Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:26 pm
pjs

Really enjoyed our stay at LM Lav. Got upgraded to a superior room with marina view. Bed is on the hard side but we’ve had no trouble sleeping. Breakfast is good (but not quite as good as Hilton Dubrovnik). Beach area was pleasant with chairs and umbrellas included at no charge. We also found a great driver (1st Uber guy we got) who we just paid cash for each trip in/out of Split. Happy to provide info via PM. He lives near the hotel. One night we went to Konoba Nikola which was a great restaurant near the hotel.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:24 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Rendering of one of the new rooms - these should come online by next summer.

khabah

Old Apr 1, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am resurrecting this thread. Does anyone has an update on the renovation status ? Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am resurrecting this thread. Does anyone has an update on the renovation status ? Thanks
I inquired about a stay in July and they said 2 out of 4 hotel blocks have been renovated. The rest will be done in 2022.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Fond memories of a stay here 7 years ago or so brought back to life by recent Below Deck: Sailing Yacht episodes
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Fond memories of a stay here 7 years ago or so brought back to life by recent Below Deck: Sailing Yacht episodes
Did they visit the restaurant or hotel on the show? I saw it in the skyline of a background shot.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
They just use the dock outside (and will be ramming it heavily next episode!)
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
They just use the dock outside (and will be ramming it heavily next episode!)
I would assume the production crew is using the hotel as well, but yes not shown in the show.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Zdravo from the Le Meridien Split Lav!

After some Delta-related IROPs out of JFK yesterday we are finally in Split, Croatia! We originally booked a Deluxe Sea View room and received an “upgrade” to the Premium Sea View room that faces the Marina. The room is spacious but it was somewhat disappointing to not have my SNAs clear prior to arrival to see them offer cash upgrades on check in.

We did a quick walk around of the grounds and the beaches and will be reading this thread throughly for recommendations for our next two days here from y’all FT’ers!

Cheers!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Anyone stay at this hotel and the Sheraton Dubrovnik Hotel? Which would you recommend for a beach property but also things to do nearby?
Old May 28, 2023, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What are the benefits for Titanium members beyond breakfast? Im assuming no lounge since this is a Le Meridien, but any welcome amenity or other perks?
Old Aug 31, 2023, 12:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What are the benefits for Titanium members beyond breakfast? Im assuming no lounge since this is a Le Meridien, but any welcome amenity or other perks?
Very little - 2 bottles of water per day
Breakfast

My review of the trip:

Before the trip we received an email that our suite upgrades did not clear and also that this resort does not grant late checkouts. When we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded to a better view room. Would not have known that this was an upgrade as it was probably one of the worst rooms in the place, but was fine.

As far as elite benefits go, we chose the breakfast which is a buffet that I thought all guests got for free except on my last day I overheard a guest ask how much and was told 25 € each. A solid buffet and the obvious choice over the 1000 pts per stay benefit.

Room was clean and fine, but small and a very small bathroom and shower. I swear the shower is 24" x 24" wide. Fortunately I am not overly large and can fit in. There is also a separate bathtub too. Air conditioning worked well and the bed was very firm but I slept well on it. The one thing I will say is that the rooms were very quiet. Never heard a sound from anywhere.

Facilities - there is a small pool and beach on two sides of the hotel. The hotel has free chairs at the pool and the beach for guests which is great. Plenty of chairs for everyone. I beleive they have some paid chairs/cabanas but fortunately they are off to the side and did not get in the way. I don't think anyone while I was there paid for any of those chairs.

Costs - HIGH

Overall I found Croatia to be expensive. At this hotel you get the yaught type guests. I ordered a Corona Beer 8€ and a glass of wine 12€ at the pool bar. Many resorts and restaurants on the beach in Europe the past while were pricing at 3.50 - 5€ for a beer and 5€-7€ for a wine, so I thought quite expensive. Went to the pub restaurant one night and had a burger for 25€ but at least it did come with fries. Wife and I tried the other two restaurants and the meals costs about 100€ - 150€ for dinner with a drink or two with the wife. I guess resort prices. Food quality was OK but not great.

Parking - self park 14€ per day

Rules - big list of rules in the room. Reminds me of the movie theatres. Some that stuck out at me were only registered guests allowed in the room, NO outside food, you pay for things in the mini bar if you move them. But a big list of rules posted in the room.

Location - about 30 minutes from downtown split by car. A few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. (I wouldn't walk on the highway as this is one of the busiest sections of highway in Croatia right in fron of the hotel - but you can walk easily on the beach either way from the hotel to the other restaurants)

Overall, very little elite recognition and an overpriced hotel 60K points or 400€ per night for a dated (think 70's) style hotel in the marina.
@PrivatePilot we also stayed at the Sheraton Dubrovnic and thought the Sheraton was much nicer and better value.
iluvdoco and gojko88 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 10:05 am

Thoughts on using the Le Meridien as a base to visit Old Town Split? Too far away? Better to find a hotel closer to Old Town?
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thoughts on using the Le Meridien as a base to visit Old Town Split? Too far away? Better to find a hotel closer to Old Town?
you need to take a taxi or Uber but it’s quick (15 min) and cheap, so OK.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
We’ve been to
Le Meridian before, nice enough. But this time we are thinking of AC Split. We want to mostly see the ruins, we will have plenty of beach time before.

Anyone stay at both?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.