Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by cmk1493
Wow, I am sure that is right at the top of the list of things to address for any United employee right now.

This thread is pure humor - listening to some of the 'pressing issues' people have is truly entertaining.
Actually it is for many Australian United Customers.

We have a limited choice to fly with from Australia to USA and is a deal breaker for Australian's. We do the 14 hour flight to get anywhere outside of Australia with United.

You might not seem it is important, but it is to Australian United Customers.

Rather than clutter up the thread with non-sense comments, I would suggest you go back to reading unless you have something to offer.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Global Services
Guess I'm lucky overall; all my miles and everything are intact. But, I have to agree, UA's top travelers in the world got lost in this conversion. I would have thought UA would have made at least GS and 1K their top priority in terms of ensuring they (we) are all set.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Asuka
Actually it is for many Australian United Customers.

We have a limited choice to fly with from Australia to USA and is a deal breaker for Australian's. We do the 14 hour flight to get anywhere outside of Australia with United.

You might not seem it is important, but it is to Australian United Customers.

Rather than clutter up the thread with non-sense comments, I would suggest you go back to reading unless you have something to offer.
Free booze in Y disappeared ages ago on TATL flights, I have done TPAC but that was in business so it was free as usual. So, was alcohol always free in Y up until recently then ? Just curious.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: UA GS Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by 537e4e4
Guess I'm lucky overall; all my miles and everything are intact. But, I have to agree, UA's top travelers in the world got lost in this conversion. I would have thought UA would have made at least GS and 1K their top priority in terms of ensuring they (we) are all set.
I'm flying all week domestically and can't even get on an upgrade list - can't even get a simple we're sorry. Note I fly 300k plus on many many full fare international biz tickets.

Its absolutely shocking that they aren't doing anything for GS.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:22 pm

UA Insider can you confirm, is there free (alcohol) drinks on the LAX/SFO-SYD & versa legs in Y (Coach) with the new UA?

The new Website says we must pay now, this has not been in PMUA, with the exception of a brief payment system that was reversed.

We Australian's are thirsty to know
Alcohol was still free when I flew Y HKG-SFO this week (Monday).

Yes, HKG is not SYD but I'm hoping that it's at least one data point suggesting UA will continue free alcohol on all TPAC flights.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:36 pm

Where did my miles go?

2 days ago I had 20,628 PQM miles today balance shows 1,600Did this happen to anyone else?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BKHMD
2 days ago I had 20,628 PQM miles today balance shows 1,600Did this happen to anyone else?
Yes and the company line is that they expect this to be fixed by Friday. I have around 35K that disappeared.

As for my new website issue of the day, this morning I am showing the following on My Account under Reservations:

There is no date on the "flight."
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by BKHMD
Known issue. See first post by UA Insider on this thread:

Premier Qualifying Miles not displaying (PQM). Some members are not seeing their correct PQMs. If the difference in PQMs takes the member below a specific Premier status threshold, the Premier status has dropped as well. Resolutions are in progress (updated 6:30a, March 8)
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:17 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

We have a limited choice to fly with from Australia to USA
Four (4) carriers serve SYD-LAX non-stop. That's more choice than is offered between LHR and any US city except JFK.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by dayone
Four (4) carriers serve SYD-LAX non-stop. That's more choice than is offered between LHR and any US city except JFK.
Technically, 5 carriers serve LAX-LHR (AA, BA, UA, NZ, VS).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
They are no where near 14 hour flights
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
From today's WSJ:

"Spokesman Rahsaan Johnson said the migration of data for elite-level members and other active fliers had been completed."

Maybe Mr. McCartney got that wrong - but this isn't even close to correct from what I read here, and my own experience.

A big
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
From today's WSJ:

"Spokesman Rahsaan Johnson said the migration of data for elite-level members and other active fliers had been completed."

Maybe Mr. McCartney got that wrong - but this isn't even close to correct from what I read here, and my own experience.

A big
A big Lie
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: AK, DL,UA
Originally Posted by TomKozski
Not sure if this is the right thread, so moderators please feel free to move it.

In the next few months I have a few itineraries purchased that involve segments on LH.

Because I purchased the flights before the changeover on united.com, I still have the LH record locators (new site doesn't show them anymore...bummer). A few days after the changeover, all my reservations showed up normally on LH's site. After checking today, some segments are missing in one of my itineraries.

Should I be worried? I once had a United segment dissappear when I viewed my reservation on LH's site, and LH couldn't check me into that flight on departure day, had to sort things out in FRA. But in this case, the LH segments are missing.
Shannon: He may be on to a problem here.
Yesterday I did a booking online (multi segment, since point to point would not work) that involved LH segments as well.

As has been previously noted the LH booking codes are not displaying on the UA website "my itineraries", so I called LH (USA) with my eticket# to get my conf. code (in order to use the LH website to select seating) and the agent told me I had 2 confirmation codes and 2 etickets associated in their system.

I wrote it all down and went onto the LH website & saw that my trip is broken up on their website, and neither booking contains the entire trip.

Could this be the source of TomKoski's problem quoted above?
Is there a fix you can suggest?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
With all the posts I'm not sure if this has been answered.

After 3/3 my GPUs (SWUs) went from 6 to 4.

My YTD EQMs went from 52K to zero (although the segments are still correct).

Has Shannon said how long we should wait until we report these issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.