Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:42 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Mrs. DUF, Micro DUF and I just completed a 3 night stay there. We moved from the MO so we were a bit spoilt.

General Appearance:

The hotel is a bit dated and could do with a complete makeover. Everything smells heavily after cigarettes.

"Lounge":

As previous posters have mentioned, there is no club lounge. However, Platinums get free drinks in the main bar area on the ground floor during early evening.
This might be beneficial if you are after alcohol since you have a wide range of drinks to chose from which you can order from the menu. If alcohol however is not your main priority and you are after a small snack before dinner than you will be disappointed as there is no food included in your benefits.

Room:

We received an upgrade to one of the two Imperial Suites on the top floor ^. A gigantic living room, small kitchen room, good size bedroom and a huge bathroom with a very nice shower.
Like in the public areas, it would be time to renovate. The beds are not Starwood standards and all Imperial Suites are smoking rooms.

Breakfast:

As a Platinum you get a free breakfast. There is no buffet and you get 4 choices of a la cart breakfast from which you can chose as a Platinum. To get the breakfast (and the evening drinks) you need to show your benefit card which only has your check out date on it and no name or room number. So be careful not to lose it as someone else would be able to use it.
The breakfast is one of the worst I have ever seen in a *W property. Poor choices, low quality. We had to wait for up to 20 minutes to get a table as the restaurant is small and the hotel is big.

There are major attractions in the area: A 7 Eleven is only 500 km away. And there is a book store within 6 flight hours.
In all seriousness. The location is not that great. However the subway station is only 5 minutes walk away. Who ever takes the shuttle bus to the subway is wasting time.

Verdict: Okay, but not great. I should have stayed at the MO but then again, it is 3 times the price.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there Internet access in the lounge during the evening drinks time? Could I use my laptop to access wireless there? Also what is the health club like...traditional Japanese style?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 4:57 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
"Lounge":

As previous posters have mentioned, there is no club lounge. However, Platinums get free drinks in the main bar area on the ground floor during early evening.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there Internet access in the lounge during the evening drinks time? Could I use my laptop to access wireless there?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:54 am

Is there Internet access in the lounge during the evening drinks time? Could I use my laptop to access wireless there?
They sell Wi-Fi card for JPY500 (for a day) to use at the Bamboo Lounge where they serve complimentary drinks for 10am-8pm for SPG Platinum members.

Also what is the health club like...traditional Japanese style?
Define "traditional Japanese style" - are you thinking of working out on tatami mat?

Health club comes with swimming pool, sauna, changing room, tiny workout room, and dining space where you can order meal.

Also, as a special promotion, they're giving complimentary western breakfast buffet at their Chinese restaurant (funny!) for any corporate account guests until the end of April. As a Platinum member, you still get these free breakfast options (4 choices) at Café California, but these are set menus. So, any big eater or buffet lover can have another option now. They can also cook eggs for you. There is no line at this restaurant (Shisen) for breakfast unlike Café California.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1KUGS, AA Plat., SPG Plat., Hertz Five*
December 07 I did not have any wait issues with the Cafe. I found the breakfast decent. They also did free room service continental breakfast for plats during my stay. There is an izakaya near the station that's pretty fun if you are into Japanese style pubs. I also found the concierge very helpful with planning my day. No upgrade was given.

Last edited by shortcut3d; Feb 13, 2009 at 12:18 pm
Old Mar 16, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Any coin laundry located nearby the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo? I really don't want to pay $10 per t-shirt.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Any coin laundry located nearby the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo?.
I can answer my own question now, for those who are interested. There's a coin laundromat down a small street. Head west on Meguro-dori, past "The Garden" supermarket. Turn left at the first street after The Garden. There should be a dry cleaner across the street, and the street is angled, not at a perpendicular to Meguro-dori. Keep walking down that side street, it is on your left hand side.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I can answer my own question now, for those who are interested. There's a coin laundromat down a small street. Head west on Meguro-dori, past "The Garden" supermarket. Turn left at the first street after The Garden. There should be a dry cleaner across the street, and the street is angled, not at a perpendicular to Meguro-dori. Keep walking down that side street, it is on your left hand side.
You've probably found the closest laundromat by yourself - thanks very much for posting your findings here!

If you do want a change, there's a Public bath with Natural Mineral water about a km to the North where you can bathe and wash your clothes at the same time. The Onsen Spa is called Takenoyu and has a laundromat attached to it
http://homepage3.nifty.com/takenoyu/
MAP
東京都港区南麻布1−15−12 (Minami Azabu 1-15-12)
Open from 15:30〜23:30 most days
03-3453-1446 (the concierge should be able to check for you)

Onsen costs 450 yen (or 900yen for bath and sauna)

Laundromat open from 7am to 11pm every day - 300yen for a wash, 100 yen for the drier
Old Jun 8, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by shortcut3d
There is an izakaya near the station that's pretty fun if you are into Japanese style pubs.
I'm contemplating a stay here for an upcoming trip. For the izakaya, any good?

