ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 747FC
The ExpertFlyer support by email is at [email protected]

This is a community-maintained wiki, it is not necessarily endorsed by ExpertFlyer.

--------------------

Searches currently not working:
  • Upgrades - AY, BA, EK, EY, IB, QR, VS
  • Awards - AY, BA, IB, EY, QR, VS

To search AA upgrades:
  • Use the Award & Upgrade tool
  • Only search for individual segments (set the "Connection Preference" drop-down to "Direct/Non-Stop only"). Flight results that are part of a connection won't show the upgrade version of C or A inventory because AA only files upgrade inventory as individual, not married, segments. (Married segments show revenue inventory instead of upgrade inventory.)
  • To avoid confusion, check the "Exclude Codeshares" box, as AA awards and upgrades are not valid on codeshares.

Print Wikipost

ExpertFlyer.com Help Desk Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 6:10 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
EF subscribers can choose whether or not to receive "feature announcements or other general subscriber notices".

I want "feature announcements" and imagine most subscribers do. I do not want spam like today's "please take a Frequent Business Traveler Magazine survey" and "vote for us in the GlobeRunner Awards" message.

Please expand the options to allow your paying customers to decide whether they want this kind of message.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:50 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Calchas
A separate option for "Business (Full fare)" and "Business (Discounted fare)" in the drop down menu?
Possibly, we'd have to look into if there are negative consequences in the system if we have multiple entries that book into the same cabin.
Old May 1, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Possibly, we'd have to look into if there are negative consequences in the system if we have multiple entries that book into the same cabin.
IIRC, you already have this for US (F and J look in the same place on domestic flights) and AY in Y (discount vs full Y are distinguished).
Old May 1, 2015, 10:19 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Calchas
IIRC, you already have this for US (F and J look in the same place on domestic flights) and AY in Y (discount vs full Y are distinguished).
For US those are award classes, not seat maps, and F and J are different cabins. The airline may map F and J to the same cabin on some flights, but that isn't internal to EF.

With AY we cheat and internally use the PE cabin designation for one of those, however JL already has an actual PE cabin, so we can't do that.

We'll do some research and figure it out, however the original issue remains. When showing the "discount" economy seat map for JL, they may show those Occupied seats as Blocked, implying possible availability later where there is none.
Old May 14, 2015, 4:56 am
bxs

Text notification

Hi,

I've just signed up to EF, and would like to know how to set up notification to my mobile phone. My provider is Vodafone Australia.

Thanks.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:39 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bxs
Hi,

I've just signed up to EF, and would like to know how to set up notification to my mobile phone. My provider is Vodafone Australia.

Thanks.
Using the Email 2 and Email 3 fields on the My Account page and the text email address of your phone: https://www.expertflyer.com/popup/cell-carrier.jsp
Old May 15, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A question, if I may please, about married sectors / segments and availability alerts.

I'm looking at an itinerary that's AAA-BBB-CCC. Because of the airline's married sector approach, the whole itinerary currently has L2. AAA-BBB on its own is showing L9, but BBB-CCC on its own is LC.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is to be alerted if availability on the whole AAA-CCC itinerary drops below L2. However, setting alerts for each individual sector gives results corresponding to L9 and LC respectively.

Is there any way round this, or is this simply a limitation inherent in the way that EF works?
Old May 15, 2015, 9:10 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Globaliser
A question, if I may please, about married sectors / segments and availability alerts.

I'm looking at an itinerary that's AAA-BBB-CCC. Because of the airline's married sector approach, the whole itinerary currently has L2. AAA-BBB on its own is showing L9, but BBB-CCC on its own is LC.

Ideally, what I'd like to do is to be alerted if availability on the whole AAA-CCC itinerary drops below L2. However, setting alerts for each individual sector gives results corresponding to L9 and LC respectively.

Is there any way round this, or is this simply a limitation inherent in the way that EF works?
It's a limitation, at this time Flight Alerts can't handle married segments.
Old May 16, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thanks, ExpertFlyer Voice - much appreciated.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 10:38 pm

For ExpertFlyer Voice:

As of 2130 hours US Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday, 24 June, I get an error message reading "Access to Website Blocked" when I try to log in to ExpertFlyer.

AFAIK, my subscription is in good order.

Any idea what's up?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Bitterroot
For ExpertFlyer Voice:

As of 2130 hours US Pacific Daylight Time on Wednesday, 24 June, I get an error message reading "Access to Website Blocked" when I try to log in to ExpertFlyer.

AFAIK, my subscription is in good order.

Any idea what's up?
I can log in fine. FYI, from the wiki:
If you have any questions about using ExpertFlyer or wish to report any issues, please email them at [email protected].
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
US Airways Award Availability Stripped?

I received multiple alerts this morning about some domestic flights I was monitoring award inventory (DCA-LGA, specifically monitoring for a decrease in availability) and when I logged into EF, I noted the results no longer match with AA.com or BritishAirways.com. Temporary glitch?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:25 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by picards007
I received multiple alerts this morning about some domestic flights I was monitoring award inventory (DCA-LGA, specifically monitoring for a decrease in availability) and when I logged into EF, I noted the results no longer match with AA.com or BritishAirways.com. Temporary glitch?
We did a handful of searches and can't even find any saver awards for US Air flights on AA.com. Do you have an example of AA.com showing saver award availability for a US operated flight? We will contact our AA reps to see what is going on but it looks like something happened to the award classes on US flights.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA is always having glitches with its interlink to AA
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Why does class of service availability change on a particular flight when putting in different connections. Example: BOS DCA PHX on July 25th: Flying on US 2142 and connecting to US 563, EF shows F9 and X5 on flight 563. Flying on US 2139 and connecting to US 563 (the same flight from DCA to PHX), EF shows F8 X1 on flight 563. Doesn't make sense to me! Any explanation? Thx for your insight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.