FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   Finally! A real promo from Accor (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1613143-finally-real-promo-accor.html)

zehbra Oct 2, 2014 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ups (Post 23614850)
Are the bonus points posting with the standard points? If not, how many days is it taking, from experience of those who have already received these?

Got all of it at once (standard + double asia points + this bonus), whenever the hotel feels like posting the points (3 days after check out for the first 1000 points; still waiting after 5 days on the second stay, same hotel).

edit: second stay credited after 6 days, again, normal points, get double and this promo credited all at the same time

ups Oct 3, 2014 3:04 am

Great, thanks for the info!

JTCz Oct 3, 2014 4:15 am

I have just been credited with an obscene amount of points, so I think this worked. Yay for Accor! I am almost Platinum now, can't wait till the end of October for my even larger in-room chocolate truffles and more dedicated handwritten notes!

PabloM Oct 3, 2014 5:18 am

Originally Posted by JTCz (Post 23619595)
I have just been credited with an obscene amount of points, so I think this worked. Yay for Accor! I am almost Platinum now, can't wait till the end of October for my even larger in-room chocolate truffles and more dedicated handwritten notes!

Man, are you setting yourself up for disappointment!!! :D

Well done

zehbra Oct 3, 2014 6:52 am

Originally Posted by PabloM (Post 23619784)

Well done

Indeed :D no hand-written notes so far, ever. But good chocolates from time to time :)

Even though I haven't read it anywhere: I guess the extra points count towards the status? This really would've been a great for newcomers.. almost instant gold :)

enzo0511 Oct 3, 2014 8:00 am

Originally Posted by PabloM (Post 23619784)

Well done

Originally Posted by zehbra (Post 23620118)
Indeed :D no hand-written notes so far, ever. But good chocolates from time to time :)

Even though I haven't read it anywhere: I guess the extra points count towards the status? This really would've been a great for newcomers.. almost instant gold :)

every time i get a welcome note it's always handwritten ;)

most of the time it comes with a small box of chocolate

in higher hotel brands and depending on location i sometimes get better gifts

champagne, wine, fruit basket, pastries or local stuff

zehbra Oct 3, 2014 8:44 am

Originally Posted by enzo0511 (Post 23620394)
every time i get a welcome note it's always handwritten ;)

most of the time it comes with a small box of chocolate

in higher hotel brands and depending on location i sometimes get better gifts

champagne, wine, fruit basket, pastries or local stuff

Tzzzz, i shall protest :D (and by "no handwritten notes so far" i should've said "no notes at all so far". Fruit basket and/or other goodies have been placed though. can't complain ^).

Is it just me or has Accor really stepped up a notch with promos? I currently see all kinds of promos for plenty of points, both global and more regional.. Would be nice if that'd continue..

JTCz Oct 4, 2014 10:04 am

It does seem to get better, and European hotels seem to have been briefed on the LeClub benefits. Better yet, HotelInvest is buying whole hotel portfolios, so Accor owns more and more of them, which bodes well for standarization. The only thing they need to improve is to offer promo rates with breakfasts.

kcaluwae Oct 5, 2014 9:36 am

Would a stay on New Year's eve count for this promo. It's not quite clear. Title mentions before 31 december, T&C mention until 31 dec.

Logically I would think it would count but it says nowhere if the until is meant to be inclusive or not.

Awesom Andy Oct 5, 2014 10:13 am

I hope this will work out for me. I've made some bookings, but just received an ad email stating that I haven't made any bookings for the promotion. :rolleyes:

zehbra Oct 7, 2014 5:00 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae (Post 23629238)
Would a stay on New Year's eve count for this promo. It's not quite clear. Title mentions before 31 december, T&C mention until 31 dec.

Logically I would think it would count but it says nowhere if the until is meant to be inclusive or not.

If the german pendant to flyertalk is anything to go by, they mean check out until 31st december. So if you stay for new year's eve and check out in January, you MIGHT be out of luck. I'd double check with accor in your case though..

winkny Oct 9, 2014 9:15 am

If my account is set to miles ( not points ) will i receive the bonus from this promo?

ups Oct 10, 2014 7:07 am

Originally Posted by ups (Post 23562762)
From the T&C:

Does anyone have experience if this is enforced with corporate agent bookings? They are not pre-paid, and my experience with other chains (mainly Hilton) is that all bonuses always post but I don't know if Accor will work?

I did get the base points for an Accor stay which was booked via hotels.com last year, but there were no bonus offers at the time.

If Accor won't give bonus points I'm likely to move my stay to IHG or Hilton, but if it does, I'll book with them.

I did do a stay anyway to see if it works, but it didn't, in case anyone else wondered the same thing.

I got my base points, platinum bonus, got offered the platinum benefits (upgrade and welcome drinks), but the bonus from this promo didn't post. The points posted surprisingly fast (appeared the morning after checkout day). I've moved my next booking to Hilton as I can't book directly on their website to take advantage of this offer, unfortunately.

kcaluwae Oct 18, 2014 9:31 am

Originally Posted by zehbra (Post 23638273)
If the german pendant to flyertalk is anything to go by, they mean check out until 31st december. So if you stay for new year's eve and check out in January, you MIGHT be out of luck. I'd double check with accor in your case though..

Checked with customer support and they answered that check-in on 31st is eligible for this promotion. So either they informed me wrong or the German translation is not correct...

zehbra Oct 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by kcaluwae (Post 23696724)
Checked with customer support and they answered that check-in on 31st is eligible for this promotion. So either they informed me wrong or the German translation is not correct...

They informed you correctly i'd guess. I was merely relaying information from a german forum much like flyertalk; not a reliable source in itself :)
Sorry for any confusion!