Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Messeages posted in this thread between 2010 and 2018 were archived and can be found here:
Print Wikipost

Global Entry - US Citizens & LPRs First Time Applicants' Timelines & Information

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus | Avios | SkyMiles
8 months, 3 weeks, 5 days. 271 days total. Still waiting.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:44 am

Well glad to know I am not alone. Applied early November for me, my husband, and two kids (ages 8 and 11). All of us are still pending. Not sure what kind of sordid past my kids could have. I was really hoping to get it before we leave for Spain in March but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by jbryant987
8 months, 3 weeks, 5 days. 271 days total. Still waiting.
Same here for my wife, just hit 8 months. We have an international flight next month and I was hoping to do interview on arrival for her. Great stuff all around A++
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by kes82
Well glad to know I am not alone. Applied early November for me, my husband, and two kids (ages 8 and 11). All of us are still pending. Not sure what kind of sordid past my kids could have. I was really hoping to get it before we leave for Spain in March but doesn't look like that is going to happen.
Welcome to FT. Check your application status and email for any status change while you are away. If you are conditionally approved, you can use Enrollment on Arrival if available.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:07 pm

Both my father and a friend's 11 month-old had pending conditional approvals when they left for international trips. Then about 2 days before their scheduled international flights back to the US, they got the conditional approval and were able to do enrollment on arrival. And just to clarify, these are two separate families/trips.
I know it's only 2 data points, but wouldn't be surprised if the timing somewhat tied to those return flights Airlines ask for passport information before check-in to verify you're able to enter the country.

Last edited by EmpressRouge; Feb 22, 2023 at 4:55 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Both my father and a friend's 11 month-old both had pending conditional approvals when they left for international trips. Then about 2 days before their scheduled international flights back to the US, they got the conditional approval and were able to do enrollment on arrival. And just to clarify, these are two separate families/trips.
I know it's only 2 data points, but wouldn't be surprised if the timing somewhat tied to those return flights Airlines ask for passport information before check-in to verify you're able to enter the country.
That would be nice. I'm at 9 months and 2 days and in a few weeks will be going out of the country. Thought FOR SURE I'd have it by then, but here we are.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 12:17 am

8 months 11 days and counting. I have an international trip in May so hopefully ...
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:48 am

01/29/23 - applied
01/31/23 - received CA
02/03/23 - received $100 credit from Venture X

Same timeline for my 8 year old.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by HoppingJalapeno
8 months 11 days and counting. I have an international trip in May so hopefully ...
9 months, 1 week and 2 days here. International trip at the end of this month.

I got them to issue a ticket to research why it's taking so long. Wait time for them to research is 3 to 8 weeks.

In the meantime I went ahead and signed up for TSA Precheck because that is supposed to go quick, like 3-5 days. That was 8 days ago. Something tells me this is going to get stretched out too.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: SWRR, HH, SM, TSA Pre
What is the recommended method for applying at this point? Apply, get conditional approval and then start scouring for appointment times? Or find an appointment time and then apply? Is there a time limit on how long conditional approval is good for?
Old Mar 4, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by EAJuggalo
What is the recommended method for applying at this point? Apply, get conditional approval and then start scouring for appointment times? Or find an appointment time and then apply? Is there a time limit on how long conditional approval is good for?
Conditional approval gives you two years to do the interview and given how opaque conditional approval is- there’s no pattern on who gets it in two business days and who gets stuck in the queue for six months or more- the best thing to do is apply today and then sort out the interview process after that.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 6:20 am

Quick update from my post last year...
Originally Posted by bignick270

My Brother in law, my wife, and myself applied for GE at the end of March.
I got conditional approval within 2 days and my wife got it within 3 days.
My Brother in law is still waiting. He has a clean record and the only difference is that we have traveled internationally several times while he just got his Passport this year.
My Brother in law is still waiting on his approval. It's been a year since he submitted his app. He emailed them back in early fall/late summer and they just said it's taking longer than expected to process applications.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by bignick270
Quick update from my post last year...

My Brother in law is still waiting on his approval. It's been a year since he submitted his app. He emailed them back in early fall/late summer and they just said it's taking longer than expected to process applications.
I've travelled internationally as well, but now at 295 days waiting on my CA. On top of that I decided to just apply for TSA PreCheck so at least I'd have that for my next trip at the end of the month. It says 3-5 days. That was 17 days ago. I think one of their database developers doesn't like me.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:41 pm

Pretty floored by how quickly my GE application went through. I was prepared for the worst, and am feeling very lucky. Applied on 2023-03-15, received Conditional Approval early this morning (2023-03-17). Found a nearby appointment within a month of now (and could have had one sooner if I chose a different location). Here are a couple other details in case they affect things: 1) US Citizen; 2) I applied for TSA PreCheck on 2023-02-14 (expected GE to take longer so did PreC as I have a couple credits available), was approved on 2023-02-24; 3) I have a couple international flights booked in May, both have my passport information and KTN in their systems.
Old Mar 20, 2023, 2:55 pm

Holy crap... I actually have good news this time!

ME
Applied: 05/20/22
CA: 03/18/23 (302 days (9 months, 3 weeks, 5 days))
Interview: 03/20/23
Final Approval: xx/xx/xx

Looks like I may be able to use this service when I come back into the country after all!!
beachmouse likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.