Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: UA Plat
I received this offer, too, for $750 in each November, December and January for 15,000 miles. For reference, I got the card in July and did my single purchase. Barclays issued the 35k miles in the August statement, but they have yet to show in my US Air acct. Since then, I've not used the card, and got the promotion two days ago.

Question - I don't see anywhere where I need to click to sign up / register for the promotion. Am I just to trust that it's good to go and start planning my spending? Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Finally posted on my husband's Barclay's account (website).. seems there was a deficit of $10 on one month since he had returned an item but he had made purchases over $2k for each of the other 2 mos. so as a one time courtesy the miles have been posted. Still need to wait for another mos for it to post to USAir though.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
I just completed the spend on mine, and am waiting for the points to post (presumably December). The BF forgot to tell me until last night that he got the offer on 10/23 for Nov, Dec, Jan. Perfect timing!

He made 1 purchase of $12.35 in August.

Edited to add: I did get the bonus miles with my December statement. BF completed his spend in early Jan, so expect his miles to post in March.

Last edited by PHLisa; Feb 6, 2014 at 2:39 pm
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
Unhappy Still nothing...

Well, I haven't received the offer, and neither has my wife for hers. I'm going to be six months without spend in a couple of days, meaning in theory they could take back my miles according to their T&C's.

I guess I'm not going to see this offer. Huh.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fanfoot
Well, I haven't received the offer, and neither has my wife for hers. I'm going to be six months without spend in a couple of days, meaning in theory they could take back my miles according to their T&C's.

I guess I'm not going to see this offer. Huh.
they can't take back miles.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Has anyone received this offer twice on the same card?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
Has anyone received this offer twice on the same card?
No for my husband and myself. Hoping to get it on the 2nd card we opened in November.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
15,000 bonus posted 1/11/14 for Sept-Nov 2013 offer requiring $750 spend for 3 months.

I saw the question upthread about getting targeted for the offer multiple times. While I didn't get the 15k offer again, I did get an offer for an extra 2x up to 2500 bonus miles for grocery, movie theater, and utility payments Jan-Mar 2014. Not nearly as good a deal, but a nice incentive to direct a little spend back to this card.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by uzzet
Anybody had any luck calling in to see if they would match this offer? If so, who should I call? Barclay or US Airways? TIA
You'd want to call Barclay's... when I spoke to a rep about a different issue, she was able to tell me which promotions I had been targeted for (present and past). I wouldn't hold your breath on them matching the offer tho as some of their targeting "criteria" seems to have no rhyme or reason.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by jr57
15,000 bonus posted 1/11/14 for Sept-Nov 2013 offer requiring $750 spend for 3 months.

I saw the question upthread about getting targeted for the offer multiple times. While I didn't get the 15k offer again, I did get an offer for an extra 2x up to 2500 bonus miles for grocery, movie theater, and utility payments Jan-Mar 2014. Not nearly as good a deal, but a nice incentive to direct a little spend back to this card.
Anybody had any luck calling in to see if they would match this offer? If so, who should I call? Barclay or US Airways? TIA
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by uzzet
I called Barclays 3 times and no go. Reason was I wasn't targeted.

But I finally received the offer 3 months after opening the card.

Hoping it works on the 2nd card I opened. Should find out next month. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:09 pm

Is the 15k offer still being offered? Since the new info with the AA merger has been coming out, wondering if they are discontinuing this extra bonus offer with this card.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
I was targeted for the August-October promo but didn't receive the miles despite Barclays confirming my eligibility based on spend. After a couple of complaints the miles have finally posted in my Barclays account (although not in my US Airways account yet). Wish me luck!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by mymyles
Is the 15k offer still being offered?
I was targeted in Dec for Jan-Mar spend.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skitch23
I was targeted in Dec for Jan-Mar spend.
How long have you had the card and what is your average spend on the card? I haven't been targeted and just wondering why...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.