Is it a major chain like Watami or a local outfit?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
We received an upgrade to one of the two Imperial Suites on the top floor ^. A gigantic living room, small kitchen room, good size bedroom and a huge bathroom with a very nice shower.
Like in the public areas, it would be time to renovate. The beds are not Starwood standards and all Imperial Suites are smoking rooms.
I have stayed at this hotel so many times, and I always got a regular size room after renovation. I always book the cheapest available rate from their local web site in Japan. Did you book with a higher rate???

Originally Posted by FlyMan
Also, as a special promotion, they're giving complimentary western breakfast buffet at their Chinese restaurant (funny!) for any corporate account guests until the end of April. As a Platinum member, you still get these free breakfast options (4 choices) at Café California, but these are set menus. So, any big eater or buffet lover can have another option now. They can also cook eggs for you. There is no line at this restaurant (Shisen) for breakfast unlike Café California.
I think it is permanent now that Plats can choose breakfast from room service, set menu at Cafe California, or buffet at the Chinese restaurant.

Last edited by kats; Jun 17, 2009 at 11:44 pm
Old Jun 9, 2009, 9:13 am

Programs: Mucci (for services to Gin), VS Au, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis Pref+, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by kats
I think it is permanent now that Plats can choose breakfast from room service, set menu at Cafe California, or buffet at the Chinese restaurant.
I stayed at this property two weeks ago and was not offered anything other than room service (Continental breakfast only) or Cafe California. I had to wait an inordinate time for a table but once seated the service was good. The breakfast wasn't that bad, in fact they do some mean scrambled eggs. It was cooked *just* the way I like it, a little soft still and nice small pieces of egg.

In order to get some stay credits I did some hotel hopping between this property, the Sheraton Yokohama and the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay (complete with a giant Penguin) and this was my least favourite hotel. Nothing particularly bad about it and the Club benefits were quite generous (booze from 10am-8pm) but the property is a little eighties-tastic in the public areas.

I wasn't given a suite upgrade, I did ask at check-in but was told that no suites were available. This was a theme that continued throughout my Tokyo vacation.

I'd say this is an average Sheraton, nothing bad happened, the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly but nothing particularly stood out but at USD$100 for the room I couldn't complain, especially in Tokyo!
Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
I'm contemplating a stay here for an upcoming trip. For the izakaya, any good?

Is it a major chain like Watami or a local outfit?
You can take their complimentary shuttle service to Meguro station and you will find tons of Izakaya. I would recommend "Uotami" (I believe it's an Izakaya chain) located in the building (5F) right next to KFC in front of the station - their menu has tons of food photos along with English description for folks who don't read/speak Japanese. One time I took a meat eater (who did not eat fish - either cookded or fresh), a sushi lover (who did not eat meat), and a person who was not into Japanese meal there - everyone found something they enjoyed.

Of course, the hotel concierge ladies are very good at finding any other suitable restaurants for you.

Originally Posted by tony2x
I'd say this is an average Sheraton, nothing bad happened, the rooms were clean and the staff were friendly but nothing particularly stood out but at USD$100 for the room I couldn't complain, especially in Tokyo!
Exactly. If you combine all the Platinum benefits (cooked breakfast, booze for 10a-8p, fitness club access), they would most likely exceed their room rate...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:12 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I am SPG hopping right now, yesterday was Miyako and today is Westin tokyo.
I got regular , but still deluxe(they call) room at Miyako.
I do not know the difference between deluxe and standard rooms.
However, for 1 night, deluxe was good enough with free internet.

At Westin, I got 19th FL corner king.
Is this a little biger than regular?
Recentry I used to have this room.
Not suite anymore?
But for 1 night, nothing I have complain.
I requested just next to lounge for free internet access(someone mentioned Executive lounge wireless can reach nearby rooms), but I guessed other folks here took those rooms already.

Today, I will be back to Miyako.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kats
I have stayed their so many times, and I always got a regular size room after renovation. I always book the cheapest available rate from their local web site in Japan. Did you book with a higher rate???
No, I booked the cheapest rate I could find using my corporate rate. Do you travel alone of with family? I get a lot more upgrades when I travel with my family (and this is when I actually need them) compared to when I travel alone. In fact, I sometimes decline upgrades when I am alone because someone else might need it more urgently than I do.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Originally Posted by FlyMan
You can take their complimentary shuttle service to Meguro station and you will find tons of Izakaya. I would recommend "Uotami" (I believe it's an Izakaya chain) located in the building (5F) right next to KFC in front of the station - their menu has tons of food photos along with English description for folks who don't read/speak Japanese.
Hey, thanks. Japanese isn't a problem. It's just I'm arriving late the 1st night and don't feel like scrambling all over just to find a decent resto. It'll be the 1st time I'll be at this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.