Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by Annapurna
On the Tokyo route it seems the B777 is being downgraded to an A300, which of course has no room for a 3-class configuration.
TK doesn't have any A300s anymore and it wouldn't have the range anyway (4070/5600nm).
Old May 4, 2015, 9:24 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by duvin
TK doesn't have any A300s anymore and it wouldn't have the range anyway (4070/5600nm).
I think OP refers to A330's For now 1 rotation is operated with B777 (with Plus seats) and the other with A330.
Old May 5, 2015, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
IAH has no comfort class seat either.
Old May 7, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
It looks like JFK is also losing CC effective Oct 25th and will be all A330 service until further notice, ouch! With this change, YYZ, GRU-EZE, and MIA are the only routes offering Comfort Class in Americas.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/05/07/tk-jfk-w15/

p.s. Checked last time CC is still not bookable via thy.com for MIA-IST sector.
Old May 8, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Originally Posted by vincewy
It looks like JFK is also losing CC effective Oct 25th and will be all A330 service until further notice, ouch! With this change, YYZ, GRU-EZE, and MIA are the only routes offering Comfort Class in Americas.

http://airlineroute.net/2015/05/07/tk-jfk-w15/

p.s. Checked last time CC is still not bookable via thy.com for MIA-IST sector.
I just booked my ticket to LAX (TK9) in CC for Oct, 23th. I realize that TK will serve new 773 config for this leg on Mar, 27th.
Old May 13, 2015, 9:02 pm

I want to buy a ticket on JFK-IST-OTP in comfort class but it prices the short haul into J, instead of Y, and the ticket price is far too high. Is there a way to through ticket this with IST-OTP in Y? I would do sum of sectors but it looks like I would have to recheck in at IST. Any way around this?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I want to buy a ticket on JFK-IST-OTP in comfort class but it prices the short haul into J, instead of Y, and the ticket price is far too high. Is there a way to through ticket this with IST-OTP in Y? I would do sum of sectors but it looks like I would have to recheck in at IST. Any way around this?
A fares will book your short haul sectors into Y. I forget on O fares if they all book non-CC sectors into Y or if some book into C. U fares mostly book into C IIRC. The fare rules will tell you, ExpertFlyer is good for this info. If you're looking on the TK website, it doesn't seem to work well for A fares and a connecting flight with no CC. Expedia has no problem with it, and Hipmunk works as well which will then usually direct to Priceline.

Careful though from JFK, not sure when you're going but thought I saw here somewhere that JFK was going to all A330 service?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:53 pm

The future of Comfort Class

Just don't search for CC, search economy instead. In the booking process you will be given the option of booking CC, with the short haul sectors in Y. If you search directly CC, the short haul sector always appear in business and the price is very high.
It's just their booking system, and then they wonder why some things don't work. Guess that the management never used their website for making a reservation...
Old May 20, 2015, 5:48 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Hi foks I've been following this forum and thread for a while, in fact I've made comments early on. But lost track on what CC is still available.

on the website, I'm able to book CC for LAX-IST-LAX in September, will CC will continue for those flights?
Old May 20, 2015, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by fadynaime
Hi foks I've been following this forum and thread for a while, in fact I've made comments early on. But lost track on what CC is still available.

on the website, I'm able to book CC for LAX-IST-LAX in September, will CC will continue for those flights?
Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
I just booked my ticket to LAX (TK9) in CC for Oct, 23th. I realize that TK will serve new 773 config for this leg on Mar, 27th.
Sept 2015 is safe, it is confirmed that LAX will continue to get CC until March 27th, 2016.

I am also waiting for definitive date on when YYZ will no longer get CC cabin, I am planning to either book CC or use another pair of upgrade vouchers, if I get any dossier from airport ticket office I'll report back.

In the future I might just have to fly with LH out of DTW directly when I don't have E+ upgrade vouchers, LH has competitive Y+ rate to IST, in fact, cheaper than going to FRA, CDG, and LHR. Interestingly, LH's website doesn't seem to have problem booking Y+ long haul with regional short haul in Y, plus stopover in FRA
Old May 21, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
What about CC on SFO-IST-SFO in late August? Haven't been able to find any reliable info if it's being offered on the new SFO-IST route?
Old May 21, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by rkj2106
What about CC on SFO-IST-SFO in late August? Haven't been able to find any reliable info if it's being offered on the new SFO-IST route?
Officially it's never been offered from the beginning and it doesn't exist. However if you get lucky you'll be flying with one frame having those seats and those with status will be the first to get those seats. (E+>E>*G).
Old May 21, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by vincewy
Officially it's never been offered from the beginning and it doesn't exist. However if you get lucky you'll be flying with one frame having those seats and those with status will be the first to get those seats. (E+>E>*G).
Ahh OK, I'll consider my chances quite low given *G status and hope for a pleasant surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.