Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Arrow Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]

Going to spend three nights, two rooms, on a reward vacation for the family. Which hotel is better?

Last edited by MIKEM; Apr 23, 2006 at 1:01 am
Old Apr 23, 2006, 2:59 pm

Programs: OF Silver, Starwood Corporate, LH m&m, HHonors Blue.
I would stay at the ArabellaSheraton (Carlton) Hotel. The rooms are very nice and newly renovated, nice SPA, nice Bathrooms.
The rooms at the LeMeridien are looking very old!! Not like a Grandhotel!!
Old Apr 23, 2006, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by MIKEM
Going to spend three nights, two rooms, on a reward vacation for the family. Which hotel is better?
I don't know the Meridien;however, we stayed at the Sheraton last fall and enjoyed the stay. We were upgraded to a suite, however there is not a Concierge lounge and our breakfast was not included in the rate. We had trouble finding the hotel, as it is on a street that runs off the left side of the train station (as the station faces the old town). Because the hotel faces the elevated train tracks, the location appears slightly creepy, but if you turn the corner to the right of the hotel as you leave, you are one block from the old town. We did become very satisfied with the location, although at first we had concerns.

We remember the staff as being especially gracious.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 4:43 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Another vote for the ArabellaSheraton. I had a great stay there, upgraded to a huge suite on a €60/night rate. It's a modern, well-kept property with a great staff.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 8:25 pm

Same thing for me never stayed in the Le Meridian, but Sheraton is very nice and renovated. ^
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nuremberg

I have a 6:20 am flight out of NUE in December. I'm planning on staying in Nuremberg the previous night to be closer to the airport. I have not been to NUE before and am looking for some advice.

Any reviews of this hotel? I can get a single for 96 Euro. I was also considering the Arabella Sheraton, but there is no availability.

What are my transport options to the airport? I will have a rental car, but was considering dropping it the night before. Does AVIS have drop off around 5am?

Thanks,
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Meridien to airport will take about 40 minutes with a taxi which would be the only option...
Old Sep 1, 2006, 2:04 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
From personal experience, elite treatment at the Sheraton is better than at the Le Meridien.

I was travelling there the a few weeks ago with a friend who is Gold, and we were bluntly asked to pay the difference if we wanted any upgrade.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Meridien to airport will take about 40 minutes with a taxi which would be the only option...
Appologies for being rude, but nothing in Nuremberg will take 40 minutes. The Meridien is in Bahnhofstraße and less than 8 km from the Airport. At 5 am in the morning you will need 10 minutes by taxi.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rcs85551
From personal experience, elite treatment at the Sheraton is better than at the Le Meridien. I was travelling there the a few weeks ago with a friend who is Gold, and we were bluntly asked to pay the difference if we wanted any upgrade.
Appologies again for being rude again: The upgrades available for Golds are not really exciting but getting gold is not a real hurdle. For Platinums, Le Meridien in Germany AND in Nuremberg is great. I strongly believe that the statement "elite treatment at the Sheraton is better" is too general. The upgrades I receive eg at the Sheratons in Frankfurt, Duesseldorf or Munich are not really exciting, they do not to many suites available. Le Meridien in Frankfurt or Nuremberg or Westin in Berlin is by far better at least for Platinums.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; Sep 1, 2006 at 3:22 pm Reason: typos
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:09 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Appologies again for being rude again: The upgrades available for Golds are not really exciting but getting gold is not a real hurdle. For Platinums, Le Meridien in Germany AND in Nuremberg is great. I strongly believe that the statement "elite treatment at the Sheraton is better" is too general. The upgrades I receive eg at the Sheratons in Frankfurt, Duesseldorf or Munich are not really exciting, they do not to many suites available. Le Meridien in Frankfurt or Nuremberg or Westin in Berlin is by far better at least for Platinums.
Well, before being rude, better read/interpret the posts properly.

1. This thread is about Nuremberg, not all SPG brands in general. Other cities are a different story, with different experiences.

2. I am Platinum, he is Gold. We were both asked to pay up for our respective rooms if we wanted anything other than the standard room we had booked.

3. Even for a Gold, the Gold member should be put in a "preferred" room if available. Only willing to produce this limited upgrade into a "preferred" room in exchange for cash is against SPG T&C.

4. Personal experience at the NUE Sheraton Carlton has been way better.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I didn't try the LM there, but got a great upgrade to a bit suite at the Sheraton even on an award stay. Good staff, and a handy location very close to the train station and just outside the old city.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:32 am

Question Nürnberg Le Méridien or Sheraton ?

I will be doing a two one night paid stays in December during the weekend.
Which property would you choose if you were a Platinum?
Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nürnberg or ArabellaSheraton Hotel Carlton.
Did a search, but couldn't find any info

Thanxs

balluballu
Old Nov 22, 2006, 10:09 am

Smile

Originally Posted by BalluBallu
I will be doing a two one night paid stays in December during the weekend.
Which property would you choose if you were a Platinum?
Le Méridien Grand Hotel Nürnberg or ArabellaSheraton Hotel Carlton.
Did a search, but couldn't find any info

Thanxs

balluballu
We had stayed at the Arabella Sheraton last year and enjoyed the stay. We were upgraded to a very large suite in response to my Platinum status. Here is the URL that corresponds to my post at that time.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...d+Germany+Tour
Old Nov 22, 2006, 12:28 pm

That gives me an idea of one of the two .. Thanxs ^
I was searching for Nuernberg and Nürnberg. I was not thinking of Nurnberg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.