Reload this Page >

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

IAH / George Bush Intercontinental Connections Information and Times
Domestic and International (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

IAH / Houston Bush Intercontinental: flight connections

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, *A
Smile

Two weeks ago my flight arrived IAH almost midnight. Before landing, the FA announced one pax in seat 23C had only 15 min before his next flight, so all other passengers are asked to let him leave the aircraft first when the door opened. All passengers, including first class, complied, and he walked fast to the door while thanking everybody else.

I don't know if he got to his next flight in time, but the answer to your question is: YES, it is possible. Tell the ground staff and flight attendance of your tight transfer time.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've done a 45 minute connection, gone through immigration, customs, agriculture, gone from E to B (on the train) and made the flight with plenty of time to pick up something to eat and use the loo.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Grateful for answers to a related question: I will be coming in on UA/CO from LIM, connecting onto IAD. I have 6 hours between flights, so am planning to refreshen at the Sheraton.

Few questions:

- Looks like the LIM flight comes into terminal C, though on the website it does not mention international arrival facilities in C ?

- what kind of waiting times to expect at immigration at 6am on a THU morning ?

- when to be back for a noon depature from B, assuming a First ticket, checked-in, hand luggage only ?

- any special advise how not to waste too much time waiting for the hotel shuttle ?

many thanks
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by banzani
- Looks like the LIM flight comes into terminal C, though on the website it does not mention international arrival facilities in C ?

- what kind of waiting times to expect at immigration at 6am on a THU morning ?

- when to be back for a noon depature from B, assuming a First ticket, checked-in, hand luggage only ?
Int'l flights arrive in E, no place to go in C. (Non UACO int'l flights arrive in D).

IAH immigration / customs is normally pretty good. If you are flying in FC int'l you have access to President's Club, which IIRC has showers, so you could just stay there and not worry about when to come back.

EmailKid
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:55 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have a similar situation

I am traveling with husband and 3 kids AUA (Aruba) to MCI. United just sent me a change in itinerary that cuts my layover at IAH from 1 hr 10 min down to 39 minutes.

The problem is, the only good alternate route is United flights that are operated by US Airways, and they're saying I can't switch to those flights.

I can come home from my trip a day early but my hotel in Aruba is prepaid. Is my best option to try the 39 minute and be stuck in Houston overnight if we miss it?

Anita
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by akp
I am traveling with husband and 3 kids AUA (Aruba) to MCI. United just sent me a change in itinerary that cuts my layover at IAH from 1 hr 10 min down to 39 minutes.
I'm assuming you would have to clear Customs / Immigration, in which case there is ZERO chance of making the connection.

Not sure what to suggest other than calling the airline to see what they can do.

EmailKid
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:13 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Yes to customs / immigration

I was stunned that they'd consider this a valid connection with 39 minutes to get off the plane, get luggage if any was checked, and make it through customs. That sounds ridiculous even on my own, much less with my 3 children and husband in tow. (husband sometimes lollygags worse than the kids!)

I ended up changing to a Friday flight home. I'm missing out on one night of my prepaid hotel but at least I won't have the stress of an impossible connection.

Anita
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:32 am

How far is Terminal A to D at IAH? enough to transfer luggage?

I am traveling outbound from US DFW (Dallas) airport. I need to travel from DFW to IAH (Houston) to take my connecting flight and there is only 1hr timeframe. Here is my Itinerary.

AIR AMERICAN AIRLINES FLT:1236
LV DALLAS FT WORTH 630P EQP: MD-80
01HR 00MIN
AR HOUSTON GEO BUSH 730P NON-STOP
ARRIVE: TERMINAL A REF: FUXDAM
AIR QATAR AIRWAYS FLT:78
LV HOUSTON GEO BUSH 840P EQP: 77L
DEPART: TERMINAL D INTERNATIONAL

How far is TERMINAL A to TERMINAL D? Can airlines transfer the luggage with in an hour?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:05 am

Actualy connecting IAH to IAH

Lots of good info in this thread

You will have no problem making the connection. Take the train from Term A where you will arrive to Term D where you will fly from.

EmailKid
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:31 am

Thanks EmailKid. It was helpful.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Lots of good info in this thread
Originally Posted by matrixddl
Thanks EmailKid. It was helpful.
You're welcome.

Looks like your thread got merged with the existing thread I linked to above.

I did not address your luggage question, but that too should be no problem.

EmailKid
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:25 am

Question IAH Houston- international connecting time - 2 hrs enough ??

Hi,

I will be returning to Houston IAH this month from an international flight and will be connecting domestically on United. The international flight arrives at 2.30pm and the connecting United is at 4.30 pm.

So, is 2 hrs enough at IAH airport to clear customs and then board a domestic flight ? Or, am I stretching it ? I am a US citizen - so , I am assuming that the immigration clearance will be much faster for me.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, *G, Global Entry
Originally Posted by deltheking
I am a US citizen - so , I am assuming that the immigration clearance will be much faster for me.
Not necessarily a good assumption. Last time I did an international arrival at IAH (from Bonaire), there were the same number of agents handling the US citizen line as the non-citizen line, and the ratio of people in the lines was about 3 to 1. The citizen line was taking a lot longer.

That's when we decided to get GE cards...

joe
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:39 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Texas Forum.
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by deltheking
So, is 2 hrs enough at IAH airport to clear customs and then board a domestic flight
It's been a while since I've done int'l arrivals at IAH, and it can be time dependent, but with 2 hours you should be quite safe.

EmailKid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.