Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A|Club will rename to Le Club Accorhotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:50 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by MCruler
why don't u guys improve the club!? Just add some more benefits for yr best customers (Plat)... just have a look at the competing programs like ICH RA or SPG Plat+...
Nobody at Accor appears to be listening, anyone remember this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/le-cl...our-views.html

What happened as a result? Nothing! (except having the Accor Concierge here on FT).
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by starflyergold
What happened as a result? Nothing! (except having the Accor Concierge here on FT).
Dieu Anh was very helpful to me. No other hotel or airline took to individual issues like Accor did. Despite the weakness in the program, this one effort was very appreciated and I have continued to stay at Accor.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:28 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
Dieu Anh was very helpful to me. No other hotel or airline took to individual issues like Accor did. Despite the weakness in the program, this one effort was very appreciated and I have continued to stay at Accor.
I absolutely agree, having the Accor Concierge here is very beneficial and I also appreciate the hands on approach of Dieu Anh and now Chris.

The 2009 feedback session clearly identified the need for Accor to be active on FlyerTalk and they did react. Good on them. ^

However it also identified lots of other issues such as lack of perks, points registration, redemption on prepaid rates etc. On those issues no progress has been made. Meanwhile other hotel programmes have evolved, especially at the top level, and A-Club/Le Club has not made one substantive change since it came into being.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
However it also identified lots of other issues such as lack of perks, points registration, redemption on prepaid rates etc. On those issues no progress has been made. Meanwhile other hotel programmes have evolved, especially at the top level, and A-Club/Le Club has not made one substantive change since it came into being.
You mean like the priority check in line that is merely a sign?
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:40 am
Accor 25+ Badge

You mean like the priority check in line that is merely a sign?
They never work in any hotel (Hilton is the same), complete waste of money on signage.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I absolutely agree, having the Accor Concierge here is very beneficial and I also appreciate the hands on approach of Dieu Anh and now Chris.
+1 ^ Dieu Anh and Christopher has done/are doing their best to help us and I really thank them both. We're glad you're here
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:05 pm

The 2009 feedback session clearly identified the need for Accor to be active on FlyerTalk and they did react. Good on them. ^

Yh, he is def beneficial but why the hell doesn't he have any connections to the board or to persons with influence ... he read every day so many stuff which need to be improved but nuffing happens
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got an email at midnight last night (France time) announcing the new name.

Dear Mr Stimpy,
Please be aware that due to changes in the program the only websites that allow you to earn Le Club Accorhotels points are: www.accorhotels.com and Accor brands websites.

See you very soon on www.accorhotels.com/leclub and at our 2500 participating Accor hotels around the world!

There is also a dedicated 0805 reservation number noted in the email. I'm not sure if that is new or not.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Tbh, even though FT would love to see it self as a lobbying institution trying to make changes (be it airlines or hotel chains), the input from this forum is more than less specific complaints (generally speaking) about this and that which are individually based and doesn't show the whole picture (FT users staying at Accor hotels are a drop in the Ocean compared to the actual total number of guests the hotels have every year). These are the things that the Accor Concierge's can do something about and I think it is great ^ Accor-hotels are most likely spending huge amounts of money on marketing and research to find a balance and not all can be made happy at the end of the day. We (again generally speaking) are a picky bunch of A-Club (sorry Le Club) elites and we will never all be 100% happy. So, if you don't like it, don't spend your (or your companies money) on Accor - Simples.

I don't fly or stay at hotels for business purposes but pay pure out of own pocket. I have earned my Gold Status by paying myself to reach the desired status and I honestly feel I get great value from it; otherwise I wouldn't have stayed with Accor and found pastures green elsewhere. This said: Is the grass really greener on the other side?

I do actually feel like a valued guest when there is a genuine reason for it. I don't expect to get upgrades, free drink vouchers, free breakfast vouchers etc at Mercure or Novotel but I do expect it at Sofitel which I have gotten so far ^ One thing I do expect (it should be human right really) is free wifi in the rooms but most have this without an extra fee (at least the ones I have stayed in).

My next stay is not going to be with Accor but Best Western and I'm looking forward to see what the difference is really. I have no status with BW and neither have I signed up, so will be fun to see.

Have a great easter weekend (for you who celebrate) and to the rest of you, have a great weekend Mine starts tomorrow morning ^
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:24 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
I got an email at midnight last night (France time) announcing the new name.
Mrs IMH and I also got these yesterday. Today we received emails telling us that our new membership cards will be sent out shortly -- with pictures of what look very much like the old A|Club cards embedded in the emails.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:25 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Known website/programme issues since the name change:

- la carte ibis info only available in the French version of the website
- Mouvango Network may not exist any longer
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I'm assuming membership number will stay the same? I'm about to stay 17 nights in Brazil and want to get credit.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by redbeard911
I'm assuming membership number will stay the same? I'm about to stay 17 nights in Brazil and want to get credit.
yes
Old Apr 10, 2012, 4:41 am
Company Representative, Accorhotels

Programs: ALL - Accor Live Limitless
Hello redbeard911,

Yes, your number will stay the same, and you may continue using your current card with the 'A|Club program' name.

Please do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Best wishes,

Chris

Originally Posted by redbeard911
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:49 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Now we know who to call

On Hospitality On:

Accor appoints Isabelle Birem Senior Vice President Direct Sales

Isabelle Birem joins Accor as Senior Vice President Direct Sales, reporting to Jean-Luc Chrétien, Executive Vice President Sales, Distribution and Loyalty Strategy.

She replaces Cédric Gobilliard, who was appointed Senior Vice President Global Sales on January 1, 2012.

Isabelle Birem will be responsible for defining and implementing Accor’s Direct Sales strategy which notably includes Accorhotels.com (pictured above), the multi-brand booking portal, and Le Club Accorhotels, the group’s loyalty program. Isabelle Birem is a graduate of ESSEC and has spent most of her career with Air France, which she joined in 1989. She held different positions of responsibility in sales and marketing there before being appointed General Manager of Air France Argentina and Chile, based in Buenos Aires in 2003. She then became General Manager of Air France KLM Brazil, based in Sao Paolo, where she was notably responsible for the integration of the Air France and KLM teams.

Since 2009, Isabelle Birem was responsible for Air France KLM’s loyalty program Flying Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.