Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:58 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by dangw20
My question: I know people have been asking if AP works and so far it seems to be. My rent payment is exactly $750. I pay my roommate through AP and then he pays the landlord. Does anyone see this being a problem to meet the spend?
I did an AP for $750, then chickened out and did $1k at CVS for Vanilla Reloads. However, when I looked on my statement, it shows the $750 as a legit purchase and also gave me the US miles, so I think it will work, but am not 100%.

Are you brave enough to test it?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by b8b
I did an AP for $750, then chickened out and did $1k at CVS for Vanilla Reloads. However, when I looked on my statement, it shows the $750 as a legit purchase and also gave me the US miles, so I think it will work, but am not 100%.

I'm thinking I will for at least one of the three months. I plan on buying a ~$400 flight in the next few days so I think I may do non-AP spending for the first month, but the next two months I may do AP so I don't have to keep track of how much I've spent on it.

The $750 I do on AP is semi-legit for me since it is for rent. The only thing is it goes to my roommate and then he makes one payment for the total rent amount to the landlord.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:41 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
got the offer on my 2nd us airways card for april-may-june spend of $750. have yet to receive the offer on my original us airways card
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: US - Gold Preferred, leisuring and MRing for status :-)
Originally Posted by huynhc
got the offer on my 2nd us airways card for april-may-june spend of $750. have yet to receive the offer on my original us airways card
I wish I would get that offer. The one I got yesterday was for 5 bonus miles per dollar on restaurants, gas stations, and home improvement stores, up to 2,500 miles, through June 30. I could easily meet the $750 spend requirement and I could totally use the 15,000 extra miles!
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:43 pm

Are these bonus offers usully sent through email or USPS ?

Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Are these bonus offers usully sent through email or USPS ?

Thanks
Both. Email was sent 2-3 days prior to a card in the mail.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by HariBlue108
....that I never seem to get any of these offers from US Airways? I've had my card since the time Bank of America was issuing them. Looks like if you're the old faithful, then you just get discarded...

Perhaps time to sock drawer the card and see if that will wake 'em up ...
Mine has been in the sock drawer since I got it in Nov 2011 and brought out for small purchases every 6 months.............no offers for me. They keep sending me balance transfer (low rate) offers which I have no use for by email. How do I trigger one of these offers?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by b8b

As I reported previously, I did three AP's and got the 15,000 credit in Autumn 2012.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:39 am

sorry, what is AP ?
Got this offer today.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:05 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes for the bonus to post after you spend your $750 in the third month? I had January, February, March offer. I completed it on March 3rd, so it has been close to 8 weeks. Does it post consistently after 6-8 weeks? Do I need to call Barclays to investigate further? I appreciate any feedback.

AP = Amazon Payments, you can read up more about it in the Manufactured Spend forum.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Apr 30, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by PedroNY
Does anyone know how long it takes for the bonus to post after you spend your $750 in the third month? I had January, February, March offer. I completed it on March 3rd, so it has been close to 8 weeks. Does it post consistently after 6-8 weeks? Do I need to call Barclays to investigate further? I appreciate any feedback.

AP = Amazon Payments, you can read up more about it in the Manufactured Spend forum.

Cheers,

PedroNY
In my experience it was credited not when the statement where the spending was completed posted, but at the close of the following one.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:28 pm

Just got this offer again for May, June, July for my second card that was sock drawered.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List+and CP, Marriott Gold
Received the 15k bonus offer on card I opened in January

Opened my US Airways Dividend Miles MC in January and received 40k bonus points. Now I received offer for 15k bonus points if I spend $750 each month in May, June and July. Since I just completed my required spend for new Sapphire card, this offer comes at the right time!
Old May 2, 2013, 4:09 pm

Any luck with cvs with this card?
Old May 3, 2013, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Petalumatool
Any luck with cvs with this card?
Yes, not a problem. Did it yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.