Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
TK webpage with details on seat reservation.

Seats on Turkish Airlines can be reserved in the following ways:

1. For long-haul international flights, seat selection is available starting 100 days before departure for economy and 355 days for business class. Seats can be selected through the call center, the "Manage Booking" section on the website or the “My Flights” section on the mobile app.

2. Extra legroom seats in economy are charged for and can be reserved 355 days in advance.

3. If you have booked your flight within the 100 days window (355 for business class) you can select seats online during the booking process.

4. If you have not pre-booked seats you can do so during the online check in process.

5. For domestic economy flights that are not part of a longhaul itinerary, TK flights are open for seat reservations 24 hours before departure.

USA contact # 800-874-8875

my Aeroplan-booked TK flights opened up

I entered Name + TK PNR
Took me to another page to enter Last Name + Ticket #
After that I can choose the seats (still not too smooth, can't just hit Next and Next to choose 2 segments in 1 step)
Did it twice for 1 PNR + 3-pax PNR
Print Wikipost

Seat Selection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by grayland
I have C award seats through UA. (SCQ-IST, IST-LAX)
Called the 1-800 874 8875 number to get Turkish "Resevation Code" so you can bring up res on Turkish on-line site.
Needed e-ticket number for confirmation.

As everyone has reported above, no way to select seats on-line.
I am 101 days out so will try tomorrow to select seats.
One concern is the small Business cabin: 4 rows of 2-3-2.
There are two of us.
I do not want to get stuck in the 3 row middle seats for this long haul.
What a crappy seat configuration for Business.
Got stuck in the 3 row middle on Lufthansa SEA to FRA in June. Did end up on Aisle...but....
Did you get the seats you wanted?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I called the call center and was told seat selection for domestic flights is only within 24 hours. Is this true?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question Seat recommendation in J on 777 (LAX/SFO-IST)

I'm going to be flying from SFO-IST and IST-LAX in the next couple weeks in J and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for seats. I'll be traveling alone. I don't know if these routes have the updated 777s. Do the updated 777s have Comfort Class or no?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:24 am

My flight BRU - IST is within 24 hours, I have a connection IST - NRT.

When I try to check in online I can only check in for BRU-IST and not yet for the connecting flight IST-nrt.
Is this normal or do I also need to wait until IST-NRT is within the 24h frame?

Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by daruda
My flight BRU - IST is within 24 hours, I have a connection IST - NRT.

When I try to check in online I can only check in for BRU-IST and not yet for the connecting flight IST-nrt.
Is this normal or do I also need to wait until IST-NRT is within the 24h frame?

Thanks!
Yes, the connecting flights often only open up for checkin lazily - latest 24hrs before the respective flight departure.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 11:43 am

thanks for swift reply! will check later today than
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:21 pm

I am doing SFO-IST on an X ticket, Economy. I just chose seats 51 AB, as its 2 seats w/ no middle for me and my S/O. Are these seats any narrower than the regular seats? Can anyone find a picture online of them?

Calling in was fast and easy getting them assigned from the agent, no waiting on hold or anything. At first I was going to go into the Mini Cabin, but I dont want a middle seat if it can be avoided....

I am still hoping to change to 24 A/C at the airport.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I am doing SFO-IST on an X ticket, Economy. I just chose seats 51 AB, as its 2 seats w/ no middle for me and my S/O. Are these seats any narrower than the regular seats? Can anyone find a picture online of them?

Calling in was fast and easy getting them assigned from the agent, no waiting on hold or anything. At first I was going to go into the Mini Cabin, but I dont want a middle seat if it can be avoided....

I am still hoping to change to 24 A/C at the airport.
IF it's 777 then I have tried it several times, they are actually not bad if you are a party of 2. Can't tell the difference. It's not common to block the middle seat - it doesn't work on European flights, so very likely they will put someone in 24B.

Anyway 24B is in the main cabin if it's the refurbished 777 - frankly the seats are pretty much the same IMO.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:39 am

Thanks Nacho, yeah it's a 777. 24 is the exit row, with a mile and a half of legroom. Otherwise I am glad to hear that 51 is good for a party of 2. Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:12 pm

I just booked a TK flight with Aeroplan and the reference # I got doesn't work on TK website (I guess Aeroplan gives you something that works for them (them being Air Canada). Do you guys know if there's a way to access the booking and eventually select seats ? I'm flying on 17th june.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: Aeropain: Zirconia Status; Altitude: Marianas Trench Status; UA MP: 1 Kick to the curb status
Originally Posted by rodriarano
I just booked a TK flight with Aeroplan and the reference # I got doesn't work on TK website (I guess Aeroplan gives you something that works for them (them being Air Canada). Do you guys know if there's a way to access the booking and eventually select seats ? I'm flying on 17th june.
Give Aeroplan a call - they should be able to give you the TK booking reference number. As for seat selection, call TK (1-800-874-8875) 100 days in advance of the particular flight and ask for your seats (i.e., you still have time).
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by Marlin240
Give Aeroplan a call - they should be able to give you the TK booking reference number. As for seat selection, call TK (1-800-874-8875) 100 days in advance of the particular flight and ask for your seats (i.e., you still have time).
Great, thanks a lot ^
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:58 pm

Guys, Need some help. I am doing ISB-IST-IAH and wanted to get a decent seat. I called them and they assigned me 16F for ISB-IST and said it was an aisle seat and the plan is a A330-243. I have checked and re-checked the seating plane for this aircraft and I dont know if 16F is an aisle seat. Everywhere I look indicates that its a middle seat. The agent on the phone said that 16F is the first row in economy and does not have a seat G. Can anyone confirm that? I would hate to get stuck in the middle!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:40 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Paki81
Guys, Need some help. I am doing ISB-IST-IAH and wanted to get a decent seat. I called them and they assigned me 16F for ISB-IST and said it was an aisle seat and the plan is a A330-243. I have checked and re-checked the seating plane for this aircraft and I dont know if 16F is an aisle seat. Everywhere I look indicates that its a middle seat. The agent on the phone said that 16F is the first row in economy and does not have a seat G. Can anyone confirm that? I would hate to get stuck in the middle!
It looks like the agent was right
Attached Images  
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
It looks like the agent was right
Very good. Thank you. How on earth did you find that screenshot though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.