Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kb1992
I have two such coupons, but can't use it now.

UA Insider
said they are working on it.

I would hold off the purchase for now. Maybe they will fix it in few weeks.
I'm also looking to buy a ticket with one of these, but nowhere to put the code on the website. You would have thought this functionality would have been thought of beforehand. It was a planned merger, not something that occurred overnight. Talk about poor planning!!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
My RPU and GPU totals have been corrected. My PGM remains unfixed but maybe they're making some progress with the system integration and fixing some of the issues people have discussed earlier in the thread?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:29 pm

My missing two GPUs have returned home. Thanks Shannon and colleagues!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by bldr1k
With all the posts I'm not sure if this has been answered.

After 3/3 my GPUs (SWUs) went from 6 to 4.

My YTD EQMs went from 52K to zero (although the segments are still correct).

Has Shannon said how long we should wait until we report these issues?
Shannon is aware of both these issues (see first post on this thread).

Originally Posted by mh3265a
My RPU and GPU totals have been corrected.
Just checked - mine too (although my activity still reflects the double deduction).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 9, 2012 at 2:37 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
I will not fly United until they stabilize their system

United has no excuse for the poor rollout on this computer change over:

I can't request mileage credit. My status is wiped out for booking, boarding, and upgrades (should be 1k). My future reservations, which included family members are no longer showing (except for me). Literally no one responds to emails asking for corrections.

This is an embarrassment. Looks like I am stuck back with Delta again
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JetAway
My missing two GPUs have returned home. Thanks Shannon and colleagues!
My missing ones returned too - TYVM Shannon!

(FYI the two GPUs agents accidentally pulled for my MIL that I in turn cancelled on 3/6 have not yet returned, but I know this can take 72 hrs)
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
My account is a mess, though accounts were linked early on.

Pre integration, on the third of 3 segments, got bounced from a United first class seat, and off the flight, though checked in and holding a boarding pass. Boarded in coach, at the last minute, due to a no show and received the mileage credit.

Received credit in United account for 2 flights flown on Feb 28. No credit anywhere for the 3rd flight which was changed at the last minute and site tells me my ticket number is invalid. No mileage credit for United flights flown on Mar 06.

My account reflects no eqm or eqs from my pre integration United activity. Upgrades which were from a cancelled itinerary before integration are no where to be found.

Lots of other integration issues. Think I'll find seats elsewhere until things get better.

Hopefully all will sort out.......
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:00 pm

One would think that they could have better managed things had they rolled it out in phases. I work for a large US company that has gone through a few very large mergers and in each instance the company took their time and rolled things out in phases over the course of a year or two. Instead of doing it all at once, I would think they could have taken this approach. But what do I know...

Thankfully the issues I have experienced thus far have been in my favor, but that obviously isn't the case for everyone.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Voice prompt system does not recognize "yes".
+1. Some difficult with "existing" as well...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Spurious Error Messages when cancelling/amending award reservations online

I decided to be a little brave and try to cancel a couple of award reservations (made with PMUA) and amend another online.

In all cases I received error messages at the very last step, after I hit "confirm". However, both cancelled reservations no longer show up in My Reservations, and the the reservation that I was trying to amend showed up with the amended date and flight (and I was able to go in an assign myself a seat).

As far as I can tell, the cancellations and amends all worked and the error messages were spurious.

UA Insider - will PM you will confirmation numbers etc in case you wanted to investigate further.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
My pre 3/3 EQM all PmUA MP has still not been put back after being zapped during the conversion

They are now at a D grade. Terrible job folks.

They should have migrated operation systems on 3/3 and MP on 3/31.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Originally Posted by Asuka
Actually it is for many Australian United Customers.

We have a limited choice to fly with from Australia to USA and is a deal breaker for Australian's. We do the 14 hour flight to get anywhere outside of Australia with United.

You might not seem it is important, but it is to Australian United Customers.

Rather than clutter up the thread with non-sense comments, I would suggest you go back to reading unless you have something to offer.
Free booze in Y disappeared ages ago on TATL flights, I have done TPAC but that was in business so it was free as usual. So, was alcohol always free in Y up until recently then ? Just curious.
Yes free in Y over the Pacific

Aussie customers are right to ask for clarification. Shame on anyone defending the cluster. They are paid to do this merger. It is not a volunteer activity

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 9, 2012 at 2:38 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My GPU is still missing

I had 2 in CO and 2 in UA prior to the transition. After transition, I had 3. I just redeemed 1 yesterday, but still have a balance of 2. It seems as the missing one has yet to be returned.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, UA
After the integration the email updates are working. I usually keep BB travel app up whenever I am flying, but their data has been getting worse since the start of the year. It's really nice to get an "official" update from UA.

Now if only they would do a BB app...
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
My MP PQMs are gone

After 3/3 I had the correct number of PQMs in my account after combining my MP and OP accounts. As of today, the MP PQMs are gone; only the OP ones are there. But if I pull up activity for March '12, the MP PQMs are shown.

Anyone else? I dread calling.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
I don't see a Mileage Expiration at all in my Account Profile. How do I find it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.