Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
4/18 or 5/18? Just wanted to make sure..
I am sorry I had the date wrong the first time around. I have edited the original post.
Old May 25, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold; AAdvantage Gold; HH Gold
Applied - 4/7/2016
Conditional Approval - 4/13/2016

My appointment was today (5/25/2016) at 1:30PM (Originally, the earliest one I could find when looking to schedule immediately after getting the conditional approval was first week of June, but I checked back a few times and the 5/25 slot had opened up so I took it).

Arrived at the processing center at 1:00PM, was called in 15minutes ahead of my appointment time. Quick and easy process - they only asked if I needed this more for business or personal travel, and I told them I traveled often for each. Reviewed documents, took picture, gave fingerprints.

Was told I was approved and should be getting notified soon, and that the card should be arriving in 10 days or so. The e-mail about the full approval was in my inbox before I even got home from the appointment 30mins later, and approval and status change likewise immediately reflected on the website. Quite useful, as I actually have some travel to book this week.

FYI, there were two people in the office waiting area hoping to get a walk-in (earliest appointments in their respective hometowns were January and August). I mentioned this to the agent during my interview, and was told they would almost certainly be unable to take the walk-ins.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:00 am

Applied: May 20th PM

Still pending review.
SFO
Old May 26, 2016, 7:33 am

5/16 - applied. No update yet and is still pending for my 11 year old daughter. This is beyond frustrating ..
Old May 26, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kbgarris
05/14/16 Noon - Applied
05/23/16 12:10 am - Conditionally Approved
05/25/16 3 pm interview

Because of high volume/traffic, it's likely that my official approval status won't be updated until tomorrow she says, but there's no reason to think I won't be approved and verbally congratulated me as I gathered my passport/license to leave.... She said the card one would use to drive through the border @ Mexico or Canada will be sent in the next two weeks.
05/26/16 at 8:00 am I received my status change notification email and my approved status has been posted to my profile online.

Last edited by kbgarris; May 26, 2016 at 9:04 am Reason: updated information
Old May 26, 2016, 8:19 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Posted in the Global Entry Walk-In Interviews thread:
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
The whole system was down on Sat and part of Sun I was told (my interview for renewal was booked for last Sat morning, 10AM Doha time, there were a few other Americans there who had just flown in for their appt from places like Saudi, Dubai, Bahrain. We were told it was out "nationwide". He meant the US, not Qatar obviously. Luckily I was in Doha for 3 days so rescheduled with the interviewer for Mon (they don't do interviews on Mondays but real nice guy, not an ICE agent, he was a US Embassy employee........but I really felt for the others who flew in just for the interview, wasting a lot of time and money for nothing

Last edited by TWA884; May 26, 2016 at 11:03 am Reason: typo
Old May 26, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Posted in the Global Entry Walk-In Interviews thrread:
I agree, this past weekend the web site was just giving me an error and I was unable to login for quite some time before it got fixed.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Posted in the Global Entry Walk-In Interviews thrread:
I guess that is why my confirmation letter was delayed for three days.
Old May 26, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Same here. Applied 5/16 and still pending. Hope we get conditionally approved today.
Still nothing.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:13 pm

Applied April 17th and still pending review. I wrote to the contact email late yesterday to ask why the delay. It says it takes 2 to 3 business days to hear back from them.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Taoyuan
Wow that's fast! Are these processed centrally? Wonder what accounts for the differences in processing times, beyond things like arrests, etc.
Not sure, I have a very simple profile for what it's worth. Lived in the same place for the past 10 years and have had the same job as well.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:43 pm

Applied: 5/13
Conditionally Approved: 5/22
Interview: 5/26

Appointment was at 11:45 and arrived at 10:20 in anticipation of potential traffic and the person at the window, (not a CBP officer), was rude and condescending asking why I arrived early. I suppose the concept of "being early is better than being late" was beyond the comprehension of this person.....

Interview: CBP officer welcomed me into the back room at 10:30 and started the process. They already took my passport when I signed in and the officer did not ask to see my license or approval notification. The officer was very cordial and I was done in 5 minutes including picture/fingerprints. Didn't show me a demo of the GE machine as there wasn't one but it can't be that hard to figure out.

Questions: asked and wrote down my answers.

1. If I mainly travel for business or pleasure.
  2. If I have traveled to Canada or Mexico within the past 5 years.
  3. If I was arrested in the past.
  4. If I ever violated any customs laws.
  5. If I ever violated any immigration laws.
  6. Verified my address and birthday as well.

Last edited by Voli; May 26, 2016 at 12:54 pm
Old May 26, 2016, 1:06 pm

Applied on May 18. Still under Pending Review status...

No arrests, almost 8 years of federal government work history prior to current job...moved 3 times in 10 years, US Citizen, not sure why hold up. Visited 6 countries in last 10 years, only 1 that requires an entry Visa (China). Almost as plain vanilla as you can get.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by RC Cruiser
Applied April 17th and still pending review. I wrote to the contact email late yesterday to ask why the delay. It says it takes 2 to 3 business days to hear back from them.
anything weird about your history? Arrest record? DHS or Boarder and Customs run-ins? Non-US National? Living abroad? Similar name to someone on no-fly list?
Old May 26, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by rigor
Not sure, I have a very simple profile for what it's worth. Lived in the same place for the past 10 years and have had the same job as well.
Thanks for sharing. I just finished my undergraduate degree, so I had quite a few addresses from moving back and forth between school years and summers, and with a bunch of jobs. So I guess I didn't do myself any favors in the application process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.