Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Split, Croatia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
I have 4 nights to stay somewhere after Greece in August and was considering visiting this property. Since the LM is outside of town, and it's such a short visit, do you think I might be better off staying right in the city? (Or maybe just save Croatia for another time.) I also realize it's high tourist season. Thanks.
My opinion being out of town is a significant plus particularly in August. This being said- as you read the thread- just understand how busy Croatia is in August- if you still want to go then do it! The weather will be very nice although perhaps just a touch hot.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Anyone have any experience going to Plitvice Lakes from Split by car or bus?

dh
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: marriott
Originally Posted by FrAAmer
Are you really going to base your stay decision on internet speed?
This is a working holiday of sorts...husband will be working, I will be on holiday So good internet for skype calls is a must.

Sounds like internet isn't the problem, but beds are hit or miss.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:53 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by dhammer53

dh
I strongly recommend staying somewhere very close by to visit Plitvice. There are lots of cheap B&Bs (see booking.com). If you want to really enjoy Plitvice, you need to get there the second it opens (not easy from Split -- it takes 4 hours). Getting there early, you'll have a wonderful time for the first two hours. Then the crowds will start to build.....and build and build.

By noon, you will wish you weren't there. And if you're smart, you won't be. You'll either go back to your hotel and visit again the next morning or leave altogether.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, BA Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by skybride
This is a working holiday of sorts...husband will be working, I will be on holiday So good internet for skype calls is a must.

Sounds like internet isn't the problem, but beds are hit or miss.
been there twice, once with two rooms, once with 3 rooms.
Never had a problem with the beds. My mother even wanted to buy it...
Old Jun 5, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by porciuscato
I strongly recommend staying somewhere very close by to visit Plitvice. There are lots of cheap B&Bs (see booking.com). If you want to really enjoy Plitvice, you need to get there the second it opens (not easy from Split -- it takes 4 hours). Getting there early, you'll have a wonderful time for the first two hours. Then the crowds will start to build.....and build and build.

By noon, you will wish you weren't there. And if you're smart, you won't be. You'll either go back to your hotel and visit again the next morning or leave altogether.
I concur with this. We drove up and stayed at one of the lodgings right by the park.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Decided to spend an extra night at LM, and do a day trip to Plitvice Lakes. Cost per person as of this writing is USD$112 per person. That includes admission. I know it's a killer day, but I made an executive decision. So, for better or for worse.

The hotel did send me the shuttle schedule. Cost is about USD$3.60 to town (one way).
Conversion rate of 1 US$ = 5.57 Kuna.

In June, the bus departs from the bus station/ferry port at:

9:30
10:30
11:30
15:30
18:00
21:00
23:00

In July, their are additional runs.

11:00

The bus from the hotel departs 30 minutes earlier. The first bus is 10:30, which I think is late.

Any idea what the taxi cost is between the hotel and the ferry port?

Dan
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Any idea what the taxi cost is between the hotel and the ferry port?
120-140 HRK, I'd say (or 20-25 USD, to spare you the conversion).
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
With high season beginning, I'll be spending a couple nights here in the next two weeks. What can I expect regarding crowds, plat upgrade, etc.? Booked into a Classic Seaview, and really looking forward to the visit.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In June, the bus departs from the bus station/ferry port at:
Really? We arrived at 9:10. The one thing the hotel website doesn't tell you is where the pickup location is. I walked across the street to where all the busses were, and didn't see any. Now keep in mind (I would find out later), that the bus pickup is on the ferry side. Don't go to the bus station. The bus is marked with the name of the hotel, so you can't miss it. I did.
I would later find out that there was an issue that morning. We ended up taking a taxi. When I mentioned this, the hotel very graciously paid for our next roundtrip into town . ^ I would have preferred 2 buffet breakfasts.

Originally Posted by gojko88
120-140 HRK, I'd say (or 20-25 USD, to spare you the conversion).
It was 120 kn from the taxi stand, adjacent to the bus and ferry.

Originally Posted by CLEguy
With high season beginning, I'll be spending a couple nights here in the next two weeks. What can I expect regarding crowds, plat upgrade, etc.? Booked into a Classic Seaview, and really looking forward to the visit.
As a Gold, they gave us a room facing the water and the yachts. ^
Really spacious room too. I was more than surprised. FYI, the staff is wonderful too.

For those that are interested in the breakfast buffet, it's 15 euros in season, and 12 off season. If you purchase breakfast with the Concierge, the cost is discounted. I may be off a little bit, but that's the general idea.

Since wi-fi is free in the hotel, I took the free drinks instead of the points as an amenity.

The beach/pool area was pretty crowded at 11:00am midweek, and the season isn't really in full force.

Speaking of breakfast, if you exit the hotel and make a left, I noticed a couple of cafes a short walk away. YMMV. If you're around lunchtime, besides the hotel restaurant, there are a few places adjacent to the pool/beach area.

At 10,000 points per night, this place is a bargain. ^

dh
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinium, Hilton Gold, AA Gold
This is a very nice hotel. Very good and friendly service. Nice location near Split on the road to Omiš na Makarska. As Platinium guest, I receieved an upgrade to spacious room with the sea view and complimentary breakfast. The breakfast buffet is very good. A lot of choices and very good quality. If you have a car, you need to pay for the parking for each day. They raise their fees in Croatia each year, so you have to check the fees before you go. Nice small swimming pool. In addition, there is inside a larger swimming pool, good when it rains. 5 minutes drive from the hotel towards Split you find two large supermarkets: Konzum and the other big one. You have a good selection of restaurants in the hotel and near. If you walk around 1000 m, there is a nice restaurant Amigos - good service and good food. Overall very good hotel and friendly service. Hotel nice located near Split.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by artccc
If you have a car, you need to pay for the parking for each day.
Thanks for the update. The website says €10 per day for parking. Is that the rate now that you saw?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Thanks for the update. The website says €10 per day for parking. Is that the rate now that you saw?
I was here in early July. I thought parking was USD $17?? YMMV
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:48 pm

croatia seems to be the hot place to be according to leisure magazine
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gunit770
croatia seems to be the hot place to be according to leisure magazine
For visitors from DACH and Italy in particular Croatia has been a top destination for at least 15 years now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.