US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Any and All
US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

I received a bi-fold mailer from US Airways today and nearly tossed it, but I'm glad I read it.

THE OFFER: Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you spend $750 in new purchases each month in September, October and November.

FINE PRINT: Offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. You will earn 15,000 bonus miles after you charge $750 in net retail purchases each month from September 1, 2012 through November 30, 2012. If you do not spend over $750 in any one of the three months of the promotion you will not be eligible for any bonus miles as part of this offer. To receive your bonus miles your account must be open and in good standing. Purchases made during periods when your account is delinquent, your balance exceeds your credit line or your account is otherwise not in good standing as defined on your Cardmember Agreement do not qualify.

Your bonus miles will appear up to 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. Net retail purchases do not include things as the purchase of money orders, traveler's checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers, person to person money transfers or using the account to obtain a cash advance.

Be on the lookout in your mailbox!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:58 pm

They've been sending these out for months, for various time periods and spends. I got $1250 for May-July and the 15,000 miles just posted to my account a few days ago.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
They've been sending these out for months, for various time periods and spends. I got $1250 for May-July and the 15,000 miles just posted to my account a few days ago.
Yeah, I always seem to get one when I'm working on a minimum spend for a new card....
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
Originally Posted by akcae
Yeah, I always seem to get one when I'm working on a minimum spend for a new card....
I know!! Seems like I'm always working on a spend for one card or the other!!
But thinking about taking advantage on this, my hubby got the 750 offer. I, on the other hand received the 1250 offer a few months back (mentioned above) and didnt even bother doing it cuz it was too high.
Let's see, I need to re-do the calculations to do this offer...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by express3
I know!! Seems like I'm always working on a spend for one card or the other!!
But thinking about taking advantage on this, my hubby got the 750 offer. I, on the other hand received the 1250 offer a few months back (mentioned above) and didnt even bother doing it cuz it was too high.
Let's see, I need to re-do the calculations to do this offer...
It works out to 7.67 miles/$ spent on that $2250, which is a pretty damn good deal in my view. Obviously not worth passing up something like an AA signup bonus (50k+3k/$3000 = 17.67 miles/$ spent), but it unquestionably beats anything other than spend to meet signup bonuses. The only real problem is that the terms are kind of fiddly -- you have to make sure you spend $750 in each of three separate months, which will necessarily involve some bookkeeping.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Did the points posted on your statement date? I also got the $1250 for May-July and I'm still waiting for the 15,000 to post. My August statement has passed, so I wonder if I should be on the lookup for them in the Sept statement (or if I can expect them a little sooner).
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
Did the points posted on your statement date? I also got the $1250 for May-July and I'm still waiting for the 15,000 to post. My August statement has passed, so I wonder if I should be on the lookup for them in the Sept statement (or if I can expect them a little sooner).
They haven't posted to my US account yet, just my Barclay account. When I log in and see my accumulated rewards from this month, it shows 15,000. I'm assuming I'll have to wait until my statement closes to actually get them into my US account.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, DL PM, US Plat, Vrgn At Gold, SWA Comp, HH Dia, SPG Gold, CC Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Slvr
Spending Habits

Can you tell me if you've been neglecting the card? I'm hopeful that I'll get a similar offer!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Yes, Barclays seems to commonly throw out retention bonuses for sock drawered cards. If someone has the NFL card, they would likely see something similar, except it'd be $200 cash for spending $750 x 3.

NFL and US Air seem like good cards to sock drawer
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Any and All
Originally Posted by swesthead
Can you tell me if you've been neglecting the card? I'm hopeful that I'll get a similar offer!

I generally try to throw a small charge on this card every month. Rarely more than $50...
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:43 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved to US Airways forum where there is a high concentration of affinity credit card holders. Discussion in progress:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-targeted.html
Old Aug 29, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
How long (in months) must you stop using this card to get the offer? My wife and I both have the card and it would make sense to stop using one of them for awhile if I can get this offer.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by apeortdz
How long (in months) must you stop using this card to get the offer? My wife and I both have the card and it would make sense to stop using one of them for awhile if I can get this offer.
Yeah, kind of frosts you, doesn't it? At least it frosts me. I spend hard early in year for 10K PQMs and take advantage of double-RDMs on my US tickets. But -- and I guess precisely because I have proved myself too faithful a customer -- these windfalls never show up for me. I'll laugh at myself now to save others the trouble.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: UsAir,Priority Club, Bing, Southwest
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Yeah, kind of frosts you, doesn't it? At least it frosts me. I spend hard early in year for 10K PQMs and take advantage of double-RDMs on my US tickets. But -- and I guess precisely because I have proved myself too faithful a customer -- these windfalls never show up for me. I'll laugh at myself now to save others the trouble.
We have never received these mailers and my husband and I both have the Barkley's USAir mastercard and the old Bank of America one must be my fault for using the cards all the time
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:19 pm
zlc

I didn't get the post card, but received an email about the promotion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.