Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2006, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
We also stayed at the Hotel Carlton in Nuremburg last Nov/Dec for the Christmas markets. Very nice hotel, great location, and close to the train station.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:06 pm

I changed my plans and have been to both this weekend. Le Meridien is nice old fashioned grad hotel (got upgrdaded to JS), Carlton is modern (Upgrade to executive).
Thumbs up to Carlton - I booked the wrong date and had a now-show charge on my card, showed up a day late, the reversed the charge without a problem .. nice !
Old Nov 26, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Very nice, BalluBallu!

Have you registered for the Le Meredien promo?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...caleoverwrite=

How were the Weihnachtsmarkts?
Old Dec 6, 2006, 6:02 am

I did register myself :-)
The Weihnachtsmarkt started shortly after my stay, but I have been there before so that was OK. I will check out the Weihnachtsmark in Dresden forthcoming weekend. Let’s see.
Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT LIFE, SPG Platinum, LHW LC, Fairmont PC
Originally Posted by BalluBallu
I will be doing a two one night paid stays in December during the weekend.
Which property would you choose if you were a Platinum?
Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nürnberg or ArabellaSheraton Hotel Carlton.
Did a search, but couldn't find any info

Thanxs

balluballu
Thanks for the thread. I was considering the same and think we'll go with the Le Meridien for a February stay.
Old May 2, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Bumping my own old thread.

I decided to stay at the NUE Movenpick hotel last trip to be close to the airport, but it is killing me not getting points for hotel stays. I'm back again next month and am considering the Le Meridien again.

Again I want to ditch the rental car the night before I leave. I have now been to Nuremberg and know it is an easy train ride from the airport to the Hauptbanhof. It looks like the walk from there to the hotel is very short and easy to do with a roll-a-board / minimal luggage. What time do the trains start running in the morning? I have a 5:50 am flight. Taxi might be a better option.

Thoughts?
Old May 2, 2007, 12:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, BA Gold
I stayed there in Feb. Nice hotel, friendly staff. Upon arrival I asked if I got an upgrade and the reception staff told me that the hotel was full. Akward since I glanced over their shoulder and saw all those keys hanging on the board (they still use the oldfashion keys).

I was too tired to start the usual procedure...calling plat desk...arguing with check in staff...etc.

They offered me a bottle of bubbly and a fruit plate, saying that all there Plats receive this...wondering if that is accurate.

I would definetely stay there again.
Old May 5, 2007, 9:44 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT LIFE, SPG Platinum, LHW LC, Fairmont PC
Le Meridien Nurnberg

On a visit in February, we were upgraded to a nice, but small suite. Last week, we were upgraded to a huge corner suite (two very large separate rooms, the living room included a dining room table with four chairs, a desk and chair, a sofa, two lounge chairs, and a coffee table). We were greeted with a bottle of sekt and fruit plate on arrival. There were Hermes products in the bathroom.

We usually take the train from FRA to NUE and the location is very convenient across from the bahnhof. You can't beat the location.

Just watch your bill since they always assume you eat breakfast and tack on a 20Euro/pp charge every day which we always have to have removed.
Old May 5, 2007, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by tev9999
Again I want to ditch the rental car the night before I leave. I have now been to Nuremberg and know it is an easy train ride from the airport to the Hauptbanhof. It looks like the walk from there to the hotel is very short and easy to do with a roll-a-board / minimal luggage. What time do the trains start running in the morning? I have a 5:50 am flight. Taxi might be a better option.
I believe you are talking about the subway that takes 12 minutes from the Central Station to the airport (U2). You should be lucky. The first one departs 4:58 and arives at the airport at 5:10.
Old May 8, 2007, 4:42 pm
SST

We got an outstanding room upgrade at the LeMeridien, over Christmas, to a suite with a turret window. We walked by the Sheraton, located a few more blocks from the bahnhof, but it looked pretty standard. We were glad we picked the LM, and the fact that the walled city is right across the street didn't disappoint. Can't comment on the rooms at the Sheraton, but were happy at the LM on the plat upgrade.
Old May 15, 2007, 8:05 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I believe you are talking about the subway that takes 12 minutes from the Central Station to the airport (U2). You should be lucky. The first one departs 4:58 and arives at the airport at 5:10.
Thanks. That is exactly the information I could not find. I'll just make sure I check in online with KLM the day before, and won't have luggage to check.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Any recent news for the Sheraton? There is no lounge, isn't it? And what about parking?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Nobody knows anything?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:55 am

Thumbs up

For me is the Sheraton Carlton the number one ^

Great clean and friendly hotel. Good rooms, breakfast and parking.

And over all good personal!
Old Apr 16, 2008, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum
...there is not a Concierge lounge and our breakfast was not included in the rate...
Same with the Le Meridien. No lounge and no complimentary breakfast. Otherwise very central location for the Le Meridien (at the train station).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.