Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dhammer53
We're headed to Croatia this summer. I'm under the impression that this property if not in the city proper. Does the hotel offer shuttle service to town?

5 days in Split? Seems like a lot?
A day trip to Hvar? Would you suggest an overnight there, or just do a day trip?

Thanks.
Above post has some good advice (and I know he is a lot more familiar with Croatia than me and just my 7 day stay there!)

I'd personally rent a car...just gives you so much more flexibility. Lots of great day trips to be had ex-Split, and the car ferries are pretty ubiqutous (and allow you to explore more easily out at the islands).

Trying to recall our trip...we did:
- a day in Split proper - Diocletian Palace, walking around, shopping, eating, etc.
- a day at KRKA, then did the full wine tasting + meal at BIBICh winery (truly an amazing experience)
- day trip out to Hvar (highly recommended) - but we did it as a day trip as we already had our room at the LM, and with 4 nights/5th free, didn't want to spend $ for an add'l night
- a "beach day" (our final day in Croatia) staying close to home at the hotel...can definitely do some water sports there if you'd like
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
5 days should be about right for Split; I would certainly plan at least one island trip in that time, if not two. Some islands can be visited as a foot passenger on the scheduled ferries if you want to keep your options open until the last minute.

I used the public bus to get to and from the hotel, especially in the evenings coming back from Split (there's not a lot to do at the property). Sure, it's a bit of a drag at 25-40 minutes compared to 20 minutes in the shuttle or a taxi but I'm too mean to pay for a taxi

It's a wonderful property in a wonderful city. Enjoy your trip
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by ajamieson
5 days should be about right for Split; I would certainly plan at least one island trip in that time, if not two. Some islands can be visited as a foot passenger on the scheduled ferries if you want to keep your options open until the last minute.

I used the public bus to get to and from the hotel, especially in the evenings coming back from Split (there's not a lot to do at the property). Sure, it's a bit of a drag at 25-40 minutes compared to 20 minutes in the shuttle or a taxi but I'm too mean to pay for a taxi

It's a wonderful property in a wonderful city. Enjoy your trip

ajamieson,

Quick question if you might know the answer....we have 6 ppl(plus luggage) so I was going to rent a van. IF we DIDN'T want to, what is the person price to go from SPU to Le Meridien - again if you know the per person price? Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:43 am

You're asking about a taxi from the airport to the property? No idea because I was being tight and got the public bus (I was on my own with a small bag) but at a blind guess I would say in the region of 40-50 Euro total. You'd really need to check with the hotel, though, sorry.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tasnam
ajamieson,

Quick question if you might know the answer....we have 6 ppl(plus luggage) so I was going to rent a van. IF we DIDN'T want to, what is the person price to go from SPU to Le Meridien - again if you know the per person price? Thanks
Don't know the per person price- however I have driven to/from the airport to the hotel and it is around 30 km each way. I do have a taxi number for Split:
Telephone: +385 (0)21 895 237

You may want to call them and ask if they have a van and what it would cost?

Alternatively I am sure the hotel can set it up for you (although the cost may be higher?).
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Have not stayed at Le Meridien, but from the airport to Radisson Blu we have used Croatia Transfer on two trips (I used Google). We paid 40 Euros for a van with child seats. This was two years ago. If I remember correctly the price was 50 Euro to Lav where LM is. Can recommend the company.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: marriott
I'm considering staying at this property, and wondering if anyone else has feedback on a previous poster's comments that the internet was spotty and the beds were thin and hard. Is this consistent with everyone else's experiences?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Are you really going to base your stay decision on internet speed?

Of all the properties I have stayed at all over the world, this one is still in the top 5. We liked it so much we decided just to stay and chillax mid-trip (decided not to even go back into Split after spending a day there) and found it incredibly comfortable.

When we were there, there was no wireless in the rooms and since I only had an iPad I was limited to the free wifi in the lobby which was very slow. I can't comment on wired speed. Now I carry a Macbook Air and carry a USB to ethernet adapter just in case.

We had no trouble with the bed and found it very comfortable.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
I was there in March and found the WiFi to be good and could use it for Lync/Skype calls.

Also agree that the hotel is very nice... Will definitely return soon.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by skybride
Is this consistent with everyone else's experiences?
I don't recall either of those things being an issue, and even if they were it wouldn't detract from my enjoyment of this property.

BTW I realised I had a couple of pictures from my stay, here and here.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skybride
I'm considering staying at this property, and wondering if anyone else has feedback on a previous poster's comments that the internet was spotty and the beds were thin and hard. Is this consistent with everyone else's experiences?
Not really. Stayed here in April, and the internet was just fine, except that it was a bit laggy (but that only matters if you plan to do stuff such as online gaming). The bed was beyond comfortable, I had an amazing night's sleep.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Seeing a few posts above about transfer costs, I highly, highly, highly recommend arranging a boat transfer. You can walk from the airport, though it's a hike, or you can take a ~4 Euro taxi for 3 minutes, to a small pier where there's lots of people swimming nearby.

From there, it cost us 90 Euro + tip for the ~40 minute ride to Le Meridien. Worth. Every. Cent. You ride by Split proper and along the coast up to the hotel. The entire coastline is gorgeous and it's a perspective you won't get unless you head out to the islands.

I wish I had the man's contact info still, but we asked about a boat taxi at the info desk at the airport and they gave us his card. He told us to give our phone to the cab driver and he'd explain to him how to get to the pier. We did that, waited for about 10 minutes, and he showed up ready to roll.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
I was there last week for 5 days.

May 23-28

Ride is NOT far....I rented a car and both legs Le Meridien was 25 minutes MAX.

Bed was the WORST bed in my life (47 countries and hundred of hotels)...now other than that the hotel is great....other posts about Jr. Suite not being big and true size is accurate.

But rooms are nice, views great, breakfast great. beach European (rocky beach) but pleasant water...pool great, spa great.

Furniture was uncomfortable (coach, chairs in rooms) BED sucked!! Hurt shoulder still a week + later....

But everything else is great.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
Not really. Stayed here in April, and the internet was just fine, except that it was a bit laggy (but that only matters if you plan to do stuff such as online gaming). The bed was beyond comfortable, I had an amazing night's sleep.
I have stayed here quite a few times and not had big problems with the internet for basic things like VOIP, Webex, Email, etc. I do recall uploading a big file through our VPN took a bit of time- hopefully though you won't have to do too much work while you are here and if the above works you should be fine.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:50 am

I have 4 nights to stay somewhere after Greece in the last week of August and was considering visiting this property. Since the LM is outside of town, and it's such a short visit, do you think I might be better off staying right in the city? (Or maybe just save Croatia for another time.) I also realize it's high tourist season. Thanks.

Last edited by rrgg; Jun 4, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.