis...on-macpherson/

Thanks. But instead of linking your website (which you seem to constantly do), why don't you start a new thread, call it the Ibis Styles Singapore and then post a little review like everyone else.
You can always have your link in the signature.
I'm on FT for the sake of FT, not for the sake of click-bait.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 2:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

BTW, the long-awaited Pullman Riga is now appearing quietly on accorhotels.com with opening apparently scheduled for July.

This is a first new Pullman opening for Orbis, Accor's Polish subsidiary, since they have taken over the entire Eastern European region. In another weird branding choice, this hotel is actually in a low-rise palatial historic tenement in Riga's old town, but was made to look in line with other modern Pullmans.

From what I understood from conversations with local Accor staff, it seems that they need an official acknowledgement from Paris for each "new" brand, and had trouble getting an MGallery green light for this property, but could somehow get a pass on Pullman since there is a (terribly antiquated) Pullman in Bucharest...
Old Apr 10, 2016, 3:30 pm

BTW, the long-awaited Pullman Riga is now appearing quietly on accorhotels.com with opening apparently scheduled for July.

This is a first new Pullman opening for Orbis, Accor's Polish subsidiary, since they have taken over the entire Eastern European region. In another weird branding choice, this hotel is actually in a low-rise palatial historic tenement in Riga's old town, but was made to look in line with other modern Pullmans.

From what I understood from conversations with local Accor staff, it seems that they need an official acknowledgement from Paris for each "new" brand, and had trouble getting an MGallery green light for this property, but could somehow get a pass on Pullman since there is a (terribly antiquated) Pullman in Bucharest...
I have kept an eye on this hotel on the website because I was curious to find out when the bookings openend and how much this hotel would cost. However, (at this moment) the hotel disappeared from the website and the accor map, when you google the property you get an error message on both the accor and the pullman website.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 7:53 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

PabloM you will like this news. Adelaide has started Construction on its first purpose built Sofitel on Currie St. Will open in 2018. I'm really looking forward to this. Will mostly likely end up as THE hotel in good 'ol Ad.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:06 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
PabloM you will like this news. Adelaide has started Construction on its first purpose built Sofitel on Currie St. Will open in 2018. I'm really looking forward to this. Will mostly likely end up as THE hotel in good 'ol Ad.
Don't tease me like this gilbertaue
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:27 pm
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PabloM
Don't tease me like this gilbertaue
All my pleasure
Good base for me too when I head back to meet the folks.
Old May 12, 2016, 6:14 am
Accor 25+ Badge

MGallery in Netanya, Israel

BT:

Accorhotels has opened the first properties under its MGallery by Sofitel brand in Israel and Brazil.

The 75-room David Tower Hotel Netanya MGallery by Sofitel opens this month, and is located on King David Street overlooking the Israeli Riviera.

Features include a swimming pool, Turkish bath, sauna, restaurant and “cozy library corner” where guests can order patisseries and tea....
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by paul00
Sofitel Haikou (scheduled to open in August 2016): http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-7970...16/index.shtml
The opening of Sofitel Haikou has been delayed until March 2017 according to the official website: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-7970...17/index.shtml

Also, Sofitel Frankfurt Opera is scheduled to open in October 2016: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-8159...16/index.shtml
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:48 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Sofitel Noosa (Australia)

Sheraton Noosa Resort and Spa to rebrand to Sofitel

http://www.spicenews.com.au/2016/06/...nd-to-sofitel/
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:19 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor Live Limitless, Accor Plus, World Of Hyatt
Mercure Singapore Bugis just opened on 1st June 2016. It even has an executive lounge. Room rates right now are affordable and starting around SGD$140+ per night.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...is/index.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.