Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Nope I'm an idiot on this one. I do know that a handle is 1.75 and I saw the $8.99 and the 1 and just assumed it was 1.75 but I was obviously just wrong on this. I did find a handle of Bellows for $13.99 or $13.29 if you buy 12 or more here so still cheaper than McCormacks but not as ridiculous. I hate vodka generally but I just checked for my own knowledge, in college we bought Aristocrat when we wanted cheap vodka (and it was awful) and a google search shows Aristocrat for $16.99/handle, so if Bellows and McCormack are both cheaper than that I shudder to think what those actually taste like

I'm going to go crawl into a corner and hide for shaming my generation.

I updated my OP with the correction

Last edited by Duke787; Sep 5, 2013 at 1:23 pm
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Sitting at a club that just got the news. Bartender was informing several regulars. Only Bud Light will be free. Current spirits to become premium, and current premium to become super premium. There will be a small well selection (cheaper stuff than current), and apparently a "really impressive" upgraded wine selection.

Just say no to frat party booze, PITA wifi, worthless food, and IRROPS inferior to phone agents.

Bars are getting better in the airport, food is getting better, wifi is increasingly available.

What exactly does the membership buy?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Sitting at a club that just got the news. Bartender was informing several regulars. Only Bud Light will be free. Current spirits to become premium, and current premium to become super premium. There will be a small well selection (cheaper stuff than current), and apparently a "really impressive" upgraded wine selection.
Wow - this is even worse than what we thought. No more "local beer"?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Was in the UC at F in ORD today and decided to try the Bellows just to see if it was that bad. It is. Words cannot describe how horrid it is. If United is trying to lower its membership ranks, this is a great way to do it.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
One more reason I won't be renewing my 1K or my RCC member status with UA this year. No thank you.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: United 1K & 1MM, IHG Plat Elite, Hyatt Gold, Marriott GE, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
I call shenanigans. There's no way they're that stupid.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fastfxr
Sure about that? Plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Plus, they're just following DL's lead, as usual (but even worse actually IIRC)
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:45 pm

Never say never... only time will tell.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Very possible this will happen. The only comp beers at the Skyclub now are Bud and Miller Lite.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
from the airline that brings you sub-7-11/taco bell kwality food in "First class", I have no delusions that they won't continue to drop the quality and selection of beverages in the clubs.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:08 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Is Bailey's still comped with United or is that now a premium drink like with Delta?

My wife loves Baileys and something she has noticed lately on Delta is they run out of it on board now on quite a few of her flights now that the SkyClub is no longer comping it. That will probably be the next downgrade with airlines, cater less alcohol.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:31 pm

Wow, if that's true about Bud Light being the only free booze, I'm not renewing. That's garbage.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
If it's more than $5/gallon, it will be classified as PREMIUM!
http://www.indexmundi.com/commoditie...odity=jet-fuel

With all this down-gauging they probably have extra... line em up!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:32 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

If it is true about the cerveza then that will just squash any doubts or remorse I might have for letting my UC membership expire.

Great job UA! ^
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:28 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by CrazyInteg
PG is a boutique airline. You're paying for that in your ticket. BTW, which airport? I love PG's Samui and Sukhothai
Sorry, this was in BKK before my flight to KBV which I paid a whopping ~$65

USM is considerably more as PG has established a monopoly in a niche market and rightfully so. I have herd great things about what they did over at USM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.