FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:36 pm
frechen

Programs: ALL Platinum
Mouvango (France) as partner gone?

So it is March 28th and I had a short look on the all "new" Le Club Accorhotels. Okay, all my points have been transferred. Could have been worse.

I still don't understand the whole thing. The name was multilingual, the card looked better than a lot others and better than the new one. Okay, the benefits were a lot smaller compared with other cards. Think about the years and far more money it costs to get a name remembered in public! One could have gone further with the already somehow established name A-Club ... Ask your friends, who do not travel that much, they will perhaps know the hotel brands (at least in Europe, where Accor is really big) but they will not know the name Accor. So, was the whole change really worth it?

Alors (we now speak french :-)), no changes in benefits, had a look at the partners as well: Mouvango is not to be seen. Mouvango - a very small version of something like the new "Avios" in the UK or the even far bigger "Payback" in Germany. When in France and having lunch or dinner on the l'autoroute at Courtepaille I used to show them my A-Club-card. In recent times far more Courtepaille-staff even knew what to do with this card (1 A-Club point for 2 Euro spent).

Grrr, Accor, for me, this whole name change could be a chapter in one of Stephen Clarke's books...