Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:33 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by oldmonster
Over the last 10+ years with club access, I never tried a roll from the United club :P.
Consider yourself among the fortunate few
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes they're actually good. Often they're not.

I usually give them a poke and from that can often discern worthwhile or not.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA GS
UA gone even more classy:
in Denver tonight no more plate ware or silverware. Just plastic and paper.
At least it's chicken corn chowder.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
UA gone even more classy:
in Denver tonight no more plate ware or silverware. Just plastic and paper.
At least it's chicken corn chowder.
Maybe dishwasher is broken? I kinda drift to the obvious answer instead of some plot....
Old Jul 23, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Chicken cawn chowdah in BOS tonight (07/23/17)!

David
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:09 am

United seems from my limited experience to be the most uneven when it comes to offering dishware/silverware.

DELTA (except for ATL B and SFO which always offer china/silverware) rarely offers china/silverware, while AA seems to most consistently offer it.

Have absolutely no idea why it settles out that way, but that has been my all be limited (with UNITED) experience.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
07/28/17 UC soup+ UC wanderings/testing

@ UC DCA, there were these blueberry pastries as well as what soon became an empty bowl of fresh blueberries at breakfast. Also, one bagel and a muffin remained in the tray at 8:45 AM.

@ UC EWR Terminal A: Chicken Corn Chowder
@ UC EWR T74-ish: Chicken Corn Chowder
@ UC EWR T120-ish: Chicken Corn Chowder

@ UC EWR T124 pop-up: no soup served here - but empty (at least when I arrived, I was the only person there besides the staff). noisy due to construction going on @ the Cibo area just outside the pop-up and the fact of no roof covering the pop-up.

@ UC SFO Rotunda: Chicken Corn Chowder

@ UC LAX: Both Chicken Corn Chowder and Soutwestern Chili!

David
Attached Images    
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SNA lunch...chicken corn chowder. To me just meh

ORD evening...clam chowder...I thought this version was very delicious...hope to see more of it
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
ORD on July29 had Swedish meatballs w/gravey and mashed potatoes. It was like being at Ikea. Quite tasty.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tapeguy
ORD on July29 had Swedish meatballs w/gravey and mashed potatoes. It was like being at Ikea. Quite tasty.
I saw the same at the ORD T2 UC on 7/25. I was pretty impressed with them, as well as the chicken corn chowder. Those plus the cold meat plate could have made a fairly decent dinner.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tapeguy
I guess they took it away before I landed - I wish they would leave the hot food out longer at the hub clubs - especially with the F cabin food cutbacks onboard.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I guess they took it away before I landed - I wish they would leave the hot food out longer at the hub clubs - especially with the F cabin food cutbacks onboard.
Aren't the ORD B concourse clubs the only ones in the system (save for the international locations like LHR) that have hot food besides oatmeal? I've never seen hot food anywhere besides ORD.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wayside
Aren't the ORD B concourse clubs the only ones in the system (save for the international locations like LHR) that have hot food besides oatmeal? I've never seen hot food anywhere besides ORD.
They also have it at the ORD club in the F gates, but yes, it seems limited to ORD at present.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Not to detour the thread, but specifically what F cabin food cutbacks are you referring to? I don't recall seeing any changes to parameters and would venture to say on I've noticed several flights that would ordinarily be coded as snack basket only, now have full meal service.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Not to detour the thread, but specifically what F cabin food cutbacks are you referring to? I don't recall seePorting any changes to parameters and would venture to say on I've noticed several flights that would ordinarily be coded as snack basket only, now have full meal service.
Portion size, food quantity, and in my opinion, quality are way down. I am getting entrees that would barely pass as an appetizer on other airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.