Consolidated "Restaurants in/near Seattle/SEA - suggestions & questions" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurants in/near Seattle/SEA - suggestions & questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
FYI: It's Seattle Restaurant Week, making it a good time to hit some of the more $$$ locations without breaking your budget / expense account. http://srw.seattletimes.com/
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:52 pm

best American Chinese

PHX has some very good Americanized Chinese restaurants, but haven't found anything good yet in Seattle. Sadly haven't found anything much better than Panda Express. Anyone know of a good place? Always on the lookout for big fat tasty egg rolls stuffed with cabbages, if there is such thing around SEA.

Ideally on the Eastside or along the way from SEA towards the Eastside. Looking for a clean place that's tasty and not too greasy.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
PHX has some very good Americanized Chinese restaurants, but haven't found anything good yet in Seattle.
Best I can offer up is Din Tai Fung, known for their Taiwanese dumplings and noodles.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Best I can offer up is Din Tai Fung, known for their Taiwanese dumplings and noodles.
Thanks, DTF is definitely great, but that's pretty authentic stuff. I go to DTF in Seattle and Hong Kong, and I have dim sum and authentic Cantonese in Hong Kong, Seattle and Richmond. But sometimes you miss the good-old American Chinese.

Btw, not a fan of PF Chang's. They're overpriced for what they are, they try to do a cross between Americanized Chinese, authentic Chinese and fusion, but manage to butcher all. If there's a better place than Panda Express, I'd like to know.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:58 am

Recently went to a place called Best Wok near Microsoft, since it had very good yelp rating. Very disappointed. Food mediocre, dark interior.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 12:42 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by evergrn
PHX has some very good Americanized Chinese restaurants, but haven't found anything good yet in Seattle. Sadly haven't found anything much better than Panda Express. Anyone know of a good place? Always on the lookout for big fat tasty egg rolls stuffed with cabbages, if there is such thing around SEA.

Ideally on the Eastside or along the way from SEA towards the Eastside. Looking for a clean place that's tasty and not too greasy.
Yea's Wok in Newcastle. You'll thank me later !!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Best place I have eaten at in Seattle the past 12 months is Copine in the Ballard neighborhood.
The chef there was just nominated for a James Beard Award.
if you are reading this just go make the Rez now. The place is getting harder & harder to get into.
if all else fails get a seat at the bar, quality cocktails there as well.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Try Harbor city in Chinatown ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.