FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless-667/)
-   -   A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor-all-accor-live-limitless/1324335-club-will-rename-le-club-accorhotels.html)

chengjq Mar 13, 2012 8:16 am

A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels

http://www.a-club.com/partners/leclub/en/

On March 28, A|Club will become
Le Club Accorhotels
From now on, it's even easier to manage your account and your reservations directly at www.accorhotels.com

JOUY31 Mar 13, 2012 9:32 am

Not unlike Air France, Le Club ;)

starflyergold Mar 13, 2012 9:35 am

Would be the perfect time to introduce some overdue changes to the programme. Name change without improvements = damp squib.

SouthWesterner Mar 13, 2012 1:06 pm

I find it quite interesting that they appear to be fully integrating the "Le Club" functionality into the main accorhotels.com website. Could this lead to the long-awaited ability to book pre-paid rates with points, or would that be too much to hope for?

MELso Mar 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 18191556)
Would be the perfect time to introduce some overdue changes to the programme. Name change without improvements = damp squid.

Squid does tend to be damp (unlike squibs)... ;)

But yes, developing a system to automatically request an upgrade for members would be nice, as would expanding benefits to more of their chains.

I wonder whether it will still be stupidly easy to get Plat status when the change goes through?

starflyergold Mar 14, 2012 1:53 am

:D Damn that spell check :p

nicolas75 Mar 14, 2012 4:15 am

Originally Posted by SouthWesterner (Post 18193251)
I find it quite interesting that they appear to be fully integrating the "Le Club" functionality into the main accorhotels.com website. Could this lead to the long-awaited ability to book pre-paid rates with points, or would that be too much to hope for?

It might be the next move, as Accor clearly set its marketing and loyalty programs to international standards, and is now a seperate company from Edenred (part of the reason to use cheques instead of points).

If Accor improves its Sofitels (more luxurious properties, more destinations, club, pool) and its loyaly programme (like InterContinental Royal Ambassasor), I could be one of their most loyal customers (like the quality of service at Accor hotels, but not a big fan of their design and location).

tycosiao Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm

As the date for the name change is approaching, is there anything improvements to the programme or is it just a name change?

starflyergold Mar 23, 2012 4:30 am

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 18253023)
As the date for the name change is approaching, is there anything improvements to the programme or is it just a name change?

Paging the Accor Concierge ;)

AccorHotels Concierge Mar 23, 2012 7:21 am

Hi tycosiao,

While the name is changing, like you rightly point out, the terms and conditions of the program will remain the same until further notice.

Please don't hesitate if you have any further questions.

Many thanks,

Chris

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 18253023)

RJ77 Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

What's wrong with A Club? I like it. Now it's such a mouthful and frenchy.

starflyergold Mar 23, 2012 9:39 am

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 18257388)
Now it's ... frenchy.

Well that is really not surprising for a French company no? ;)

RJ77 Mar 23, 2012 9:54 am

Might as well go the full way Le Club des hôtels Accor. Le Club Accorhotels is frenchy but not French,yes?:)

starflyergold Mar 23, 2012 11:05 am

Originally Posted by RJ77 (Post 18257608)
Might as well go the full way Le Club des hôtels Accor. Le Club Accorhotels is frenchy but not French,yes?:)

Well Accor is headed by a guy from McDonald's, be glad it's not called McClub :D

IMH Mar 23, 2012 12:28 pm

For quite some time, until I actually made an MGallery booking, I used to read the sub-brand name as McGallery...