Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; OneWorld Emerald; *A Gold
Just arrived at the hotel, the cab cost exactly 300HRK. This was at 9:30pm
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by spellbound2
I know it's difficult to advise for others, but if you had your option, how long would you stay at Le Meridien Split in order to get a feel for the area? the other locations in Croatia or Slovenia?
It really depends on what you want to do. I'm biased since I live here but I definitely think there's enough to keep you busy for at least 3-4 days and more if you want to venture further afield (Dubrovnik, Hvar, Plitvice). We tell friends who come to visit that you can easily spend two days in Split (museums, the old town, Marjan hill, the Roman ruins in Salona) and there's enough shopping and dining to cover that easily. Then you probably should spend at least one day at the beach. Then Krka National Park takes a day, Brac (for Bol) is another day, and there's more (Trogir, Kastela, Omis and the Cetina canyon, Mostar, Medjugorje, Korcula, Vis, etc.) There are also excursions by boat, hiking, and more. It depends on what you want to do (active or passive, standard touristy or off-beat). This is the Starwood forum so if you want Starwood, your choice on the coast is Split (and Zagreb inland). Hilton can get you to Dubrovnik, Radisson has properties near Pula (as well as Split and Dubrovnik) but in many places you'll need to go independent (Hvar, Zadar, Opatija, etc.) Many people also like to rent a sailboat (and a skipper) and take a week to sail to various coves and towns. Anyway, you can take as long or as short as you want/have to get a feel for the country. I know that doesn't answer your question totally, but it really depends on you and your likes and budget. The standard for most Europeans seems to be at least a week just lying on the beach (and going to dinner in town at night) and then a few additional days for sightseeing. But Americans tend to want more active vacations so they can usually cover more in less time.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Just to report back that both of my award stays this month were upgraded to Deluxe rooms overlooking the Marina in block A. We were very happy with this location and the room. The hotel was totally sold out so I can't complain about not getting a suite. The Deluxe rooms are pretty large anyways. And even though I parked a car, I was never charged on my bill either time. I don't know if that is a Platinum benefit or just a mistake.

Also I agree that the Platinum breakfast is a pretty good deal here. The restaurant was crowded each morning, but the staff did a pretty good job keeping up.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 9:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I emailed the hotel to inquire about their shuttle. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned upthread, but it has a cost of 20 HRK pp. one way (for this season, at least). This is their schedule:
0900 Hotel - Split
0930 Split - Hotel
1000 Hotel - Split
1030 Split - Hotel
1100 Hotel - Split
1130 Split - Hotel
1700 Hotel - Split
1730 Split - Hotel
1800 Hotel - Split
1830 Split - Hotel
1900 Hotel - Split
1930 Split - Hotel
2230 Split - Hotel
2330 Split - Hotel
My rate includes a free dinner (exclusive of taxes, gratuities and alcohol). Are there any suggestions on which restaurant to eat at for the best food/view? I'm traveling with a pescetarian.

Last edited by pewpew; Jun 6, 2015 at 9:23 am
Old Jun 6, 2015, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by pewpew
My rate includes a free dinner (exclusive of taxes, gratuities and alcohol). Are there any suggestions on which restaurant to eat at for the best food/view? I'm traveling with a pescetarian.
I think there is only one choice. All the other restaurants on the property are not technically part of the hotel. You can't charge dinners there to your room and they also don't take Amex. Enjoy your free dinner in the main restaurant and on the other nights I recommend going into town where there are loads of nice places that give you a better value for your money.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I emailed the hotel to inquire about their shuttle. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned upthread, but it has a cost of 20 HRK pp. one way (for this season, at least). This is their schedule:
If you're arriving by boat, don't go across the street to catch the bus. That's where all the intercity busses are.
As of last June/July, the bus stops on the ferry side of the street. I don't recall seeing any signs, but the bus is marked.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
If you're arriving by boat, don't go across the street to catch the bus. That's where all the intercity busses are.
As of last June/July, the bus stops on the ferry side of the street. I don't recall seeing any signs, but the bus is marked.
Thanks for the tip. I'll be taking the OU bus from the airport, but since my flight lands at noon, it looks like I've got the choice between doing some sightseeing until 5:30 or taking a cab.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:13 am

Checked in yesterday. Got a room facing the Marina on the 9th floor. At first, they gave us an old smelly room on the first floor as our reservation didn't show any status. The front desk staff can't do much without going over to get approval from the Concierge desk staff. Golds and Platinums check-in at the Concierge desk, we didn't know at first, the sign was away from the desk.

We took the LM bus to town this morning and catch the public bus #60 back to the hotel. The public bus stop is about 10 mins walk to the hotel.

We are picking up a rental car in downtown tomorrow. Our plan is to drive to Plitvice for a day trip, then return the car at the airport upon leaving Split the next day.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:47 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by imm2b
Checked in yesterday. Got a room facing the Marina on the 9th floor. At first, they gave us an old smelly room on the first floor as our reservation didn't show any status. The front desk staff can't do much without going over to get approval from the Concierge desk staff. Golds and Platinums check-in at the Concierge desk, we didn't know at first, the sign was away from the desk.

