Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Well Accor is headed by a guy from McDonald's
Ominous, no?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
For quite some time, until I actually made an MGallery booking, I used to read the sub-brand name as McGallery...
I have always read it like that... until now of course...

And on the new name: IMO the name was the only good thing in the program. Simple, short and international. No idea why they wanted to change it (while they had so many other things they could change to improve the program).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: ALL Platinum
Mouvango (France) as partner gone?

So it is March 28th and I had a short look on the all "new" Le Club Accorhotels. Okay, all my points have been transferred. Could have been worse.

I still don't understand the whole thing. The name was multilingual, the card looked better than a lot others and better than the new one. Okay, the benefits were a lot smaller compared with other cards. Think about the years and far more money it costs to get a name remembered in public! One could have gone further with the already somehow established name A-Club ... Ask your friends, who do not travel that much, they will perhaps know the hotel brands (at least in Europe, where Accor is really big) but they will not know the name Accor. So, was the whole change really worth it?

Alors (we now speak french :-)), no changes in benefits, had a look at the partners as well: Mouvango is not to be seen. Mouvango - a very small version of something like the new "Avios" in the UK or the even far bigger "Payback" in Germany. When in France and having lunch or dinner on the l'autoroute at Courtepaille I used to show them my A-Club-card. In recent times far more Courtepaille-staff even knew what to do with this card (1 A-Club point for 2 Euro spent).

Grrr, Accor, for me, this whole name change could be a chapter in one of Stephen Clarke's books...
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Is it just me? I have to say I don't like the new Le Club section on the Accor website at all, all very confusing on where to find programme info and previous stays. Surely this can all be kept on one page?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: Aclub Platinum, Marriot Rewards Silver
They should have at least fixed the Accor mobile website to have a "desktop version" button, as the mobile version is buggy at best on iPhones. I will no longer be able to do anything Accor or AClub/ Le Club related except from laptop which is quite annoying.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:00 am

Is it just me? I have to say I don't like the new Le Club section on the Accor website at all, all very confusing on where to find programme info and previous stays. Surely this can all be kept on one page?
I agree. I very much preferred the old pages. I know that this is the typical reaction for new web pages, but in this case I really took me a while to find my current number of nights and points.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Personally, I like the idea to have everything on single web site/page and a single login/password. OK, it takes a few minutes the 1st time to get used and find the info, but I believe we'll get used to it very quickly
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi tycosiao,

While the name is changing, like you rightly point out, the terms and conditions of the program will remain the same until further notice.
Good to know it's still lousy for now then compared to other programs!
Old Mar 31, 2012, 5:02 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by frechen
So it is March 28th and I had a short look on the all "new" Le Club Accorhotels. Okay, all my points have been transferred. Could have been worse.

I still don't understand the whole thing. The name was multilingual, the card looked better than a lot others and better than the new one. Okay, the benefits were a lot smaller compared with other cards. Think about the years and far more money it costs to get a name remembered in public! One could have gone further with the already somehow established name A-Club ... Ask your friends, who do not travel that much, they will perhaps know the hotel brands (at least in Europe, where Accor is really big) but they will not know the name Accor. So, was the whole change really worth it?

Alors (we now speak french :-)), no changes in benefits, had a look at the partners as well: Mouvango is not to be seen. Mouvango - a very small version of something like the new "Avios" in the UK or the even far bigger "Payback" in Germany. When in France and having lunch or dinner on the l'autoroute at Courtepaille I used to show them my A-Club-card. In recent times far more Courtepaille-staff even knew what to do with this card (1 A-Club point for 2 Euro spent).

Grrr, Accor, for me, this whole name change could be a chapter in one of Stephen Clarke's books...
The entire Mouvango Network seems to have disappeared, the website http://www.mouvango.com/ is down at the moment.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by Enigma
Good to know it's still lousy for now then compared to other programs!
Yeah, there's no point in changing the name if everything else remains.

I do hope that the name change is the first step in improving this program to a better one.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 6:04 pm

Let them use the new name 2 or 3 years, until the next manager will introduce A|Club back or choose a completely new name and design.

Somehow the marketing team has to show what it is paid for.

For the customers, as usual : no change, no improvements.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat., HHonors gold, IHG Plat., Accor gold, IC Amb, Hertz #1 club, Sixt plat.
Originally Posted by frechen

Fully agree. No understanding from my side. Maybe some other changes will come and I revise my opinion.. hope springs eternal
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: ALL Platinum
The entire Mouvango Network seems to have disappeared, the website http://www.mouvango.com/ is down at the moment.
Is it gone forever? When having a look at http://www.courtepaille.com/partenai...-grillades.php
I only see 15% discounts (wow, never heard of this!) for "F1" and "etap" (have you read "etap", not "Ibis budget"!) hotels).
So have they deleted any Mouvango-information or am I just blind?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Accor Concierge
Hi tycosiao,

While the name is changing, like you rightly point out, the terms and conditions of the program will remain the same until further notice.

Please don't hesitate if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Chris
why don't u guys improve the club!? Just add some more benefits for yr best customers (Plat)... just have a look at the competing programs like ICH RA or SPG Plat+...
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Personally, I like the idea to have everything on single web site/page and a single login/password. OK, it takes a few minutes the 1st time to get used and find the info, but I believe we'll get used to it very quickly
I agree with Goldorak on this one (which I have a tendency to do quite a lot - After all he's my flight and hotel mentor). Same happened when AF/KL changed their websites (which in all fairness STILL contain some flaws) but it's just something to get used to ^

On a more serious note, now our beloved A-Club f(l)ora has moved down the list on FT so no longer a quick click but rather scroll and click

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.