Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 12:15 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by rey88
Thanks Emailkid. Btw, any idea I will be able to access any of the *A lounge with my F ticket from SQ while waiting for my next UA flight?
There is United Club in each of the terminals and two in Term C, but if your next flight is on a separate ticket, you may be out of luck, as it would be considered as arrivals lounge. If on the same PNR then Yes, access.

Don't know about SQ (believe) contract lounge in area D (you exit Immigration in E), but if that is no go I would try UA anyway and show SQ and UA boarding passes.

Oh, and welcome to FlyerTalk
Old May 2, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
There is United Club in each of the terminals and two in Term C, but if your next flight is on a separate ticket, you may be out of luck, as it would be considered as arrivals lounge. If on the same PNR then Yes, access.

Don't know about SQ (believe) contract lounge in area D (you exit Immigration in E), but if that is no go I would try UA anyway and show SQ and UA boarding passes.

Oh, and welcome to FlyerTalk
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. Cheers!
Old May 24, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
So I have a 1 hour connection at IAH on an itinerary of YYZ-IAH-NRT-SIN. The YYZ-IAH flight comes into Terminal C (UX) and I depart from Terminal D (NH). Is 1 hour sufficient to conenct?
Old May 24, 2015, 8:24 pm

If all goes well, yes.

Since you clear customs and immigration in Toronto you won't have that to slow you down.

Don't know how strict NH is on cutoff, But UA will offload you at T30 (int'l flight) min if you are not there and flight is overbooked.

C is a large terminal, so depending on which gate you land at, it can be a bit of a hike, especially if you arrive at south gates. The interterminal train should help a little.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Thanks! The Interterminal train is airside after security? Is there anything I need to do after disembarking? This would be my first time on UA, or even flying through the States! Much appreciated!
Old May 24, 2015, 10:22 pm

Since you pass through Immigration / Customs at YYZ, it's considered a domestic flight, so all you have to do is hustle to D for your connecting flight.

Yes, the connection you want is airside, so no need to exit secure area.

There is an old train in the basement, but if you choose to use that, you exit secure area and IMHO have no chance to connect. Very few people know about this these days BTW.

So just take the ABOVE, DON'T exit secure area, and all should be good.

UAL.com has a map of IAH, and you can look there to see what awaits.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:25 am

Thanks! Much Appreciated!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:18 pm

Hello everyone:

I am traveling to Tokyo next month and this is my itinerary:

Brownsville, TX (BRO) to IAH via United Airlines and then IAH to NRT via All Nippon Airways

On my previous trips, i used to travel via Continental all the way from BRO to IAH to NRT, so this is the first time I am using two different airlines.

Do i need to claim my luggage once we land at Houston and then transfer it to ANA?

Thanks
Old Aug 31, 2015, 4:56 pm

Travelling on UA from AMS to IAH, then connecting on a separate ticket at IAH to PHX on AA. Will there be a place in the international arrivals at terminal E to check my bags onward on AA (or, if UA will tag them through to PHX, to drop them off)? Or do I need to lug the bags from terminal E over to terminal A in order to check them for my onward AA flight? What's the mode of transportation landside from E to A? Bus?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Travelling on UA from AMS to IAH, then connecting on a separate ticket at IAH to PHX on AA. Will there be a place in the international arrivals at terminal E to check my bags onward on AA (or, if UA will tag them through to PHX, to drop them off)? Or do I need to lug the bags from terminal E over to terminal A in order to check them for my onward AA flight? What's the mode of transportation landside from E to A? Bus?
OUCH

I never check bags, so my info may not be quite accurate, but I'll give it a shot.

I am fairly certain that UA and AA have an interline agreement, so you should be able to pick up you luggage (do savvy travelers travel with luggage ) past immigration but before customs, then drop it off on the belt.

If that does not work, you'd have to schlep to the basement to take the tram, aka Subway according to fly2houston.com.

At least you don't have to go outside into the hot Texas summer
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:46 pm

Thanks. I guess the good news is I will already be outside security so taking the subway, if I can find it, should be relatively easy.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
if I can find it, should be relatively easy.
It's been a while, but if you cannot interline (and I still think you can), IIRC there are either moving stairs or even better an elevator to the basement in E term main lobby.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 2:43 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm flying BZE-IAH on Oct 2 and I have a Global Entry screening appointment *airside* near the Ruby's diner exactly one hour after my flight lands.

I'm flying first class on award so I should be able to get off the plane and to immigration super fast.

My plan of attack is:
Immigration Automated Kiosk (US Citizen) -> Turn left, go through One-Stop to get into Terminal E. (With no checked luggage.) -> Then I think I'll be airside at E and able to get to my appointment on time. (Am I wrong in assuming the One-Stop drops you out right into E, airside?)

However, I've heard that One-Stop is closed sometimes. So the more arduous journey would be:
Immigration Automated Kiosk -> Customs line -> Customs -> Clear TSA at E -> Appointment with CBP.

Do you think either of these is realistic in an hour? Any better way to handle this?

Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:04 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by jmb443
Hi everyone,
I'm flying BZE-IAH on Oct 2 and I have a Global Entry screening appointment *airside* near the Ruby's diner exactly one hour after my flight lands.

I'm flying first class on award so I should be able to get off the plane and to immigration super fast.

My plan of attack is:
Immigration Automated Kiosk (US Citizen) -> Turn left, go through One-Stop to get into Terminal E. (With no checked luggage.) -> Then I think I'll be airside at E and able to get to my appointment on time. (Am I wrong in assuming the One-Stop drops you out right into E, airside?)

However, I've heard that One-Stop is closed sometimes. So the more arduous journey would be:
Immigration Automated Kiosk -> Customs line -> Customs -> Clear TSA at E -> Appointment with CBP.

Do you think either of these is realistic in an hour? Any better way to handle this?

Thanks!
With one-stop you still have to re-clear TSA but it drops you in the E area post 20 seconds from the GE spot near Ruby's. With one-stop you will have no problem making it.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
With one-stop you still have to re-clear TSA but it drops you in the E area post 20 seconds from the GE spot near Ruby's. With one-stop you will have no problem making it.
Thumbs up, thanks very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.