We took the LM bus to town this morning and catch the public bus #60 back to the hotel. The public bus stop is about 10 mins walk to the hotel.

We are picking up a rental car in downtown tomorrow. Our plan is to drive to Plitvice for a day trip, then return the car at the airport upon leaving Split the next day.
Plitvice is ~5h and gets pretty crowded. I'd suggest Krka, an overnight in Plitvice, or leaving super early for Plitvice

Also, the #60 stops ~2 minutes away from the hotel as well. It's the second stop in Podstrana.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:15 am

Plitvice is ~5h and gets pretty crowded. I'd suggest Krka, an overnight in Plitvice, or leaving super early for Plitvice

Also, the #60 stops ~2 minutes away from the hotel as well. It's the second stop in Podstrana.
Thanks I didn't know. We got off the first stop because we were afraid going pass the hotel and had to walk back in the hot sun. Hindsight, we would have taken the taxi if we knew the bus doesn't have A/C. It was very hot today, in the 90's and high humidity.

Is google map wrong or is it because of traffic? Google says it's only ~2.5 hours from LM to Plitvice Lakes.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:54 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.1.2576 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Thanks I didn't know. We got off the first stop because we were afraid going pass the hotel and had to walk back in the hot sun. Hindsight, we would have taken the taxi if we knew the bus doesn't have A/C. It was very hot today, in the 90's and high humidity.

Is google map wrong or is it because of traffic? Google says it's only ~2.5 hours from LM to Plitvice Lakes.
I did the same my first time around and ended up asking someone nearby to call me a cab. If you ride up to Omis, you'll realise that the bus stops frequently enough in Podstrana that going too far is nbd.

I might have been quoting the drive to Zagreb; I'd trust Google.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

We took a van tour of the park as a day trip. IIRC, 3, maybe 3.5 hours. We also made a stop to eat on the 'highway'.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by dhammer53
We took a van tour of the park as a day trip. IIRC, 3, maybe 3.5 hours. We also made a stop to eat on the 'highway'.
Right. We rented a car and drove just under 3 hours. Google map was about 50km short of the entrance to the park. We left at 10AM from Split old town and got to the park entrance 2 just before 1PM. We stopped once for gas and some traffic jam because of construction near the 5,768-meter (3.58 miles) long Sveti Rok Tunnel. Toll for the highway from Plitvice to Split was 80 kuna each way, paid once at each end.

The park was very crowded, we waited for almost an hour for the boat to start the walk on the F route from top to bottom and taking the train back to Entrance 2 parking. We left the park at 5PM and got back to Split old town around 7:30PM. Tip for those who are driving. Park at Entrance 2, don't wait in line for ticket at the kiosk in the parking area. Go directly to the entrance and buy ticket at the ticketing office on your right at the entrance, there's no line.

Overall, we were glad to see Plitvice lakes, beautiful turquoise water and fish. But as far as waterfalls, Iguazu falls were much more impressive. We loved Croatia for the food, friendliness and beautiful the Dalmation coast. We hope to come back soon.
Old May 10, 2016, 7:57 am

3 days stay at this hotel with BRG rate -20% and my opinion about Le Meridien Lav Split :
For Platinium this hotel is not worth staying, you don’t receive anything more than you pay.

At check-in you can choose between 500points or breakfast any question about local gift, we book superior room with sea view and exactly we have what book (any upgrade, hotel still before season and not too much guests).
Lounge : NO
Welcome letter at room : YES
Any welcome drinks or gifts : NO
Free drinks at bar : NO
Turndown service : YES, for PLT around 6-7pm
Greenchoice : YES
Car parking : 9.50EUR per day
Thay have extra city tax per day : 12HRT per person not included in quoted price.
Late check-out : declined (resort), leaving 12:00 off season !!!

Breakfast I read opinion on tripadvisor and I can’t confirm opinions that there is large selection and good quality. For me typical 3star hotel European breakfast and quality directly from Kaufland shop form Split downtown . First day we have good waiter service but second day we need waiting at table for waiter 15min, we complain this to staff and next 5min next couple complained about service in this moment thay exchange all waiters at this part of restaurant.
Rooms are not so big only 25-35m2.
I have next week another 1 night stay before our flight back, and I thinking about cancelling it and go with Airnbnb 35EUR than 180EUR with LeMeridien it is not worth this price for us only for 14h.

Next time if I want put my 200EUR per night I will look different hotels at this area, Le Meridien is not focused on SPG programm thay are like Sheraton Fuerteventura focused on tour operator guests.
Next days our stay is in Sheraton Dubrovnik.

Last edited by HHQX888; May 10, 2016 at 11:57 am
Old May 11, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Rent a Car?

Will be in Split for 5 days in July. Only trips will be to and from the airport and probably 4 or 5 trips to and from downtown. Car rental for a decent sized car is $200-$250. Does it pay to rent or should I use cabs and the hotel shuttle. Most trips will probably be by cab since the shuttle is infrequent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.